The Student Room Group

School study leave ? Possible ideas please *SIXTH FORM*

So my school unfortunately are not giving study leave...keep in mind that the teachers are terrible.... and a lot of people actually want study leave many have already said that "we" get more done at home rather than school, and tbh this is completely true (in my case) it honestly does piss me off that were not allowed the school is a ****in shithole..... and i honestly could be putting these next 5 weeks to good use instead of waking up at 6 and reaching home at 4 whilst feeling extremely exhausted.....what is the point...

Are there any ways i ( and the majority) could possibly convince them to give us study leave ??

Any contribution/idea would be highly appreciated .

cheers
we had the same issue at our school, they claimed it was unfair for other students who didn't get study leaves that we get one, which didn't make sense. But since we all really needed the study leave and also saw that we got more done at home than at school we first spoke to our teachers , who eventually stood by our side and then we tried to convince the principle to give us a study leave. It almost seemed impossible but for some reason after spring break we were told that we're having a study leave after our second mocks.
I suggest you all talk to the administration or whoever is responsible. maybe involve your parents.Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by i want to pass
we had the same issue at our school, they claimed it was unfair for other students who didn't get study leaves that we get one, which didn't make sense. But since we all really needed the study leave and also saw that we got more done at home than at school we first spoke to our teachers , who eventually stood by our side and then we tried to convince the principle to give us a study leave. It almost seemed impossible but for some reason after spring break we were told that we're having a study leave after our second mocks.
I suggest you all talk to the administration or whoever is responsible. maybe involve your parents.Good luck!

thanks, do you think its too late now or should i still try
Make your parents write in, or take it directly to the school governors. Or put up a petition/fuss in school.
Our school give us study leave but then again, our school sounds like the EXACT opposite to yours.
Original post by Synonym
thanks, do you think its too late now or should i still try

No it isn't ,ask everyone to help you out too. Even though i say we're getting a study leave, we're still currently doing our mocks and we'll only have 2 weeks before our actual exams, but every second counts so it's better to get something rather than nothing.
Reply 5
Could you not just stay off?
Reply 6
Original post by luciie

bunk, and stay home?
Original post by luciie

that's what im doing :3 although I think they might remove me from exams for taking too much time off..
Original post by Synonym
bunk, and stay home?

yeah, be a rebel lmao
Reply 9
Original post by Virolite
yeah, be a rebel lmao

aha, i honestly cant, it would be difficult to explain to my parents ps has your school called home regarding your absence ?
Original post by Synonym
aha, i honestly cant, it would be difficult to explain to my parents ps has your school called home regarding your absence ?

oh fair enough, with me my parents are cool about it as long as i'm actually studying
my school don't really call about absences, but they pay attention to attendance and take it every seriously, so taking time off school is a pretty risky idea but it's for the better ^_^
Reply 11
oh fair enough, with me my parents are cool about it as long as i'm actually studying
my school don't really call about absences, but they pay attention to attendance and take it every seriously, so taking time off school is a pretty risky idea but it's for the better ^_^

ah man your lucky, i wish i could do that...my school is so pathetic people even bad mouth about it on tsr .....there is literally nothing good about the school
Original post by Synonym
ah man your lucky, i wish i could do that...my school is so pathetic people even bad mouth about it on tsr .....there is literally nothing good about the school

yeah I feel you man, tbh I learn more on my own than I do at school too
try and explain to your parents about the situation or yolo it, because at the end of the day they're your exams and its your life :':wink:
Reply 13
yeah I feel you man, tbh I learn more on my own than I do at school too
try and explain to your parents about the situation or yolo it, because at the end of the day they're your exams and its your life :':wink:

will do and thanks man
Just don't go as long as you've done all the coursework and the spec is finished.

Quick Reply