The Student Room Group

Eligibility if I started a course but did not complete it

Hi,
In September 2015 I started a course in an Italian University because I wanted to send an application through UCAS, but I was afraid to lose a year if I did not receive any offer.
When I received the first offer at the beginning of January I immediately left the course so that I could focus on preparing for next year.

Am I still eligible for a student loan?
I did not receive any qualification, nor I did any exam.

Thanks for the help!
Original post by SilviaF
Hi,
In September 2015 I started a course in an Italian University because I wanted to send an application through UCAS, but I was afraid to lose a year if I did not receive any offer.
When I received the first offer at the beginning of January I immediately left the course so that I could focus on preparing for next year.

Am I still eligible for a student loan?
I did not receive any qualification, nor I did any exam.

Thanks for the help!

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/prospective-students/fees-and-funding/undergraduate-student-funding/previous-studies explains in detail

Technically you wont be eligible for a tuition fee loan for your any repeat years in England if you declare your Italian study in your application.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/prospective-students/fees-and-funding/undergraduate-student-funding/previous-studies explains in detail

Technically you wont be eligible for a tuition fee loan for your any repeat years in England if you declare your Italian study in your application.

I'm not sure I understood. Does this mean I will receive a reduced loan?
Original post by SilviaF
I'm not sure I understood. Does this mean I will receive a reduced loan?

You'll receive the normal tuition fee loan - unless you repeat a year.

Everyone is eligible for tuition fee loans for

length of new course + 1 year - years of previous study

So you will have funding for the length of your course but not for any repeat years or if you decide you need to re-start on a different degree after a year.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
You'll receive the normal tuition fee loan - unless you repeat a year.

Everyone is eligible for tuition fee loans for

length of new course + 1 year - years of previous study

So you will have funding for the length of your course but not for any repeat years or if you decide you need to re-start on a different degree after a year.

Thanks! :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending