The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
If my love for someone was based on my love for their un-tattooed body then there's something wrong with me.

You might have been a perfectly functioning male who likes sex and is repulsed by disgusting things.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
You might have been a perfectly functioning male who likes sex and is repulsed by disgusting things.

Nah, tattoos are awesome :awesome:
Original post by Alexion
If my love for someone was based on my love for their un-tattooed body then there's something wrong with me.

Oh i see. I assume you fall in love with any person regardless of their gender or appearance then?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Oh i see. I assume you fall in love with any person regardless of their gender or appearance then?

I've only fallen in love once :lol: their appearance attracted me to them, yeah, but that's not what made me fall in love with them.

Gender doesn't matter, and someone choosing to change their appearance definitely wouldn't make me stop loving them.

Oh, and for the record, tattoos are awesome.
Original post by Alexion
I've only fallen in love once :lol: their appearance attracted me to them, yeah, but that's not what made me fall in love with them.

Gender doesn't matter, and someone choosing to change their appearance definitely wouldn't make me stop loving them.

Oh, and for the record, tattoos are awesome.

Quite a coincidence that you were attracted to the appearance of the person you fell in love with. (Has that ever happened before?)

Right so appearance doesn't matter at all to how much you love someone (U do understand we are talking romantic love, not sibling/family love?)

You think tattoos are awesome, many people think they are hideous.
Reply 45
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I don't think it's controlling, you have a right to be sexually / romantically attracted to the person you are with, if they alter their body in any shape or form that significantly changes that then you should be able to go elsewhere. Is it ok if I get fat? Get a dick piercing? Throw out my suit and wear some horrible leggings?

A lot of people in relationships are selfish, they think they can do whatever they want, no, no you can't, the point of a relationship is that you now have to take into account two people.

If you can't agree on those things find someone else.

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better.
Original post by Goaded
tell him to go **** himself and get one anyway

Why should he **** himself?

I think he has the right to voice his opinion. It's not like he can physically force her not to get a tattoo.
It's your decision, not his :smile:
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Misogynistic to not be attracted to girls with tattoos. Incredible stuff

OP's boyfriend has NINE tattoos. It's not like he doesn't agree with tattoos at all (even then he'd be controlling for telling her not to get one), he clearly likes the look of tattoos. He's got different standards about the amount of choice men and women can have over their bodies and he wants to stop his girlfriend making the same decision he has made NINE TIMES. That's pretty ****ing controlling and misogynistic.

By saying he wouldn't be attracted to her if she made a decision to get a tattoo (which I'm presuming is going to be related to her personality in some way) he is saying that it's more important that she continue to fulfil his personal views on what makes women physically attractive than to ACTUALLY HAVE A PERSONALITY.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's not his body, it's yours.
I have many tattoos and in a happy relationship with a family.
It's bit his decision
Tattoos are for idiots.
Original post by Xenon17
Thats so misogynistic nothing like that should comment peoples sexual activity but the world doesn't' work like that. By their inherent nature tattoos are seen as trashy

Again, no they're not. Some people see them as works of living art. Your body is your temple so why not place art on it to adhorn it and celebrate your body.
Original post by Xenon17
To only thing it will adhorn is horny young teenagers. I from personal experience have been led to believe alot of males think a person with a tattoo is a slut if female and has connotations of gang and street violence for males.

I know people who are veterans in the army, male and female, who have tattoos put on to signify the hardships the have faced and every tattoo has a memory associated. I know people who've got tattoo of their loved ones, their children, even of their gran who passed. Does that say slut to you? I'm sorry but tattoos are for some people a ritual to remember something or someone that's worth remembering. What about tribes in third world countries who have their clan patterns tattooed on their bodies? Scottish clans having their crest tattooed on them too. Out of any one of those things which says slut to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xenon17
yes but OP is not getting a tattoo for any sentimental reason and I don't know why you're using second person when I've been referring to other people as in society.

Spoiler

Oh dear... you do realise that we are both members of society therefore I would have to agree with you and everyone would have to agree with you for society to think it's slutty for a woman to have a tattoo, and I clearly don't think that. And clearly the general consensus on this forum is to the OP to get the tattoo if she wants to. So a fair portion of society is saying its OK and there are no connotations attached then how on earth did you get your opinion to become "societal opinion"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmallTownGirl
OP's boyfriend has NINE tattoos. It's not like he doesn't agree with tattoos at all (even then he'd be controlling for telling her not to get one), he clearly likes the look of tattoos. He's got different standards about the amount of choice men and women can have over their bodies and he wants to stop his girlfriend making the same decision he has made NINE TIMES. That's pretty ****ing controlling and misogynistic.

By saying he wouldn't be attracted to her if she made a decision to get a tattoo (which I'm presuming is going to be related to her personality in some way) he is saying that it's more important that she continue to fulfil his personal views on what makes women physically attractive than to ACTUALLY HAVE A PERSONALITY.
Just a small town girl...
Reply 55
I think you should have it depends how big and where

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending