The Student Room Group

Can we have a ban on muslim threads?

Scroll to see replies

How are they foreigners, they could be born here. No ones telling us to change our traditions or culture mate, they're not asking us to convert to muslim.

That was a plain racist comment and really supports the point im trying to make.
Never said muslims are a race

dont even know what that means but its irrelevant

If you're born here and have a british passport, you're british. That's how it is. Besides, no one here has spoken about trashing the british culture or anything so you cant just assume anything. They're not a threat to our culture, thats mulitculturalism for you.

OP asked for a ban on TSR, not in the whole of Britain so stop exaggerating. What's worse is religious hatred and we got to balance the lesser of two evils (no reference to the bible)
No, that would just be an attempt to shut down free speech and smother valid criticism of an ideology.
Original post by muslimstanisyed
You know for like a week or something.
I actually think it will be better for the forum and allow us to talk about and debate about more than muslims.
Muslims threads tends to consist of ignorant trolls that all they want to do is argue and create an argument out of pretty much nothing.Then muslims feeding the ignorant trolls.
Whos with me

I feel like we need some kind of Muslim and Islam FAQ on TSR should anyone want to start one.
Reply 65
Original post by Captain Jack
I feel like we need some kind of Muslim and Islam FAQ on TSR should anyone want to start one.

About Islam itself, or about threads on Islam? :tongue:
You sound like Trump.
Original post by Milzime
maybe the phrasing of this is wrong, but it might be best to avoid religious topics????????????? Is censorship too much idk but the whole muslim bashing / blind muslim support being blared out ma screen 24/7 is kind of exhausting, don't ya think? Not that that's much of a reason to ban it, I just.. hm..

Where are all these muslim bashing posts, I have not seen them, point them out.
Original post by darkvibes
I agree, all these idiots do is say the same thing, along the lines of 'islam is an oppressive and backward ideology' and quoting of the Qu'ran. When it is so repeated, one can only conclude they have hatred for the religion. It's ridiculous because arguing about it is so pointless when no one is bothered to argue back properly at these morons.

Most of these idiots adopt a sarcastic and patronising tone, which means arguing with them is like arguing against a wall. They're not prepared to accept a counter argument or just mock them
Why should they stop? Don't you know you are living in a liberal democracy? Just because you are butt-hurt bro', is not a reason to end the challenge to an ideology full of bigotry written by God himself. Refute that and you are denying your very own religion.

Attacking an ideology is not the same as attacking an individual. Unfortunately, this point seems to be lost on you by collectively referring to challengers as 'idiots' and 'morons'.

Never once have I seen a challenger referring to Muslims as idiots and morons. If they do, the thread is removed and the poster is more often than not banned.

Censorship seems to be the preferred path of fascists including religious zealots and especially Islamists.
Original post by uberteknik
Why should they stop? Don't you know you are living in a liberal democracy? Just because you are butt-hurt bro', is not a reason to end the challenge to an ideology full of bigotry written by God himself. Refute that and you are denying your very own religion.

Attacking an ideology is not the same as attacking an individual. Unfortunately, this point seems to be lost on you by collectively referring to challengers as 'idiots' and 'morons'.

Never once have I seen a challenger referring to Muslims as idiots and morons. If they do, the thread is removed and the poster is more often than not banned.

Censorship seems to be the preferred path of fascists including religious zealots and especially Islamists.

I've referred to everything you have said in previous posts on this threads so go read up on it.
Original post by dozyrosie
Where are all these muslim bashing posts, I have not seen them, point them out.

they usually get taken down tbh, but just general rudeness towards muslims ~in general~ which I'd say you don't really get for other religious groups(?)

Sure, whether Islam is good or not whatever I don't really care etc not something that matters imo. Maybe it's worth avoiding religiousness altogether? Who knows, I certainly don't :dontknow:
Original post by darkvibes
I've referred to everything you have said in previous posts on this threads so go read up on it.
You can ask me to read up on it and I can decide whether I want to or not. That's my freedom of choice.

I choose not to.

I have not forced you to read or participate in any thread on TSR. You choose to do that. You choose to label people idiots and morons. You also choose whether to be insulted or not. Your choice now, is whether to reply to me or not and if you do, the words you use are entirely your choice.

I recommend you go and have a nice cup of tea - after all, it's part of British culture. You don't have to of course, that's also your choice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wired_1800
Sorry to butt in.

Why are you going after this poster? They are not talking about anyone in particular, but just speaking from their experience. You seem to take their words personal, as if they were talking to you.

i'm not going after him. I am merely challenging his claim to have debated about Islam (his posting history does not support the claim), and asking why he has resorted to insults instead of making arguments. He has failed to adequately answer either point.

Are you trying to say that spurious claims should remain unchallenged?
Original post by Good bloke
i'm not going after him. I am merely challenging his claim to have debated about Islam (his posting history does not support the claim), and asking why he has resorted to insults instead of making arguments. He has failed to adequately answer either point.

Are you trying to say that spurious claims should remain unchallenged?

No, of course not. It seemed that you had a personal score to settle with the kid.
Original post by Wired_1800
No, of course not. It seemed that you had a personal score to settle with the kid.

I suggest you read a little more carefully in future. I have no score to settle; he is the one doing the needless insulting.
Original post by Good bloke
I suggest you read a little more carefully in future. I have no score to settle; he is the one doing the needless insulting.

Haha. Wow, take it easy. I guess that you are probably having a bad day.

You wrote that you did not have any score to settle and I wrote that you seemed. Let us not have a back and forth post exchange, I have no qualms with you.
Original post by Badman Pingu
Its only on TSR, it aint a violation of your right to free speech you cnts

Let's apply the same logic to the opposite view:

"It's only on TSR; Why are you so annoyed by a few words?"
Original post by uberteknik
You can ask me to read up on it and I can decide whether I want to or not. That's my freedom of choice.

I choose not to.

I have not forced you to read or participate in any thread on TSR. You choose to do that. You choose to label people idiots and morons. You also choose whether to be insulted or not. Your choice now, is whether to reply to me or not and if you do, the words you use are entirely your choice.

I recommend you go and have a nice cup of tea - after all, it's part of British culture. You don't have to of course, that's also your choice.

Well if you dont want to read it then dont bother having an argument because i addressed everything you said before.

Im not insulted, im british and im not muslim, funnily enough and i dont see where muslims are threatening our culture. I label the trolls who insult other peoples culture and beliefs as idiots and morons.

I did just have a cup of tea lol
Saying that all muslims are evil and terrorists is only something said by idiots who have no idea about anything. these threads have no reason to exists.

Threads that say Islam is a oppressive society and something needs to be done is a perfectly fine conversation to have, we need these conversations.

if you want to join in with a discussion feel free to join in, if you don't then don't come to the thread
Original post by AperfectBalance
Saying that all muslims are evil and terrorists is only something said by idiots who have no idea about anything. these threads have no reason to exists.

Threads that say Islam is a oppressive society and something needs to be done is a perfectly fine conversation to have, we need these conversations.

if you want to join in with a discussion feel free to join in, if you don't then don't come to the thread

Yes the conversation has been done multiple times and we have established that Islam is oppressive, violent etc etc and people have grown tired of arguing back. There's no point repeating it again and again as it is meaningless and is going to upset muslims

Quick Reply

Latest