The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

2016 hull applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YouKnowNothing14
I've applied to do geography and got offered an unconditional :biggrin: so I accepted it. Which geography are you doing exactly then?

Hi there, well done on your unconditional! I was offered an unconditional myself but only if I put it down as my firm choice, which I'm yet to decide. I've applied to do the BSc Geography course, what about you?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I honestly think you should go for it, I got accepted to Bristol,Exeter,UCL and Sheffield but decided to go for Hull because they don't treat you like a number haha do you get what I mean. But of course it's your choice :biggrin: i went for Bsc geography with study abroad btw
Original post by crumpethead
Has anyone else applied to study geography?

Yeah I got an unconditional but unsure about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cjfrankish
I have been offered a place for Adult Nursing, has anyone else? :smile:

Mee! I made it my firm choice a while back now and I can't wait! :smile:
Original post by YouKnowNothing14
I honestly think you should go for it, I got accepted to Bristol,Exeter,UCL and Sheffield but decided to go for Hull because they don't treat you like a number haha do you get what I mean. But of course it's your choice :biggrin: i went for Bsc geography with study abroad btw

Hi just seen this, ah sounds good almost the same course then, where can you go to to study abroad? Yeah I'm strongly considering firming Hull its mainly just whether or not I want to stay in my hometown but it does sound good. Yeah I know what you mean I went to York a few weeks back and it kind of seemed like that there, didn't feel right. I applied for Sheffield as well so its probably either Hull or there but haven't even looked round Sheffield yet haha so not sure.
I have an unconditional offer to study Accounting and Financial Management - probably not going to firm it but considering it as my insurance choice. I currently live very close to Hull so I thought I could give you all my perspective on the city, from someone who's been here for 17 years. The nightlife is pretty good, typically I go to Spiders (which is very cheap) or Welly - Sugar Mill is also a popular place to go but it is more chart/house music whereas Welly is more indie and Spiders is heavier music. The music scene is fantastic, lots of good local bands which typically play at Adelphi or Fruit - had some really good nights at these venues. Shopping is, to be frank, a bit sh*t - Princes Quay is the 'big' shopping centre but most of the shops (at least the good ones) all closed down a few years ago, there is also St. Stephens which is okay for shopping, but nothing special. Realistically, a good day out shopping involves going to Meadowhall in Sheffield or going to Leeds. I haven't been in the Lawns however I used to go past them everyday on my way to college, they're not actually in Hull, but instead are in Cottingham which is the largest village in the country, it sort of merges into Hull. They're further from the Uni than you might expect though, a good 20 minute walk along a main road - not particularly enjoyable. They're also very far from the city centre, and I would definitely advise getting a bus rather than walking. The city is also somewhat rough, all cities have good and bad places but the bad areas of hull are notoriously rough (Beverley Road). That being said, there's also lots of nice places and a lot of history in the city. My biggest gripe from having lived in Hull all my life is how nothing is near it. If you want a really good night out, you'll wanna go to Newcastle, if you want to do lots of shopping - you want to go to Sheffield etc.

I don't mean to talk ill of the city, there are lots of good qualities and you can certainly have (and will have) a great time. If anyone has questions about the city I'd be more than happy to answer them. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hodgeheg117
I have an unconditional offer to study Accounting and Financial Management - probably not going to firm it but considering it as my insurance choice. I currently live very close to Hull so I thought I could give you all my perspective on the city, from someone who's been here for 17 years. The nightlife is pretty good, typically I go to Spiders (which is very cheap) or Welly - Sugar Mill is also a popular place to go but it is more chart/house music whereas Welly is more indie and Spiders is heavier music. The music scene is fantastic, lots of good local bands which typically play at Adelphi or Fruit - had some really good nights at these venues. Shopping is, to be frank, a bit sh*t - Princes Quay is the 'big' shopping centre but most of the shops (at least the good ones) all closed down a few years ago, there is also St. Stephens which is okay for shopping, but nothing special. Realistically, a good day out shopping involves going to Meadowhall in Sheffield or going to Leeds. I haven't been in the Lawns however I used to go past them everyday on my way to college, they're not actually in Hull, but instead are in Cottingham which is the largest village in the country, it sort of merges into Hull. They're further from the Uni than you might expect though, a good 20 minute walk along a main road - not particularly enjoyable. They're also very far from the city centre, and I would definitely advise getting a bus rather than walking. The city is also somewhat rough, all cities have good and bad places but the bad areas of hull are notoriously rough (Beverley Road). That being said, there's also lots of nice places and a lot of history in the city. My biggest gripe from having lived in Hull all my life is how nothing is near it. If you want a really good night out, you'll wanna go to Newcastle, if you want to do lots of shopping - you want to go to Sheffield etc.

I don't mean to talk ill of the city, there are lots of good qualities and you can certainly have (and will have) a great time. If anyone has questions about the city I'd be more than happy to answer them. :smile:

Just wondering, what's the theatre scene like? I know of Hull Truck - is it a good reputation in Hull? Are there any musical theatre groups or any musicals that come to Hull? :smile:
Made Hull My Firm choice today 😄
Got an unconditional for computer science, still deciding whether to firm or insurance
Got an offer for History but with a foundation year (200 points) as predicted grades were rather low :/

If I get the 280 points then I don't have to do the foundation year and get accepted straight onto the 3 year Degree so either way I'm safe, definitely firming Hull only! :biggrin:
which other university's did you apply for?
Original post by Andy98
Got an unconditional for computer science, still deciding whether to firm or insurance
Original post by braiiny_
which other university's did you apply for?

Newcastle, Sheffield, Sunderland and Lincoln - Newcastle is the one I liked most out of those
Reply 152
I got an offer (although conditional!) from hull for Software Engineering. I also got one from Aberystwyth and I'm waiting for the other 3 universities!!
Hull is my firm (and only) choice after getting an unconditional offer for German :biggrin:
Firmed for studying Mental health nursing :smile:
Anyone got an offer for BPLS?
Reply 156
Conditional for Sport Rehabilitation! just recently achieved the conditions though!! XD
Hey everyone, I got an offer for BSc Biochemistry (3 Years)
Has anyone else got an offer for Biochemistry? :smile:
Reply 158
Original post by Alexandra3397
I have an unconditional offer for philosophy, I've looked at the new accommodation for 2016 and it looks so good! :smile:

Me too! I am so excited to do Philosophy :smile:
Reply 159
I originally got an offer of BBC for Philosophy at Hull but I went to an open day and spoke to the lecturer for a long period of time about my love for philosophy and when I got home, I saw my offer had been changed to unconditional. :smile: I hopefully will be going to the Lawns, fingers crossed I get into it!

Quick Reply

Latest