The Student Room Group

Muslim woman prevented 2nd IS Paris attack

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
i am too lil for that :u:

i can cure you. dont worry
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
What a brave Muslimah.

Mashallah ! You are an official revert to Islam now.
Original post by BaconandSauce
So her faith is important when stopping an attack

but the faith of the attacks isn't important

Can't have it both ways folks

She believes in islam. They believe in a radical form of Islam that takes a literal meaning and has been denounced by the religious establishment.
Original post by darkvibes
She believes in islam. They believe in a radical form of Islam that takes a literal meaning and has been denounced by the religious establishment.

So it IS relevant for both cases

But as I say those who try and downplay Islams contribution to terrorism can't then laud cases like this

But I will point out if there weren't any Muslims committing terrorist acts we wouldn't need Muslims to report them
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
What a brave Muslimah.

She'll need to be when some in the community find out.
So it IS relevant for both cases

But as I say those who try and downplay Islams contribution to terrorism can't then laud cases like this

But I will point out if there weren't any Muslims committing terrorist acts we wouldn't need Muslims to report them

As i said, they're not considered muslims by the muslim community and has been denounced by the establishment and by muslims. 'Radical islam' is not islam.

If you're suggesting muslims can do more to stop terrorism and radicalisation, yes i agree, more can be done especially when the muslim community isnt fully integrated.
As i said, they're not considered muslims by the muslim community and has been denounced by the establishment and by muslims. 'Radical islam' is not islam.

If you're suggesting muslims can do more to stop terrorism and radicalisation, yes i agree, more can be done especially when the muslim community isnt fully integrated.

By some I agree (but not all)

But have to disagree Radical Islam is still Islam it's just a different version of it (and there are many)

But yes the Muslim community do need to be doing MUCH more
Kudos to the Muslimah :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
By some I agree (but not all)

But have to disagree Radical Islam is still Islam it's just a different version of it (and there are many)

But yes the Muslim community do need to be doing MUCH more

Surely when radical islam has been denounced by the establishment and dont recognise it as Islam, it doesnt really count as a version?
Original post by TemporaryAccount
Mashallah ! You are an official revert to Islam now.

Praising a Muslimah means I've "reverted" to Islam? :hmmmm:
Surely when radical islam has been denounced by the establishment and dont recognise it as Islam, it doesnt really count as a version?

No all it is is a difference of opinion

It is still Islam
No all it is is a difference of opinion

It is still Islam

I guess...

Guess we gotta agree to disagree
Reply 32

Given how many people support it I don't think it has been denounced..

So they foil 1 out of every 100 terrorist attacks emanating from their communities against non-Muslims, I really don't think any credit is due. If they weren't preaching our death and destruction to begin with their wouldn't be a blommin need.

She is equally guilty/culpable as the people trying to kill us in the name of Islam in my eyes.

This is in the Daily Fail! The Sieg Heil Mail! Ergo it must be instantly trashed!!!

Actually kudos to the Mail for raising this woman's profile. I had heard of the story some time ago as it was mentioned in a TV documentary on the attacks. But it hasn't had much Fleet Street or main TV news coverage.

And well done her.
Original post by TheBBQ
Given how many people support it I don't think it has been denounced..

Not many support Radical islam...

The problem with that statement is that it contradicts what the Koran says, which is that nobody can add to, subtract or interpret the Koran in any other way than the obvious meaning of its words. The people who have a literal interpretation of Islam (usually Salafis) are doing nothing other than following Allah's instructions and rules to the letter, which is what the Koran tells them they must do.
Original post by Good bloke
The problem with that statement is that it contradicts what the Koran says, which is that nobody can add to, subtract or interpret the Koran in any other way than the obvious meaning of its words. The people who have a literal interpretation of Islam (usually Salafis) are doing nothing other than following Allah's instructions and rules to the letter, which is what the Koran tells them they must do.

There's no way we can change or edit what the quran says, but i dont see the problem if Islam has denounced the violence without directly denouncing the quran.

Its the best of both worlds, where Muslims denounce the violence but they dont denounce the quran, which consequently means they are denouncing their religion and undermining it, something which no muslim would dare to do.

Like in every religion, there will always be people who are extremists.

We as westerners cannot possible expect them to undermine their religion like many on TSR wish for them to do. They will continue to follow islam regardless of what arguments TSR create.

We can criticise the ideology all we want. I think its obvious that Islam has some oppressive and backward ideology but suggesting we should do something about that is unrealistic as we arent muslims ourselves.

Like in every religion, there will always be people who are extremists.

We as westerners cannot possible expect them to undermine their religion

You don't see the contradiction in calling someone who follows literally the book his god has told him to follow literally an extremist?
Original post by Good bloke
You don't see the contradiction in calling someone who follows literally the book his god has told him to follow literally an extremist?

This is all going in circles. It's funny because everytime i make the point, people here are reluctant to answer it.

'Its the best of both worlds, where Muslims denounce the violence but they dont denounce the quran, which consequently means they are denouncing their religion and undermining it, something which no muslim would dare to do.'

That is my statement and standpoint in this whole issue. To me an extremist is someone who incites violence and hatred. The God may have told them to follow the book literally yes, but if the violence and hatred has been denounced, i see no problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending