The Student Room Group

GCSE revision time per science topic...

Hello,I'm a current y10 GCSE student and I would like to study medicine at Cambridge later on....
I know that y11 are currently revising and I was wondering when are the mocks for GCSE normally?
Also j was thinking of starting Rev. Myself at the end of y10 so how long does it take you guys to revise a science topic FULLY like c1/b2/p3....
I think it will take be 20 hours as even though I know it,I can't not make in depth notes or I'll feel like I'm missing stuff?
Thanks.
Original post by VNN
Hello,I'm a current y10 GCSE student and I would like to study medicine at Cambridge later on....
I know that y11 are currently revising and I was wondering when are the mocks for GCSE normally?
Also j was thinking of starting Rev. Myself at the end of y10 so how long does it take you guys to revise a science topic FULLY like c1/b2/p3....
I think it will take be 20 hours as even though I know it,I can't not make in depth notes or I'll feel like I'm missing stuff?
Thanks.

People learn at a different pace, but we had mocks like in May for science and then other subjects later on in the year. You will need Biology, Chemistry and Maths a level for Cambridge the want maths
Original post by zXcodeXz
People learn at a different pace, but we had mocks like in May for science and then other subjects later on in the year. You will need Biology, Chemistry and Maths a level for Cambridge the want maths

May in y10?
Original post by VNN
Thanks.

For us we had school mocks for everything in April of year 10 but it wasn't much to do with GCSE. Then in year 11 we had mocks in December which were for the real thing as the predicted grades went on your college forms, and then some more mocks in January. We then also had another lot this february but only for Maths, English and sciences. For me revising, I don't do it by topics I do it by sections I don't understand, so say I don't likespecific latent heat - I will just go and revise that and have a checklist to mark off what I have already looked at and note which I feel I need to revisit again. It is different for each person how long it take, as it can take me 10-15 minutes to condense a page of the revision guide into notes :smile:

I hope this helps but if there is anything else let me know :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
For us we had school mocks for everything in April of year 10 but it wasn't much to do with GCSE. Then in year 11 we had mocks in December which were for the real thing as the predicted grades went on your college forms, and then some more mocks in January. We then also had another lot this february but only for Maths, English and sciences. For me revising, I don't do it by topics I do it by sections I don't understand, so say I don't likespecific v heat - I will just go and revise that and have a checklist to mark off what I have already looked at and note which I feel I need to revisit again. It is different for each person how long it take, as it can take me 10-15 minutes to condense a page of the revision guide into notes :smile:

I hope this helps but if there is anything else let me know :smile:

Thanks!
So you said ten predicted grade for GCSE went for your uni application?
My predicted grade or target grades are A* for sciences for example but I heard that GCSE predicted grades don't go towards uni and it's only a levels predicted grades as you will have your actual GCSE grades by university?
Thanks.
Original post by VNN
Thanks!
So you said ten predicted grade for GCSE went for your uni application?
My predicted grade or target grades are A* for sciences for example but I heard that GCSE predicted grades don't go towards uni and it's only a levels predicted grades as you will have your actual GCSE grades by university?
Thanks.

No predicted grades from the mocks went on college forms not uni forms - sorry if I said that wrong :smile:
Well done on your predicted grades :biggrin:
Original post by VNN
May in y10?

Yeah because our current year10 are taking their real core science exam
Original post by zXcodeXz
Yeah because our current year10 are taking their real core science exam

Already,How?
I go to a grammar school and we are only taking the exams in y11.
Thanks.
Original post by VNN
Already,How?
I go to a grammar school and we are only taking the exams in y11.
Thanks.

Some schools let them take it earlier to ease the exam load

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending