The Student Room Group

Muslim woman prevented 2nd IS Paris attack

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darkvibes
if the violence and hatred has been denounced, i see no problem.

You see, there we differ. I don't like to see that violence has been denounced. I'd prefer there to be no violence in the first place.
Original post by fatima1998
dunno what i am saying :dontknow:

Hey, you can make a true statement! :biggrin:
Original post by Good bloke
You see, there we differ. I don't like to see that violence has been denounced. I'd prefer there to be no violence in the first place.

hmm i see ok. I would love for there to be no violence too, but we got to take it all slow. We cant rush things simply because we live in a liberal world. Muslims are very strict and generally conservative after all.

If it has been denounced by the vast majority of muslims, the only issue we have here is that there are extremists like ISIS, which in my opinion can only dealt with by military action.

Muslims will continue to believe in backward ideology such as being against homosexuality but change is slow and it is difficult to approach such an issue.

The issue now is the Islamic countries out there that practise Sharia law. Western countries need to see to the problems but how can we bring about change? The issue is indeed very complex, which has been oversimplified on TSR by trolls and islamophobes.
the only issue we have here is that there are extremists like ISIS,.

Well, no. There are bigger issues than that. Non-integration is more important than extremism in Britain, and is unlikely to happen while Moslems hold views contrary to western values, refuse to marry westerners, import spouses from abroad and wear clothes that make it abundantly clear that they do not wish to be assimilated, while about half of all mosques employ preachers from the literalist schools of thought, and while Moslems feel entitled to carry out vigilante patrols and inflict punishments on those they think have insulted Islam.

This woman has taken a step towards showing the way forward for Moslems.
Well, no. There are bigger issues than that. Non-integration is more important than extremism in Britain, and is unlikely to happen while Moslems hold views contrary to western values, refuse to marry westerners, import spouses from abroad and wear clothes that make it abundantly clear that they do not wish to be assimilated, while about half of all mosques employ preachers from the literalist schools of thought, and while Moslems feel entitled to carry out vigilante patrols and inflict punishments on those they think have insulted Islam.

This woman has taken a step towards showing the way forward for Moslems.

Non integration is an issue, yes. This however isnt the case for everyone. I dont think we have to be so pushy about them upholding our western values, we should embrace multiculturalism!

Some views are controversial but criticising their ideology will do more harm than good. That is important if we wish to be truly integrated, we must accept their beliefs and make it clear what is acceptable.
we must accept their beliefs

But I, and most Britons, do not accept their beliefs on morality (they like polygamy and dislike much of what we approve of), free speech (they don't approve of it), misogyny (it is enshrined in Islam) and many other things.
But I, and most Britons, do not accept their beliefs on morality (they like polygamy and dislike much of what we approve of), free speech (they don't approve of it), misogyny (it is enshrined in Islam) and many other things.

Stop talking about the ancient tenets of Islam as if all Muslims in the west follow them / believe in them word-for-word

Only a minority of british muslims support anything like that...

And when i mean minority i mean like a tiny proportion.
Original post by Hydeman
Hey, you can make a true statement! :biggrin:

i told you to not attack me :biggrin:
i told you to not attack me :biggrin:

I ignore most of your stuff but this was too good to let pass. :h:
Original post by Hydeman
I ignore most of your stuff but this was too good to let pass. :h:

so do i... i have been told to ignore people...
i dunno why you always being sarcastic? :confused:
i can see a glance of sarcasm :lolwut:
We need more people like her, even as a Muslim, she knows that what these groups are doing is wrong and is not brainwashed into believing
so do i... i have been told to ignore people...
i dunno why you always being sarcastic? :confused:
i can see a glance of sarcasm :lolwut:

I'm not being sarcastic. :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
I'm not being sarcastic. :tongue:

yes, you are...
or you either insult people indirectly...
i am not a bad person like you think i am... neither i am illiterate :colone:
Reply 54
This is not new.
yes, you are...

No, I'm not. I'm entirely serious about the fact that I normally don't bother replying to your posts and that this was an exception.

or you either insult people indirectly...

There's no such thing as an indirect insult. It only exists in the minds of people who actively strive to be offended and therefore imagine insult where there isn't any to be found.

i am not a bad person like you think i am... neither i am illiterate :colone:

Debatable. :holmes: And no, I don't think you're a bad person. Just naive and undereducated.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
So they foil 1 out of every 100 terrorist attacks emanating from their communities against non-Muslims, I really don't think any credit is due. If they weren't preaching our death and destruction to begin with their wouldn't be a blommin need.

She is equally guilty/culpable as the people trying
to kill us in the name of Islam in my eyes.

There are pro and con in every argue ment. She is against radical islam. Not all Muslims hate you or me. You can not intelligently hate anything as a group when the group consists of individuals. You have to judge the individual not the group.
Are radical Muslims terrorists or freedom fighters. It was American bombs that created so many orphans thirteen years ago that are pissed off fighters today.
Original post by Hydeman
No, I'm not. I'm entirely serious about the fact that I normally don't bother replying to your posts and that this was an exception.

There's no such thing as an indirect insult. It only exists in the minds of people who actively strive to be offended and therefore imagine insult where there isn't any to be found.

Debatable. :holmes: And no, I don't think you're a bad person. Just naive and undereducated.

i am not in a primary or secondary school :nah:
and you Saying that is debatable :colone:
i can test your knowledge on psychology if you desire!
Regardless of her religion, she helped stop a horrific terrorist attack that could've a large number of people. She deserves credit for that.
i am not in a primary or secondary school :nah:

Yes, you are. I seem to remember that you go to a sixth form, which counts as secondary education.

and you Saying that is debatable :colone:

Much less so than your literacy. :colone:

i can test your knowledge on psychology if you desire!

I don't study psychology, and nor do I wish to be tested on it.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending