The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Uni 2016/17 postgraduate accommodation

I am studying Secondary Geography PGCE at Leicester Uni next year, and I am looking for people to share accommodation with. I am just finishing my undergraduate at Leicester, and therefore know the city very well and can look round any houses!
Give me a shout if you are interested!

Tom

Scroll to see replies

Hi Tom!
I'm studying Social sciences PGCE at University of leicester and I'm getting it a right flap about accommodation
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by AbbyS1994
Hi Tom!
I'm studying Social sciences PGCE at University of leicester and I'm getting it a right flap about accommodation

Hey!
Where are you studying at the moment? Glad i'm not the only one! It all feels very last minute, that's why I wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat
Original post by GeogTom123
Hey!
Where are you studying at the moment? Glad i'm not the only one! It all feels very last minute, that's why I wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat

I Graduated last year, from University of Hull. I volunteered for three months in Ghana until December. So I am very, very last minute.
Where have you been looking at for accommodation?
Reply 4
I Graduated last year, from University of Hull. I volunteered for three months in Ghana until December. So I am very, very last minute.
Where have you been looking at for accommodation?

Wow that sounds cool!
I have had a look on a few websites and there are lots of houses/flats still available! The best location in Leicester would be Clarendon Park I think, which is near to where I am living now. Hard to look though when I don't know how many bedrooms I will need!
Wow that sounds cool!
I have had a look on a few websites and there are lots of houses/flats still available! The best location in Leicester would be Clarendon Park I think, which is near to where I am living now. Hard to look though when I don't know how many bedrooms I will need!

Yeah that's understandable, is it only you so far?
Reply 6
hi! I'll be a postgrad as well studying clinical criminology. Being an international student, I have no idea where to even start looking for accommodation haha. Are you just looking at houses?
Reply 7
Yeah that's understandable, is it only you so far?

Yes just me at the moment, everyone I know here is moving on so I have been left all alone!
Reply 8
Original post by tea11b
hi! I'll be a postgrad as well studying clinical criminology. Being an international student, I have no idea where to even start looking for accommodation haha. Are you just looking at houses?

Wow yes I bet that is a bit scary! where are you coming from? I am looking at houses yeah, would much prefer that to university halls as they will be full of first years haha!
Reply 9
Wow yes I bet that is a bit scary! where are you coming from? I am looking at houses yeah, would much prefer that to university halls as they will be full of first years haha!

I'm from the US :smile: yeah I was definitely trying to avoid the university halls. have you looked/heard anything about any of the places through sulets or cityblock?
Reply 10
Original post by tea11b
I'm from the US :smile: yeah I was definitely trying to avoid the university halls. have you looked/heard anything about any of the places through sulets or cityblock?

Sulets is good, there are still loads of houses on there, most of which are 3/4 bedrooms in the Clarendon Park area :smile:
You should try CODE and UNITE as well. I think they're quite common for masters students and some undergraduates. I suppose that they're 'hallsy' but less noisy than actual student halls because it's mostly 3rd years and postgrads.
Reply 12
Original post by tea11b

Hey!, I'm an international also. Let me know if you guys have any advice on accommodation! A bit lost ! :smile:
Reply 13
I've been looking at Regents Court, which is run by Sulets, and it looks pretty good. It is a bit 'hallsy' but the majority are 3rd years/postgrads and it is only £89 per week all inclusive.

Here is a link :smile: https://www.sulets.com/halls-of-residence/regents-court/
Reply 14
I've been looking at Regents Court, which is run by Sulets, and it looks pretty good. It is a bit 'hallsy' but the majority are 3rd years/postgrads and it is only £89 per week all inclusive.

Here is a link :smile: https://www.sulets.com/halls-of-residence/regents-court/

I liked regents court as well, especially the cost haha. have you had the chance to see it in person?
Reply 15
Original post by tea11b
I liked regents court as well, especially the cost haha. have you had the chance to see it in person?

Not yet, was going to view it next week hopefully! I will let you know what it's like, I emailed them and they said there are plenty of rooms left in the 6 bed flats :smile:
Reply 16
Not yet, was going to view it next week hopefully! I will let you know what it's like, I emailed them and they said there are plenty of rooms left in the 6 bed flats :smile:

awesome! thank you so much :h:
Reply 17
Original post by eire94
Hey!, I'm an international also. Let me know if you guys have any advice on accommodation! A bit lost ! :smile:

still figuring all that out haha but I will keep you updated!
Reply 18
Original post by tea11b
still figuring all that out haha but I will keep you updated!

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. I was talking to Sulets, Regents Court. They reckon go with the 4 bedroom, much more spacious and bright than the 5/6 bed. For an extra 6 pound per week it may be worth it !
Reply 19
Original post by tea11b

I too am an international student in the MSc Clinical Crim program and I am looking for accommodations off campus, away from the noise and not shared.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending