The Student Room Group

I need time dilation help please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
What sort of teacher enters a thread and then gives up when the going gets difficult by put forward questions?

You entered the thread to defend and teach present information to the student, I can only conclude that you giving up means you are beaten by the students questions and ideas and are at a loss for answers .
Reply 281
Original post by Implication

Spacetime doesn't have a 'value'.

What is an 'independent time'?

What do you mean?

You ask what do I mean by light propagating through space has 0 dimension, the singularity thing I mentioned is 0.
I have explained this several times earlier in the thread, And talking threads, consider a 0 diameter thread, that is light propagating through space until it hits something.
Original post by AlbertXY
...and are at a loss for answers .

I can only agree :cute:
Reply 283
Original post by Alexion
I can only agree :cute:

I have tried to answer my own questions, I can't answer them with any present explanation, so my only conclusion I can possibly have is that my thoughts must be true and accurate.
I have explained this several times earlier in the thread,
Maybe, but you are inventing your own terminology, which nobody else has encountered in their studies, so it is not making any sense.
light propagating through space has 0 dimension,
I suggest you look up the word 'propagating' then try to explain how this could possibly have "0 dimension".
the singularity thing I mentioned is 0.
Your command of language is very poor.
consider a 0 diameter thread, that is light propagating through space until it hits something.
You do know quantum mechanics forbids a particle occupying a space smaller than its wavelength?
Photons 'hit' things all the time, Have you studied the photoelectric effect? What is so different about your 'light'?
Reply 285
Original post by mphysical
Maybe, but you are inventing your own terminology, which nobody else has encountered in their studies, so it is not

The problem with trying to explain something new is that all the words are already in use, so it is hard to express something without bending definitions to try and get understanding. It is very hard and ambiguity is a problem.

A clear sentence is this,

Any measurement after 0 is instantaneous history, you clearly can read that and that clearly gives me premise for argument with the teacher.
Reply 286
I suggest you look up the word 'propagating' then try to explain how this could possibly have "0 dimension".

Propagating = travelling through

I will say passing through if it makes any difference.

Look up at the sky, between your eyes and the sky is 0 dimension of light, the clouds have dimensions , you can see the cloud and the dimension of light

pffff

try this

integ.jpg
You ask what do I mean by light propagating through space has 0 dimension, the singularity thing I mentioned is 0.
I have explained this several times earlier in the thread, And talking threads, consider a 0 diameter thread, that is light propagating through space until it hits something.

I'm going to back out of this conversation now. It clearly isn't going anywhere. I thought we were making progress yesterday with the train experiment, but then you admitted that you already 'knew' what the results of the experiment would be and didn't need to conduct it. This is a fundamentally unscientific. And, as you have already been informed repeatedly, all the experiments of that kind that have been performed completely confirm special relativity.

I am not a teacher, so please spare me any of the 'poor teachers blame their students' crap. I'm not getting paid, this isn't enjoyable anymore and it certainly isn't productive. There is no benefit in continuing.
Reply 288
I'm going to back out of this conversation now. It clearly isn't going anywhere. I thought we were making progress yesterday with the train experiment, but then you admitted that you already 'knew' what the results of the experiment would be and didn't need to conduct it. This is a fundamentally unscientific. And, as you have already been informed repeatedly, all the experiments of that kind that have been performed completely confirm special relativity.

I am not a teacher, so please spare me any of the 'poor teachers blame their students' crap. I'm not getting paid, this isn't enjoyable anymore and it certainly isn't productive. There is no benefit in continuing.

And that is what they all say when they give up, if you want to take it back to train experiment no problem. I know the results will show I am correct because I have sat and watched about 2 hours of trains passing trains and have a pause button to see they are the same length by using the stationary background reference frame, i'e the distance between lamp posts. That is why I am positive the outcome will be positive to what I said.
The train contracts relative to the reference frame, the reference frame also contracts the further the radius.
(edited 8 years ago)
And that is what they all say when they give up, if you want to take it back to train experiment no problem. I know the results will show I am correct because I have sat and watched about 2 hours of trains passing trains and have a pause button to see they are the same length. That is why I am positive the outcome will be positive to what I said.

Unfortunately, as previously demonstrated, the amount by which the trains contract is of order 1 in 100,000,000,000,000, which is not visible to the naked eye.
Reply 290
Unfortunately, as previously demonstrated, the amount by which the trains contract is of order 1 in 100,000,000,000,000, which is not visible to the naked eye.

especially since the trains are not travelling at anywhere near 90% of the speed of light.
Reply 291

Ok I see that as a valued point, however that would be related to thermodynamics and a volume contraction rather than a length contraction due to relative velocity.

And the problem i s like in such action has a break disc getting heated, things expand when hot not contract.

4.19 in this video, observe a length expansion of the left train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqAJXaoxYs
(edited 8 years ago)
Propagating = travelling through
I said to look up the meaning of 'Propagating' .Instead you have used your limited knowledge, hence you are incorrect.
Look up at the sky, between your eyes and the sky is 0 dimension of light,
0 dimension of light. people keep asking you to explain. Instead you give meaningless examples. How about some maths?
the clouds have dimensions , you can see the cloud and the dimension of light
I can see light being scattered by the clouds
Reply 293
Ok I see that as a valued point, however that would be related to thermodynamics and a volume contraction rather than a length contraction due to relative velocity.

And the problem i s like in such action has a break disc getting heated, things expand when hot not contract.

4.19 in this video, observe a length expansion of the left train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqAJXaoxYs

no visible expansion/contraction
Reply 294
I said to look up the meaning of 'Propagating' .Instead you have used your limited knowledge, hence you are incorrect.
0 dimension of light. people keep asking you to explain. Instead you give meaningless examples. How about some maths?
I can see light being scattered by the clouds

I swear definitions keep changing, I see your point thank you.

I will use passing through instead of propagation.
Reply 295

Maths ?

4/3 pi - 4/3 pi = 0

0=n

Because between two 0 point sources , n000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000n in any direction.
(edited 8 years ago)
4/3 pi - 4/3 pi = 0
0=n
Because between two 0 point sources , n000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000n in any direction.
If 0 = n then 4/3 pi - 4/3 pi = n so this n000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000n
is all n or all zeroes? What does that prove?
Reply 297
If 0 = n then 4/3 pi - 4/3 pi = n so this n000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000n
is all n or all zeroes? What does that prove?

It proves my model of the Universe and my singularity and singularity whole of light passing through space. Space values are 0 and space time only exists between A and B , two point sources.

L=A to B

d=A to N

0 and 1 are interwoven and 0 is equal to 1.

ok?
Reply 298
It proves my model of the Universe and my singularity and singularity whole of light passing through space. Space values are 0 and space time only exists between A and B , two point sources.

L=A to B

d=A to N

ok?

0 cannot be equal to 1

It defies all mathematics.
L=A to B
d=A to N
ok?
What is L?
What is A?
What is B?
What is d?
What is N?
What is n?
And how can "0 is equal to 1" be true in any universe.
Oh yes, what are Space values?

Quick Reply

Latest