The Student Room Group

Is it weird to randomly add a girl on FaceBook?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dodgypirate
So you think I should go for it and add her.

I'm just not sure of what to message her along with the friend request?

I've no idea.
Would it be weird or "weak" to add a girl on FaceBook?

I do know her and have spoken, I just don't know whether adding her on FB is a good idea?

If you know her and you think it will be appropriate to add her on Facebook then go ahead. Or if you think that it's not appropriate to, then maybe bring Facebook up in a conversation to her face to face and ask to add her?

Original post by LittleMissMay
Randomly adding random people is literally how Facebook works.
Which is why it's lost its appeal to me.
@undercxver if I may tag you here :colondollar:

:five:

Not about that adding-random-people-idk life. :u: :rofl:
Original post by Indieboohoo1
I was planning on doing this with a guy I like but he's dissapeared on Facebook :emo:

Catfish got grilled?

:lol:
Original post by undercxver
If you know her and you think it will be appropriate to add her on Facebook then go ahead. Or if you think that it's not appropriate to, then maybe bring Facebook up in a conversation to her face to face and ask to add her?

:five:

Not about that adding-random-people-idk life. :u: :rofl:

I stopped when I got Catfished.
Pfffff no point... there's a picture of her making out with some dude (BF).... neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext!
I stopped when I got Catfished.

Someone made a fake Facebook of me too omg. :five: :rofl:

I do know her and have spoken, I just don't know whether adding her on FB is a good idea?

Over 500 girls on my Fb are random, and some hot girls sent me a request

Nah there's no point now. She's got a boyfriend. I'm going to forget about her.
Catfish got grilled?

:lol:

What do you mean? :tongue:
It just feels weird to me - probably irrational weirdness though.

I just don't know what message to send her...

A smiley face always works for me.....but not the winky one-it sends out a wrong message...
Someone made a fake Facebook of me too omg. :five: :rofl:

I had people use my photos, like a good friend of mine told me, "You know they put your photo on their wall right?" I go to their wall and my photo is there?! And it says, "that's my bitch." :erm: I'm like, "well that's great. Also...we just met :hand:."

I've also been sexted :colondollar: but once when I was 14 and it was kinda my fault but it got out of hand with the sharing and stuff, and a few people lied to me about who they were. Ah well. :colonhash:

Original post by Indieboohoo1
What do you mean? :tongue:

Well when you actually cook a catfish it means you've caught them.
So mayhaps your crush was discovered as a catfish and "disappeared?" :wink:
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
A smiley face always works for me.....but not the winky one-it sends out a wrong message...

I don't think there's any point now... I've just a picture of her and some guy kissing, so I'll just move on.

Lol if you know her then it obviously wouldn't be weird.
[QUOTE=LittleMissMay;64090477]I had people use my photos, like a good friend of mine told me, "You know they put your photo on their wall right?" I go to their wall and my photo is there?! And it says, "that's my bitch." :erm: I'm like, "well that's great. Also...we just met :hand:."

I've also been sexted :colondollar: but once when I was 14 and it was kinda my fault but it got out of hand with the sharing and stuff, and a few people lied to me about who they were. Ah well. :colonhash:

Well when you actually cook a catfish it means you've caught them.
So mayhaps your crush was discovered as a catfish and "disappeared?" :wink:

Lol no I know him from work but I stopped working there also I recognise his face. Even though he did have two accounts. Maybe I was :rofl:
I do know her and have spoken

That is literally the only condition you need to meet to get your friend request accepted the majority of the time.

No need to overthink it
I don't think there's any point now... I've just a picture of her and some guy kissing, so I'll just move on.

I dont think you should give up-it's obvious you like her, and I dont even know you, I mean what guy goes all "weak" for a girl-it's usually the other way around. Just friend her on FB at least that you're still friends.....Good Luck
I added a girl on Facebook from work, she hasn't accepted the friend request and has deleted mutual friends we had. Gonna be very awkward when I see her at work.

Quick Reply

Latest