The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Just message and ask him out already ! It is clear that he likes you why else would he invest time in you ... By what you are saying I think he genuinely likes you .. What would you generally rate yourself (personality & looks) and what would you rate him ?

well yes i guess thats true! :smile: okay good good!! him deffo a 10/10, not just saying that, hes probably one of the best looking guys in my year, very popular... me however,,, well i dont have much confidence so id say about 7/8 for me, im average

one day he was working at another table but had his body turned towards me/was facing me instead of sitting with his legs under the table but then he put his textbook on his crotch area instead of on the table?? do you think there was a reason for this?
well yes i guess thats true! :smile: okay good good!! him deffo a 10/10, not just saying that, hes probably one of the best looking guys in my year, very popular... me however,,, well i dont have much confidence so id say about 7/8 for me, im average

one day he was working at another table but had his body turned towards me/was facing me instead of sitting with his legs under the table but then he put his textbook on his crotch area instead of on the table?? do you think there was a reason for this?

Does he get attention from other girls and do other girls talk about him? Or does he show interest ?

I think him doing that means he wants to look at you and catch your attention because why else would he be doing that , his intentions are to get your attention and maybe him putting his textbook on his crotch area might mean something like he want you or something it can be a metaphor for that.. I think get friends to talk to him and bring up you and see how he reacts and they could say something that will like maybe confess something..

My friend was in a smilar situation to this and it all worked out very good and in her favour because I helped her? Maybe you can just message me and I can give you in detail what you should do and how you should act if that helps?

:smile:
Original post by Trussblink
You have to remember he has a life outside of you-
Something else was obviously effecting him-
Guys can be just as sensitive to things; how about, god forbid, asking him what was wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah thats true, it kinda seemed personal to me though :frown: i probably should, but now he seems okay with me?

yeah thats true, it kinda seemed personal to me though :frown: i probably should, but now he seems okay with me?

I told you the reason for this ^^^
Original post by melanies321
Does he get attention from other girls and do other girls talk about him? Or does he show interest ?

I think him doing that means he wants to look at you and catch your attention because why else would he be doing that , his intentions are to get your attention and maybe him putting his textbook on his crotch area might mean something like he want you or something it can be a metaphor for that.. I think get friends to talk to him and bring up you and see how he reacts and they could say something that will like maybe confess something..

My friend was in a smilar situation to this and it all worked out very good and in her favour because I helped her? Maybe you can just message me and I can give you in detail what you should do and how you should act if that helps?

:smile:

yes lots, other girls think he is so good looking, so the other girl in my class always tries to flirt with him, but he doesn't flirt back. He has had two ex girlfriends and doesn't show interest in one, but hes still good friends with the other one, but she always has a new guy anyway, they're just friends still. Yeah :wink: good idea! hope he does... my friend said i should message him and say something but i'm scared of how awkward it will be in class if he says no..
i don't want to come off anoymous sorry!! i would really really appreciate it!! but please could you tell me on a comment or via anonymous comment, thanks :smile:
Original post by melanies321
I told you the reason for this ^^^

i know sorry, i posted that before i saw your answer!! :smile:

i don't want to come off anoymous sorry!! i would really really appreciate it!! but please could you tell me on a comment or via anonymous comment, thanks :smile:

If you message on private message to the person who asked you too it will be kind of annoymous from here and be between you both which could be easier for you to want to know in depth answers...

instead of giving long answers on here i guess... I think the person giving you adive will find it easier on private message lol and i doubt they will know who you are?
There's this guy who has shown me strange signs for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. But he kept staring at me in class, gave me several car lifts, he tried to sit next to me whenever possible, staring at me during every class, and lingering around in the room to walk out with just me down the corridor. And then one day I thought he had doodled his name on my folder but I'm still unsure about that. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. One day he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose.

Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason. He then wrote on some paper one day "what's going on??" ( not to me personally he just wrote it)

But recently he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but "just wanted to double check with me.." He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question. I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? I thought we had something and then I gave up, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he still likes me..Anyone suggest anything??

If you don't mind me asking, what are you? like are you white, asian, black??
Thank you! helped a lot! do you personally think he likes me from what ive described? do you think i should try flirt with him and see if anythign happens?

You need to examine yourself first if you like him. If it's a yes, then, show some motives that you like him but not necessarily flirting with him. Just be yourself and don't change anything because if he really like you, probably he likes what and who you are before you'll confess something to him.
Original post by lostandfound86
You need to examine yourself first if you like him. If it's a yes, then, show some motives that you like him but not necessarily flirting with him. Just be yourself and don't change anything because if he really like you, probably he likes what and who you are before you'll confess something to him.

It is a yes.. I keep complementing Him and asking him about his life to show I'm interested in him
But UPDATE HELP? He always tries to sit with me but then he never really initiates the convo, maybe he's shy? Like today he chose to sit with me instead of his two best friends, and there were about 26 other seats he could have sat at, he also kept looking at me whilst he was working... ?
But UPDATE HELP? He always tries to sit with me but then he never really initiates the convo, maybe he's shy? Like today he chose to sit with me instead of his two best friends, and there were about 26 other seats he could have sat at, he also kept looking at me whilst he was working... ?

Did anything happen In school today?
I think he wants to get to know you.. Or want to prove something to his friends if he knew they were there but didn't go. Just try be flirtatious and see how he responds and talk to him and maybe like ask him along the lines of who would you go out with if you could or something like that ?
I kinda get the feeling that from recent comments people think he likes me? :smile: do you think I should try sit with him more, or like maybe ask him for a car lift one day, rather than wait to be offered for one? I've never been in his car with just me and him, his friends have always been there so would be good to talk alone. I thought about asking him to like hang out in town or go and get a coffee, but I'm scared he'll say no..

Thanks so much for your advice, it's been so helpful :smile: I just really really like him! We've got our prom soon, and nobody really asks each other to go, but Hopefully he might talk to me more then!

I think most people think he likes you yes, it sounds promising to me :smile: Asking him for a lift might be a good way to initiate a bit more contact etc yes, if you get your moment right! It's hard to say without knowing him or you, I think he is giving you promising signs though and that you should just find little ways to chat to him a bit more etc, maybe subtly show that you are interested with little things like touching his arm when the right moment comes along in conversation, so then that way you're still protecting your dignity as it were but are changing the dynamic a little bit to give him a bit more of a signal :smile:

As someone who has been in a similar situation and seriously regrets being so shy about it, I recommend you do something now and don't spend more time dwelling on it - even if it's just a small step, try and do something tomorrow - maybe ask for that lift :smile: good luck, do keep me updated with how you are getting on!
Did anything happen In school today?
I think he wants to get to know you.. Or want to prove something to his friends if he knew they were there but didn't go. Just try be flirtatious and see how he responds and talk to him and maybe like ask him along the lines of who would you go out with if you could or something like that ?

Yeah that ^^ sat with me ( a few seats away from me but near me) instead of his best friends, even though he knew they were there, and his friends kept looking at me.. He kept looking over at me whilst working and when i looked at me he'd look away, to avoid being caught..

His computer broke so he had to move onto another one, there were like 30 others, and he chose the one next to me.

I really like him :/ :frown:
Original post by LittleRed
I think most people think he likes you yes, it sounds promising to me :smile: Asking him for a lift might be a good way to initiate a bit more contact etc yes, if you get your moment right! It's hard to say without knowing him or you, I think he is giving you promising signs though and that you should just find little ways to chat to him a bit more etc, maybe subtly show that you are interested with little things like touching his arm when the right moment comes along in conversation, so then that way you're still protecting your dignity as it were but are changing the dynamic a little bit to give him a bit more of a signal :smile:

As someone who has been in a similar situation and seriously regrets being so shy about it, I recommend you do something now and don't spend more time dwelling on it - even if it's just a small step, try and do something tomorrow - maybe ask for that lift :smile: good luck, do keep me updated with how you are getting on!

Thanks so much for your advice!!! will do :smile:
Yeah that ^^ sat with me ( a few seats away from me but near me) instead of his best friends, even though he knew they were there, and his friends kept looking at me.. He kept looking over at me whilst working and when i looked at me he'd look away, to avoid being caught..

His computer broke so he had to move onto another one, there were like 30 others, and he chose the one next to me.

I really like him :/ :frown:

I think you should just get to know him and talk to him a little more and just seem your interested and then he will not be shy around you, and just build up like a friendship atleast first then if you don't want to be rejected just ask a friend to ask him how he feels or like ask questions along the lines but not giving yourself away..
I think you should just get to know him and talk to him a little more and just seem your interested and then he will not be shy around you, and just build up like a friendship atleast first then if you don't want to be rejected just ask a friend to ask him how he feels or like ask questions along the lines but not giving yourself away..

The thing is I'm really really interested but I feel like I try and initiative conversation sometimes but then he doesn't bother to initiative conversation so I worry incase he's not interested :frown: today I gave him a sheet of work and we both like touched hands and he was like gazing into my eyes... I won't see him for two days now and I don't know I just want things to move faster but I'm worried incase it's just me who wants that ..
Should say initiate not initiative haha
The thing is I'm really really interested but I feel like I try and initiative conversation sometimes but then he doesn't bother to initiative conversation so I worry incase he's not interested :frown: today I gave him a sheet of work and we both like touched hands and he was like gazing into my eyes... I won't see him for two days now and I don't know I just want things to move faster but I'm worried incase it's just me who wants that ..

Hmmmm, why do you think he never initiated conversation there must be a reason behind it? The gazing in the eyes is a typical romantic scene lmao!! Seems like he is interested but wants to see if you are interested as well , which is why he is kind of being reserved if you know what I mean ... Did anything else happen today?
Hmmmm, why do you think he never initiated conversation there must be a reason behind it? The gazing in the eyes is a typical romantic scene lmao!! Seems like he is interested but wants to see if you are interested as well , which is why he is kind of being reserved if you know what I mean ... Did anything else happen today?

I'm not sure I think maybe he's shy? I'm so interested him but not shown as many signs as I could as when I'm around him I get so nervous cause I like him so much!! Well he came late to school and he usually sits near me in a particular classroom but his friend came sooner so stole his seat, and he looked a bit annoyed when he came in.. But then he kept stretching his legs and feet out towards me. But later I gave hi that sheet ^^ and we like touched hands and gazed lol, but then he told me he was going home to do work, but then I saw him still in school working elsewhere so I dont know why he didn't work in the classroom with me and 2 other boys from our class. Maybe he wanted to get more work done? I changed my picture on social media today and I really hope he likes it, as I keep liking his...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending