The Student Room Group

Kill me now

I'm so embarrassed! The week we broke up from school I went to a friend of mines party where the large majority of people there got drunk. I myself got rather drunk, something I am not proud of as I am a rather sloppy drunk, and fell over a large number of times throughout the evening. However, this is not what I am so embarrassed about. Towards the end of the evening I began to get very tired, and so sat down on the floor in the living room, where quite a few people were already sat. There was somebody sat in a chair directly next to me, who I began to lean my head on, after asking if they minded to which I got a reply saying they didn't mind. I can't really remember much of this point, only I know that someone took a video at the time, which barely featured me but consisted of someone saying 'look at [my name]!' And then someone else proceeded to shout my full name, and then the camera very shakily turned round to me. If this was all I was embarrassed about it would not be too bad, but some time later the person I was leaning on moved across the room, and went home soon after I believe. I then leant my head on the shoulder of the person sitting on my other side, who I had never met or spoken to before that night, besides them offering me a drink at the beginning of the night. We had a short conversation that I can't remember what was said, and then that person proceeded to kiss me. It was a very short kiss, like a peck, and I had absolutely nothing to do with it. I then asked that person why they kissed me and they said because they wanted to. I was unsure what to do at this point, and in my drink state wasn't able to get up or consider what would have been the best thing to do. Instead I yelled for my friend who was in the kitchen, and when that friend replied I just whispered '[the person who kissed me] just kissed me!' I was very tired by that point and spent the rest of the night leaning on that persons shoulder, and borrowed their phone to call my sister to pick me up after mine died. Once my sister arrived I carried on with my embarrassment telling my sister that the person sat next to me had kissed me. My sister I know will not repeat that, having done many embarrasing things while drunk herself. I had hoped that because there were a couple of weeks before I had to see everyone again that everyone would have forgotten but that appears not to be the case. We were walking through the corridor today, me and two friends, one of who was at the party, who nudged me and said 'look there's [person who I leant on at first]' I pretended not to hear them until they had passed us, and I was so embarrassed. That person who I had leant on first I had never spoken to before that night, although I did know who they were. The next lesson I had with that friend they then proceeded to start talking about the party with another friend who had been there. I attempted to change the subject, which my friend picked up on but did not press any further. They then told me, much to my humiliation that the person who kissed me (who doesn't go to my school btw, so I probably won't see again, or at least for a very long time) claimed it didn't happen, making me look rather foolish. I also found out the day after the party that the person who had kissed me had been getting on someone else at the party for quite a while, about a month I think, but that person had also got off with someone else at that party besides me (although I wouldn't count what happened between us as 'getting off'. That caused me even more embarrassment even though I didn't know it at the time and didn't even kiss the person, they kissed me. I'll manage to avoid pretty much everyone who was at that party who aren't my friends until Friday, when I'm not sure what I should do as I will spend an entire lesson in a room with them. I have tried to laugh it off but people keep bringing it up and it just makes me feel awful, my closest friends won't bring it up but I have some friends who I'm not as close with who will bring it up. I know I should also try to change the subject which I have tried with limited success. I am just hoping that another party happens soon so that people will forget about what happened at the last one and start talking about the more recent one. I have also decided that I am not going to drink at a party again, and if I do it will be very little, as all I do when I'm drunk is embarras myself. But does anyone have any idea what I should do to stop feeling so embarrassed and to get people to forget about it?
Reply 1
for the love of god please use paragraphs! no one is going to read that great wall of china made of words.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so embarrassed! The week we broke up from school I went to a friend of mines party where the large majority of people there got drunk. I myself got rather drunk, something I am not proud of as I am a rather sloppy drunk, and fell over a large number of times throughout the evening. However, this is not what I am so embarrassed about. Towards the end of the evening I began to get very tired, and so sat down on the floor in the living room, where quite a few people were already sat. There was somebody sat in a chair directly next to me, who I began to lean my head on, after asking if they minded to which I got a reply saying they didn't mind. I can't really remember much of this point, only I know that someone took a video at the time, which barely featured me but consisted of someone saying 'look at [my name]!' And then someone else proceeded to shout my full name, and then the camera very shakily turned round to me. If this was all I was embarrassed about it would not be too bad, but some time later the person I was leaning on moved across the room, and went home soon after I believe. I then leant my head on the shoulder of the person sitting on my other side, who I had never met or spoken to before that night, besides them offering me a drink at the beginning of the night. We had a short conversation that I can't remember what was said, and then that person proceeded to kiss me. It was a very short kiss, like a peck, and I had absolutely nothing to do with it. I then asked that person why they kissed me and they said because they wanted to. I was unsure what to do at this point, and in my drink state wasn't able to get up or consider what would have been the best thing to do. Instead I yelled for my friend who was in the kitchen, and when that friend replied I just whispered '[the person who kissed me] just kissed me!' I was very tired by that point and spent the rest of the night leaning on that persons shoulder, and borrowed their phone to call my sister to pick me up after mine died. Once my sister arrived I carried on with my embarrassment telling my sister that the person sat next to me had kissed me. My sister I know will not repeat that, having done many embarrasing things while drunk herself. I had hoped that because there were a couple of weeks before I had to see everyone again that everyone would have forgotten but that appears not to be the case. We were walking through the corridor today, me and two friends, one of who was at the party, who nudged me and said 'look there's [person who I leant on at first]' I pretended not to hear them until they had passed us, and I was so embarrassed. That person who I had leant on first I had never spoken to before that night, although I did know who they were. The next lesson I had with that friend they then proceeded to start talking about the party with another friend who had been there. I attempted to change the subject, which my friend picked up on but did not press any further. They then told me, much to my humiliation that the person who kissed me (who doesn't go to my school btw, so I probably won't see again, or at least for a very long time) claimed it didn't happen, making me look rather foolish. I also found out the day after the party that the person who had kissed me had been getting on someone else at the party for quite a while, about a month I think, but that person had also got off with someone else at that party besides me (although I wouldn't count what happened between us as 'getting off'. That caused me even more embarrassment even though I didn't know it at the time and didn't even kiss the person, they kissed me. I'll manage to avoid pretty much everyone who was at that party who aren't my friends until Friday, when I'm not sure what I should do as I will spend an entire lesson in a room with them. I have tried to laugh it off but people keep bringing it up and it just makes me feel awful, my closest friends won't bring it up but I have some friends who I'm not as close with who will bring it up. I know I should also try to change the subject which I have tried with limited success. I am just hoping that another party happens soon so that people will forget about what happened at the last one and start talking about the more recent one. I have also decided that I am not going to drink at a party again, and if I do it will be very little, as all I do when I'm drunk is embarras myself. But does anyone have any idea what I should do to stop feeling so embarrassed and to get people to forget about it?

