The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Just to let anybody who cares know, this month's FourFourTwo magazine is their annual 'top 50 players in the Football League' edition!
Original post by Mackay
Just to let anybody who cares know, this month's FourFourTwo magazine is their annual 'top 50 players in the Football League' edition!

Thanks I will read this with interest.

However let's hope their selections are more accurate than their pre season predictions.

Brighton to be second bottom anyone?
Original post by moggis

Brighton to be second bottom anyone?

Oh dear! That's a weird prediction from them.

I banked Rotherham, Charlton and Huddersfield to go down. 1/3.
Original post by Mackay
Oh dear! That's a weird prediction from them.

I banked Rotherham, Charlton and Huddersfield to go down. 1/3.

Oh.Did you predict all the places ?

Very very hard.

One out of three is good going especially as everyone would have had Rotherham.

It should be an interesting battle next season I think if Rotherham continue to do well.
Original post by moggis
Oh.Did you predict all the places ?

Very very hard.

One out of three is good going especially as everyone would have had Rotherham.

It should be an interesting battle next season I think if Rotherham continue to do well.

Nope, just fancied those three to go down. I thought Hull and Derby would get automatic promotion.
Original post by Midlander
With respect your club has no history.

I don't know what you call history, but in just over 12 years of existence we have:
- [2003-04] become the first professional club moved and renamed for decades (whether you like or agree with it or not);
- [2004-05] survived relegation on the last day of the season with a goal in the last 10 minutes;
- [2007-08] won the (fourth-tier) league and (football league trophy) cup double;
- [2012-13] beat our arch-rivals in the FA Cup with an added-time flicked winner after our keeper made a vital save at the other end minutes earlier;
- [2014-15] thrashed Manchester United 4-0 in the League Cup;
- [2014-15] won promotion to the second tier on the last day of the season with other results going our way, scoring over 100 goals in the league over the season.

I would say that is more history than some clubs have in decades. :dontknow:
And it looks like we're about to be relegated again so that's some more (unwanted) history. :sigh:
Original post by alex_hk90
I don't know what you call history, but in just over 12 years of existence we have:
- [2003-04] become the first professional club moved and renamed for decades (whether you like or agree with it or not);
- [2004-05] survived relegation on the last day of the season with a goal in the last 10 minutes;
- [2007-08] won the (fourth-tier) league and (football league trophy) cup double;
- [2012-13] beat our arch-rivals in the FA Cup with an added-time flicked winner after our keeper made a vital save at the other end minutes earlier;
- [2014-15] thrashed Manchester United 4-0 in the League Cup;
- [2014-15] won promotion to the second tier on the last day of the season with other results going our way, scoring over 100 goals in the league over the season.

I would say that is more history than some clubs have in decades. :dontknow:
And it looks like we're about to be relegated again so that's some more (unwanted) history. :sigh:

I am being facetious because I have no time for the club and never will. Though if you could give Carl Baker back that might help a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holding Wigan away at HT, of course we can do that but at home to **** like Colchester? No chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Christ, gonna be some massive teams in the championship next season. You'll also have Burton, which is humorous.
I am being facetious because I have no time for the club and never will. Though if you could give Carl Baker back that might help a little.

You can have Carl Baker back - we need to have a bit of a clear-out this summer and re-build in League One. :sigh:
Original post by The Wavefunction
Christ, gonna be some massive teams in the championship next season. You'll also have Burton, which is humorous.

Shows how poor L1 is and in particular how poor we have been since January not to make the top 6. Suspect the Champs will be a step too far for Burton simply from a finance perspective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Villa's relegation temporarily delayed by Norwich's defeat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't believe we stuffed Sheffield Wednesday 4-1 and they're top 6
Cannot believe Bradford's run, absolutley incredible, if we keep it up we WILL get promoted even automatics !!! Cannot believe it now !!
Original post by redleader1
Cannot believe Bradford's run, absolutley incredible, if we keep it up we WILL get promoted even automatics !!! Cannot believe it now !!

Make sure to include a game against us for a guaranteed 3 points, but don't catch the choking virus that infects the Ricoh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shocker for Sheffield Wednesday, just hope it's only a blip for them.
Bolton down to League One, Crewe down to League Two, Northampton promoted.

Busy weekend.
Original post by Mackay
Bolton down to League One, Crewe down to League Two, Northampton promoted.

Busy weekend.

Think this means Northampton will be our closest club now, particularly if Walsall go up. Not sure how Bolton will get on, I see a lot of similarities between the dire state we were in in 2012, though they do at least own the ground.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think this means Northampton will be our closest club now, particularly if Walsall go up. Not sure how Bolton will get on, I see a lot of similarities between the dire state we were in in 2012, though they do at least own the ground.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Bolton will be OK if they clear out their high earners, and Dean Holdsworth brings some financial stability. His heart is obviously in the right place as an ex-player, after all.
Disaster tonight for Nottingham Forest conceding a late goal to lose to Brighton.

Quick Reply

Latest