The Student Room Group

confused about a levels

ok so after i had completed my gcses and left school i went to college and did a levels. I ended up coming out of college with only 2 a levels both with a grade D. I basically flunked my entire 2 years at college and barely showed up. I'm currently 19 about to turn 20 and would like to re do my a levels but completely different ones. At the time of picking my previous A Levels i didn't know what i wanted to do as a career but now i have an idea and wish i did completely different a levels. Am i able to go back to college and do different a levels even though i've already got some? Thanks
Original post by Articultr
ok so after i had completed my gcses and left school i went to college and did a levels. I ended up coming out of college with only 2 a levels both with a grade D. I basically flunked my entire 2 years at college and barely showed up. I'm currently 19 about to turn 20 and would like to re do my a levels but completely different ones. At the time of picking my previous A Levels i didn't know what i wanted to do as a career but now i have an idea and wish i did completely different a levels. Am i able to go back to college and do different a levels even though i've already got some? Thanks

You may not be eligible for funding as you already have a levels, is your aim to go to university?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You may not be eligible for funding as you already have a levels, is your aim to go to university?

yeah, I'd really like to take completely new a levels and do really well so that I have a choice of universities to pick rather than be stuck with low grades and trying to find somewhere that would let me in :smile:
Original post by Articultr
yeah, I'd really like to take completely new a levels and do really well so that I have a choice of universities to pick rather than be stuck with low grades and trying to find somewhere that would let me in :smile:

You could consider an access course instead as that would only take a year, presuming that you know what degree you want to go on to do. You should contact universities to ask whether they accept second sittings or resits for courses if you go down the a level route.

Quick Reply

Latest