The Student Room Group

Have you ever considered cheating in your upcoming A-Level Exams?

Poll

Have you ever considered cheating on your A-Level exams?

Scroll to see replies

Cheating?
How?
Cheating in exams isn't worth the risk

But with coursework I don't know if it is considered cheating, but more plagiarising, I normally read past examples and change some of the words around and emulate the structure, while interposing my own unique arguments in it somewhere

I think near-enough everyone does that anyway
Reply 3
Original post by GiggityGoo01

I am doing my GCSE's and under no circumstances would I ever consider cheating as an option, because the end result potentially could be disqualification from all my exams which I don't want. Revision for me is the best option rather than looking at such alternatives.
Reply 4
Never. The risk is too much and what is the point of even going through a year of education just to pass an exam because you cheated - it doesn't demonstrate any ability or knowledge, and will remain as a 'fraud result' in your mind for the rest of your life.
If you could..would you?
Reply 6
No I wouldn't because when it comes down to it, I chose the A Levels I want to do and I want to be able to show the examiner what I know and ace the exam without the need to cheat.
Plus the guilt would always be on my mind.
I do all essay subjects, so it's not like I can really cheat for it, unless I bring an entire textbook with notes to read from. I've never considered it, because it's not worth the effort or risk.
Original post by GiggityGoo01

Good question! I'm going to put a poll on this, then we can add it to the front page if that's okay :h: :yy:
Reply 9
Nah, I've never considered it seriously. Gotta work for those grades legit :cute:
Reply 10
Depends what you mean by cheating. Sneaking a glance over at someone else's answer to a maths question has crossed my mind.
No, I've never thought it possible.
Cheating is for noobs
Reply 13
Original post by Student403
Cheating is for noobs

I really do wonder how it's possible to cheat in maths/physics exams. :colondollar:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
I really do wonder how it's possible to cheat in maths/physics exams. :colondollar:

It's rather silly >.<
Original post by aymanzayedmannan

We had pretty powerful calculators in college, I recall people keeping fairly significant data and certain graphs in manual stored variables.
I only used the calculator's powers for good. Downloaded Pac-Man onto it :u:
Reply 17
Never ever. Cheating is for the weak!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all, because I think it's way too risky. (As well as immoral, but it feels like a waste of time to even plan out a cheating method as it is so dangerous anyway.)

Or, perhaps it isn't, and I have been successfully brainwashed by examiner propaganda. :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I only used the calculator's powers for good. Downloaded Pac-Man onto it :u:

Oops, I forget that you can download loads of apps on graphicals. My friend was showing me these apps that can do symbolic stuff (which is banned)! You could also basically write your own app to recall a lot of data.

Quick Reply