The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Spanish 2016

How is everyone feeling about the summer exam and the oral?

Scroll to see replies

a lot more confident after my mock! Got an A overall and 3 marks from the overall A* but got an A* in the oral component! What cultural topics are you doing? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by eleanor27
a lot more confident after my mock! Got an A overall and 3 marks from the overall A* but got an A* in the oral component! What cultural topics are you doing? :smile:

That great well done! I'm doing como agua and almodovar what about you?
Original post by onlythewall
That great well done! I'm doing como agua and almodovar what about you?

Ooo I love como agua!!!! I'm doing Casa de Bernarda Alba and El Laberinto del Fauno :smile:
Reply 4
How do you guys revise for the oral? Our teachers say you're not allowed to learn stuff off by heart, but there must be something more than just going over and over the literature stuff
Reply 5
anyone already done the oral and wanna share any sub topics? lol
Reply 6
Original post by cwp29
anyone already done the oral and wanna share any sub topics? lol

LOL I haven't done it yet
I'm doing my science EMPAS now so I'm preparing for that, I have no time for Spanish speaking revision
Reply 7
LOL I haven't done it yet
I'm doing my science EMPAS now so I'm preparing for that, I have no time for Spanish speaking revision

when is your oral? so stressed for all my exams atm
Reply 8
i'm also doing como agua para chocolate but Gaudi for my cultural topic. When is your Spanish oral?
Reply 9
Original post by kash1230
i'm also doing como agua para chocolate but Gaudi for my cultural topic. When is your Spanish oral?

i'm doing Réquiem por un campesino español and Almodóvar (Volver)
oral is on the 27th of this month yours?
Reply 10
Original post by cwp29
i'm doing Réquiem por un campesino español and Almodóvar (Volver)
oral is on the 27th of this month yours?

How come your oral is on the 27th? are you on the AQA exam board?
Reply 11
How is everyone feeling about the summer exam and the oral?

Spanish is pretty much the only exam I'm feeling confident about getting an A or A* in! My oral is the 12th of May so I still have a while to revise for it - doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Almodovar (Volver and Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios). The oral seems to be going well, getting A* in my weekly oral mocks, I think I'm more worried about the translations as I know it is fairly easy to lose marks on that. Anyone else worried about that?
Original post by britmj
Spanish is pretty much the only exam I'm feeling confident about getting an A or A* in! My oral is the 12th of May so I still have a while to revise for it - doing La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Almodovar (Volver and Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios). The oral seems to be going well, getting A* in my weekly oral mocks, I think I'm more worried about the translations as I know it is fairly easy to lose marks on that. Anyone else worried about that?

Same here with the only exam I'm confident for bar translation! I'm doing La Casa d Bernarda Alba too! My oral is April 29th though... Translation is stressful as it often not the topic specific vocab I worry about but the 'filler' words if that makes sense!?
Reply 13
Same here with the only exam I'm confident for bar translation! I'm doing La Casa d Bernarda Alba too! My oral is April 29th though... Translation is stressful as it often not the topic specific vocab I worry about but the 'filler' words if that makes sense!?

Good luck! That's so early - I'm sure it will be fine! Yeah, I totally get that, or like I will forget a specific grammatical structure, or where the personal 'a' goes or something like that! Which do you find easier? English-Spanish or Spanish-English?
Original post by britmj
Good luck! That's so early - I'm sure it will be fine! Yeah, I totally get that, or like I will forget a specific grammatical structure, or where the personal 'a' goes or something like that! Which do you find easier? English-Spanish or Spanish-English?

12th May is the date of ny French oral funnily enough! :smile:
I find Spanish-English easier as you don't have to worry as much about grammar/structures etc. you?
Reply 15
12th May is the date of ny French oral funnily enough! :smile:
I find Spanish-English easier as you don't have to worry as much about grammar/structures etc. you?

Oh you also do French! Wow, that's great, I certainly could not have done both! Good luck with that though - and yeah me too, although it really does depend on what they give us to translate, I'm guessing it will be something from current events - hopefully not too complicated in terms of vocab!
Original post by britmj
Oh you also do French! Wow, that's great, I certainly could not have done both! Good luck with that though - and yeah me too, although it really does depend on what they give us to translate, I'm guessing it will be something from current events - hopefully not too complicated in terms of vocab!

here's hoping! Are you feeling prepared for the casa section of the oral?
Reply 17
here's hoping! Are you feeling prepared for the casa section of the oral?

Well, not AS prepared as I feel for the Almodovar section, but I will probably re-read the play and then re-watch it, just so I can remember some of the things I forgot since December! Are you?
Original post by britmj
Well, not AS prepared as I feel for the Almodovar section, but I will probably re-read the play and then re-watch it, just so I can remember some of the things I forgot since December! Are you?

Yeah Casa is my favourite :smile: We have 2 spanish teachers and do a culture topic with each so we have a Casa lesson a week :smile:
Reply 19
Yeah Casa is my favourite :smile: We have 2 spanish teachers and do a culture topic with each so we have a Casa lesson a week :smile:

We do too! Except we finished Casa really early and started AS revision as our teachers are making us retake (even though I got an A - it's just to boost my chances of getting an A* overall) but we have gone a lot more in depth for Almodovar so I definitely feel more confident on that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending