The Student Room Group

Is it time to ban pork in school canteens

Poll

Should we schools introduce a ban on pork

There are often days in may canteen where there is nothing too eat but a pork based dish or a salad which essentially allows the Muslim students to starve. This is ridiculous and bordering on islamophobic. Even when there are non pork dishes available it seems to be very divisive and there are many incidents where students throw bacon at the muslim students which seems like a hate crime to me. I smack anyone who does this in the face but unfortunately this doesn't get to the root of the problem. We need to ban pork in school canteens in order to help interrogation across the whole country. If Brits want pork they can eat it at home.

Scroll to see replies

You do see the problem with this right? A better to solve this would be to make sure there are non pork meals available everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes ban pork and cripple the pork industry, great idea.
Reply 3
Original post by intelligent con
There are often days in may canteen where there is nothing too eat but a pork based dish or a salad which essentially allows the Muslim students to starve. This is ridiculous and bordering on islamophobic. Even when there are non pork dishes available it seems to be very divisive and there are many incidents where students throw bacon at the muslim students which seems like a hate crime to me. I smack anyone who does this in the face but unfortunately this doesn't get to the root of the problem. We need to ban pork in school canteens in order to help interrogation across the whole country. If Brits want pork they can eat it at home.

Once you try bacon you won't go back, I promise thee.
Reply 4
Why don't we just make more non-pork options available and then everyone wins?

Pork or salad, eh? So ban pork and everyone can only eat salad? I think you've missed the key point here. It's not about the pork. It's about the lack of choice. Why should non-muslims suffer just because a few muslims in their society don't eat pork? Why not just add more choice?
No, if anything it would fuel muslimophobia.
Reply 7
Some Muslims won't have beef or chicken either because it's not prepared in a halal manner. :dontknow:

No, there should be pork option, halal option, Kosher option and Vegetarian option.

Many schools have vegetarian option which is beyond pathetic and the food is just total... I'll stop there. It gets to the point where students hate eating school meals and only want packed lunch. They should invest in the food they give the children and that will obviously also help tackle obesity (as long as healthy food is served).

That's my view for primary schools. Banning pork won't solve any problem, it will do more harm than good.
What is stopping Muslims from taking their own food in?
I believe OP has the right idea but think its time to fully integrate our cultures one step further and truly stomp out this British superiority islamophobic culture which causes terrorism.

Lunch should be 90 minutes, remove a lesson from the day like maths or science. The first 60 minutes will comprise of a new lesson Dhabihah where students in classes of 50-100 undertake the ritual religious slaughter of that days lunch. Of course only Muslim students will be able to undertake the practical sides of the lesson to keep the dinner halal (Kaffars make slaughter non halal which is highely islamophobic :frown: )

I think this is the best and most inclusive way forward
(edited 8 years ago)

**** off!

Accommodate non muslims in their countries then we'll do the same

50 + Islamic Countries allow Alcohol & Pork and erection of religious buildings. Gurdwaras, Synagogues, Churches, Mandirs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't like what is being served, bring your own bloody food? You have control over what you eat, and anything you put in your mouth is your choice, so choose to do whatever you want to do, as long as it doesn't affect the ability of others to choose what they want to do. Simple.
I can't decide if the OP is a troll or is satirising our supine culture, because it cannot be possible for someone to consistently post such drivel and actually believe in it.
Other people have religious requirements too?
Original post by tengentoppa
I can't decide if the OP is a troll or is satirising our supine culture, because it cannot be possible for someone to consistently post such drivel and actually believe in it.

He's baiting people, read his bio

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm Hindu but I don't go around saying "beef should be banned from all canteens". Just because a certain group of people don't eat a certain type of meat/whatever doesn't mean we have the right to prohibit everybody else from eating it. Keep your religion to yourself lol.
Also OP, if you want non-pork dishes, "you can eat them at home"
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Some Muslims won't have beef or chicken either because it's not prepared in a halal manner. :dontknow:

I was once told it's okay to eat food that isn't halal if there is no alternative

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Ban Muslims before we ban pork......
Yeah, why don't we deprive everybody because a minority can't eat a certain food. That's fair.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending