The Student Room Group

GCSE English

Hi, can anybody please help?? I'm trying to find out grade boundaries for the coursework. I haven't got my spoken language score yet but have all the others. How can I find our what's needed for an A or B? Also if you get a B on coursework, can you get an A in the exam?
Original post by Sunny1610
Hi, can anybody please help?? I'm trying to find out grade boundaries for the coursework. I haven't got my spoken language score yet but have all the others. How can I find our what's needed for an A or B? Also if you get a B on coursework, can you get an A in the exam?

Hi, can I ask if this is for the iGCSE as it seems to be?
Reply 2
Hi, no this is for the GCSE.

Original post by Rhythmical
Hi, can I ask if this is for the iGCSE as it seems to be?
Reply 3

Which exam board?
Reply 4
Original post by luciie
Which exam board?

AQA
Reply 5
AQA

This is going off last year's grade boundaries, but they're pretty much the same each year.

72/80 - A*
65/80 - A
56/80 - B
47/80 - C
37/80 - D
28/80 - E
19/80 - F
10/80 - G
Reply 6
Original post by luciie
This is going off last year's grade boundaries, but they're pretty much the same each year.

72/80 - A*
65/80 - A
56/80 - B
47/80 - C
37/80 - D
28/80 - E
19/80 - F
10/80 - G

Thanks so much for this. I currently have 25/30 for texts, 26/30 for creative and am waiting for spoken. Do you think I'm likely to be in the b category?
Reply 7
Original post by luciie

72/80 - A*
65/80 - A
56/80 - B
47/80 - C
37/80 - D
28/80 - E
19/80 - F
10/80 - G

Thanks so much for this. I currently have 25/30 for texts, 26/30 for creative and am waiting for spoken. Do you think I'm likely to be in the b category?
Reply 8

After the spoken assessment, are all of your CAs done?
You currently have 51 marks thus you only need 5 more marks to get in the B category so, yes, it's very likely :smile:
Reply 9
[QUOTE="luciie;64087409"]After the spoken assessment, are all of your CAs done?
You currently have 51 marks thus you only need 5 more marks to get in the B category so, yes, it's very likely :smile:[/QUOTE

Yeah all done after the spoken one. It says that is out of 20 but not sure how they're individually graded. We've done the group discussion, which was out of 14 and waiting for the analysis of the speech mark. Still got presentations and role playing to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending