The Student Room Group

when do you study best?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by maria.x
An oncologist. I could benefit myself by learning a language or two. Being a translator was always my first choice, my family doesn't object but they've always 'imagined' me as a doctor so yeah.

i wanted to be a translator too but multiple school moves screwed that up for me!
what does an oncologist do?
I don't.
Original post by shawtyb
i wanted to be a translator too but multiple school moves screwed that up for me!

I don't aspire to be a translator as a chosen profession, but definitely would love it as a given profession since I wanna like stay for a long time in like Brazil or Japan or something :daydreaming:
Reply 63
Original post by LittleMissMay
I don't.

how comes
Original post by shawtyb
if theres people here ie kids, bf etc, id get NOTHING done

I have 2 younger siblings who drive me mental with their distractions. They shout and scream and turn youtube up way too high and my parents say I should be able to work through distractions but they go out of their way to be noisy when I'm revising etc so no I can't. The exam hall won't be noisy so why should the house get noisy just because I'm revising (it's quiet the rest of the time).
I'm also my parent's free babysitter while they are at work in the holidays and they become incapable of getting up to get a glass of water which means I am made to do it. It took me a week of full time doing my homework to get my 5 ish piece of homework done this Easter because of them which meant I am now behind on my revision for my mock tomorrow :frown:
Basically because my dad did his GCSEs by revising from May that means I'm not allowed to do any revision before then because they definitely haven't got more content or anything now
Reply 65
Original post by shawtyb

I'll be learning the languages from scratch since my school doesn't offer them.
:redface: Still, that shouldn't have stopped you from taking it in uni. A doctor who specializes in the study of cancer and tumors.
Reply 66
Original post by Lemur14
I have 2 younger siblings who drive me mental with their distractions. They shout and scream and turn youtube up way too high and my parents say I should be able to work through distractions but they go out of their way to be noisy when I'm revising etc so no I can't. The exam hall won't be noisy so why should the house get noisy just because I'm revising (it's quiet the rest of the time).
I'm also my parent's free babysitter while they are at work in the holidays and they become incapable of getting up to get a glass of water which means I am made to do it. It took me a week of full time doing my homework to get my 5 ish piece of homework done this Easter because of them which meant I am now behind on my revision for my mock tomorrow :frown:
Basically because my dad did his GCSEs by revising from May that means I'm not allowed to do any revision before then because they definitely haven't got more content or anything now

ah good old parents! :wink:
glad i left home at 15
Reply 67
Original post by maria.x
I'll be learning the languages from scratch since my school doesn't offer them.
:redface: Still, that shouldn't have stopped you from taking it in uni. A doctor who specializes in the study of cancer and tumors.

do they not?!?
mine offered 3!
i just gave up as everyone else was REALLY far ahead! :frown:
oh cool!
night time
Original post by shawtyb
how comes

<<<----- Procrastinator.
No idea, but as I am a morning person I would assume 6am - 12PM.
Original post by shawtyb
ew sod that!

wow! how do u function in the day?

Sod working at night when id rather get some sleep and not be sleep deprived the next day. :colonhash:
During my free's in the library
and then after 10pm
At night :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Emily.97
Sod working at night when id rather get some sleep and not be sleep deprived the next day. :colonhash:

touche

Original post by Ishea16
During my free's in the library
and then after 10pm

i do my degree online but the library in my town is crazy noisy!
Reply 75
Original post by mariam687
At night :smile:

i am literally RIGHT NOW!
Original post by shawtyb
i am literally RIGHT NOW!

same, im probs gnna be studying till 2AM ahaha
Between the hours of 10pm to 4am
I study best, when the Suns flares are golden and brimming on the edge of the universe.
Whilst the cool wind is blowing against my face, my skin feeling tender with a cool touch.
My imaginary girlfriend hugging me from behind placing a hot cocoa on the side of my desk where I study.
This is how I work best. :h:
Night time for sure. I feel I can't physically bring myself to study in the afternoon but i can work well enough in the morning if I'm motivated enough

Quick Reply

Latest