Man this is long to read.
Aw don't worry, it's not that embarrassing. Just continue to style it out and laugh it off I guess :redface:
Maybe try and say like 'Did I? I must have been so drunk' and laugh. Tell people the truth that he kissed you? Don't really have any more suggestions. Good luck anyway!

Regards

Taylor
K having trawled thru all that (what did u get for english btw??) I thinj the best thing is just to laugh it off and act like u dont care. If ppl see that they are getting a reaction out of you*then they are gonna embarass u even more. Every1*does dumb **** when they are drunk...*

And yeah, there is probably gonna be a new scandal soon... Just remember how it feels to have every1 talking about you like that and maybe not do it...???

Also, dont make yourself promises you wont be able to keep, cos that will just make u feel*crap about yourself if you break them.

And come on, having a guy kiss you isnt that bad...:wink:
Reply 6
I am very proud of myself, I actually read the entire post.
Remember, paragraphs are your best friend!
Read few lines and got bored... Not helpful I know but your post is so long...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so embarrassed!

The week we broke up from school I went to a friend of mines party where the large majority of people there got drunk. I myself got rather drunk, something I am not proud of as I am a rather sloppy drunk, and fell over a large number of times throughout the evening. However, this is not what I am so embarrassed about.

Towards the end of the evening I began to get very tired, and so sat down on the floor in the living room, where quite a few people were already sat. There was somebody sat in a chair directly next to me, who I began to lean my head on, after asking if they minded to which I got a reply saying they didn't mind.

I can't really remember much of this point, only I know that someone took a video at the time, which barely featured me but consisted of someone saying 'look at [my name]!' And then someone else proceeded to shout my full name, and then the camera very shakily turned round to me. If this was all I was embarrassed about it would not be too bad, but some time later the person I was leaning on moved across the room, and went home soon after I believe.

I then leant my head on the shoulder of the person sitting on my other side, who I had never met or spoken to before that night, besides them offering me a drink at the beginning of the night. We had a short conversation that I can't remember what was said, and then that person proceeded to kiss me. It was a very short kiss, like a peck, and I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I then asked that person why they kissed me and they said because they wanted to. I was unsure what to do at this point, and in my drink state wasn't able to get up or consider what would have been the best thing to do. Instead I yelled for my friend who was in the kitchen, and when that friend replied I just whispered '[the person who kissed me] just kissed me!'. I was very tired by that point and spent the rest of the night leaning on that persons shoulder, and borrowed their phone to call my sister to pick me up after mine died.

Once my sister arrived I carried on with my embarrassment telling my sister that the person sat next to me had kissed me. My sister I know will not repeat that, having done many embarrassing things while drunk herself. I had hoped that because there were a couple of weeks before I had to see everyone again that everyone would have forgotten but that appears not to be the case.

We were walking through the corridor today, me and two friends, one of who was at the party, who nudged me and said 'look there's [person who I leant on at first]'. I pretended not to hear them until they had passed us, and I was so embarrassed. That person who I had leant on first I had never spoken to before that night, although I did know who they were.

