The Student Room Group

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Totally agree which is one of the reasons it's so disturbing

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is so disturbing ?

I do not make fun of how whites talk or dress or look.
I do not make fun of the food they eat or the names they give their children.
I do not hold up their poorest and most criminal elements as “what white people are like”.
I do not excuse violence against them saying that whites kill each other all the time.
I do not call them racial slurs or compare them to animals.
I do not call for their genocide or ethnic cleansing.
I do not say black people are smarter than white people.

Al the above things are done by whites

Also I have been banned about 70 or 80 times on here. But I come back.

Hell - this is post on here called " Are you looking forward to a WHITE MINORITY Britain? " which is being allowed to fly. Now as silly as that is - I don't mind the mods letting it fly

There is another post called "Positive discrimination' - good or bad?" another silly post. Like it even exists

There is another post "Why are most Pakistani and Bangladeshi women so lazy?"
Original post by Dandaman1
If this 'Prince_Paul_246' guy was white and saying these things about black people, he'd probably be banned from TSR faster than you could say "racist hypocrite."

What have I said that is not true ?
Anyone who said no clearly lacks a basic understanding of what racism is...
Reply 403
I give up on TSR
Original post by IAmNero
Ni.gger. I'm not afraid to use it. After all it's 'just a word'.

Did you manage to get thesaurus out to find that word? Well done.

Who is this tw@t appropriating the face of the great Milo Yiannopoulos?

It's beyond common courtesy to not use the n-word. It should be used in no situation as it's to denigrating to too many people, being used as a derogatory term in the slavery-era. Please, be a half-decent person, or at least change your profile picture. (Milo would no it isn't his place to say such a word and wouldn't approve of discrimination against black men)
(edited 7 years ago)
Following the basic definition of racism, any discrimination against another based on race is racism, so on those grounds, yes.

Does racism toward a white person hold the same connotations as and should it be equated to racism toward ethnic minorities? In my opinion, no.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IAmNero
I was in a debate in an A level history class, and a student claimed that you could not be racist to a white person because white people have not experienced systemic opression.

Oh, that kind of crazy. I feel for you.
Reply 407
Original post by NoTreason
Who is this tw@t appropriating the face of the great Milo Yiannopoulos?

It's beyond common courtesy to not use the n-word. It should be used in no situation as it's to denigrating to too many people, being used as a derogatory term in the slavery-era. Please, be a half-decent person, or at least change your profile picture. (Milo would no it isn't his place to say such a word and wouldn't approve of discrimination against black men)

Common courtesy? But it's acceptable for those of such races to use the phrase themselves? Thus your implication is that those of African-(insert race here) descent are not able to use common courtesy.

Re-read what you read and you will realize that you misunderstood the context in which I used it.
Reply 408
Original post by Mactotaur
Oh, that kind of crazy. I feel for you.

You're telling me. Someone also said my Masters was not representative of my understanding of life. I suppose A level history is :rofl:
Original post by fairy_a
Well. Until racism is no longer institutionalised and white people only are no longer in positions of both power and privilege over POC then we can consider that white people can be victims of racism. Oh but wait, that isn't happening anytime soon now is it.

I'm sorry, but this is just nonsense. Once again, look up the definition of racism to prove that you most certainly can be racist towards white people. And this isn't even considering the white people who live in dark-skinned majority countries.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm sorry, but this is just nonsense. Once again, look up the definition of racism to prove that you most certainly can be racist towards white people. And this isn't even considering the white people who live in dark-skinned majority countries.

Do you know the usual response to that? "White people wrote the dictionaries". Just expect that one.
Good to see 79.17% (as of my voting) of people have still retained their sense.

Racism is prejudice or different treatment based on race, though I'd argue only manifestly. Even if someone secretly doesnt like a race thats their prerogative provided they treat people of that race completely equally. I wouldnt wish for a second to literally police their thoughts.

As for the SJW blah blah systemic oppression BS that is a narrative parroted by morons to justify being racist, bigoted, discriminatory cretins.
Original post by IAmNero
As far as I'm concerned, you can be racist to anyone!

Everyone has a race, if you can offend or discriminate, you can be racist to them.

21% are currently mongholes
Of course you can, racism is any race. I understand that some believe that it in't possible to be racist towards White people, because people believe that we haven't had the same oppression. There are many periods in time when white slavery happened, nobody speaks of this. There is also positive discrimination, where white people in some cases are now less likely to get a job over someone of a different race.
Racism can happen towards any race.

Quick Reply

Latest