The next lesson I had with that friend they then proceeded to start talking about the party with another friend who had been there. I attempted to change the subject, which my friend picked up on but did not press any further. They then told me, much to my humiliation that the person who kissed me (who doesn't go to my school btw, so I probably won't see again, or at least for a very long time) claimed it didn't happen, making me look rather foolish.

I also found out the day after the party that the person who had kissed me had been getting on someone else at the party for quite a while, about a month I think, but that person had also got off with someone else at that party besides me (although I wouldn't count what happened between us as 'getting off'. That caused me even more embarrassment even though I didn't know it at the time and didn't even kiss the person, they kissed me.

I'll manage to avoid pretty much everyone who was at that party who aren't my friends until Friday, when I'm not sure what I should do as I will spend an entire lesson in a room with them. I have tried to laugh it off but people keep bringing it up and it just makes me feel awful, my closest friends won't bring it up but I have some friends who I'm not as close with who will bring it up. I know I should also try to change the subject which I have tried with limited success.

I am just hoping that another party happens soon so that people will forget about what happened at the last one and start talking about the more recent one. I have also decided that I am not going to drink at a party again, and if I do it will be very little, as all I do when I'm drunk is embarrass myself.

But does anyone have any idea what I should do to stop feeling so embarrassed and to get people to forget about it?

TL;DR: Kissed a guy at a party, he denies it, everyone's poking fun at me and I feel awful about it all.

THAT is how you should've structured the post. You're welcome.
Much more embarrasing things have happened than that at parties
I'm so embarrassed!

The week we broke up from school I went to a friend of mines party where the large majority of people there got drunk. I myself got rather drunk, something I am not proud of as I am a rather sloppy drunk, and fell over a large number of times throughout the evening. However, this is not what I am so embarrassed about.

Towards the end of the evening I began to get very tired, and so sat down on the floor in the living room, where quite a few people were already sat. There was somebody sat in a chair directly next to me, who I began to lean my head on, after asking if they minded to which I got a reply saying they didn't mind.

I can't really remember much of this point, only I know that someone took a video at the time, which barely featured me but consisted of someone saying 'look at [my name]!' And then someone else proceeded to shout my full name, and then the camera very shakily turned round to me. If this was all I was embarrassed about it would not be too bad, but some time later the person I was leaning on moved across the room, and went home soon after I believe.

I then leant my head on the shoulder of the person sitting on my other side, who I had never met or spoken to before that night, besides them offering me a drink at the beginning of the night. We had a short conversation that I can't remember what was said, and then that person proceeded to kiss me. It was a very short kiss, like a peck, and I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I then asked that person why they kissed me and they said because they wanted to. I was unsure what to do at this point, and in my drink state wasn't able to get up or consider what would have been the best thing to do. Instead I yelled for my friend who was in the kitchen, and when that friend replied I just whispered '[the person who kissed me] just kissed me!'. I was very tired by that point and spent the rest of the night leaning on that persons shoulder, and borrowed their phone to call my sister to pick me up after mine died.

Once my sister arrived I carried on with my embarrassment telling my sister that the person sat next to me had kissed me. My sister I know will not repeat that, having done many embarrassing things while drunk herself. I had hoped that because there were a couple of weeks before I had to see everyone again that everyone would have forgotten but that appears not to be the case.

We were walking through the corridor today, me and two friends, one of who was at the party, who nudged me and said 'look there's [person who I leant on at first]'. I pretended not to hear them until they had passed us, and I was so embarrassed. That person who I had leant on first I had never spoken to before that night, although I did know who they were.

The next lesson I had with that friend they then proceeded to start talking about the party with another friend who had been there. I attempted to change the subject, which my friend picked up on but did not press any further. They then told me, much to my humiliation that the person who kissed me (who doesn't go to my school btw, so I probably won't see again, or at least for a very long time) claimed it didn't happen, making me look rather foolish.

I also found out the day after the party that the person who had kissed me had been getting on someone else at the party for quite a while, about a month I think, but that person had also got off with someone else at that party besides me (although I wouldn't count what happened between us as 'getting off'. That caused me even more embarrassment even though I didn't know it at the time and didn't even kiss the person, they kissed me.

I'll manage to avoid pretty much everyone who was at that party who aren't my friends until Friday, when I'm not sure what I should do as I will spend an entire lesson in a room with them. I have tried to laugh it off but people keep bringing it up and it just makes me feel awful, my closest friends won't bring it up but I have some friends who I'm not as close with who will bring it up. I know I should also try to change the subject which I have tried with limited success.

I am just hoping that another party happens soon so that people will forget about what happened at the last one and start talking about the more recent one. I have also decided that I am not going to drink at a party again, and if I do it will be very little, as all I do when I'm drunk is embarrass myself.

But does anyone have any idea what I should do to stop feeling so embarrassed and to get people to forget about it?

TL;DR: Kissed a guy at a party, he denies it, everyone's poking fun at me and I feel awful about it all.
Reply 12
You must marry him now. Maybe.
Reply 13
sofia?
I read it but made my ****ing head hurt

Do you talk without breathing too?

Ignore them. You kissed, you leaned, no issue there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest