The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have some ideas for the tables that may be included in the database

- Teachers
- Acts
- Rounds
- Establishment

there could be a judge table aswell, but according to the scenario the teachers also vote so they could be part of the judges .
Fallout dlc today guys yayayayayay screw this exam!!!
Anyone seen the captain america trailer. I cant wait until it comes out
Hahaha realised we have a similar name:creep:
Yeah it could be an easier way of registering the entries for the school, cause I don't think there is going to be 5 tables.
- I disagree last years database contained 6 tables, so I think its likely to be similar this year.
I think it likely there will be the following tables:
-Acts
-Rounds
-Establishments
-Students
-Teachers
-Videos
Original post by IMissTheTruckles
- I disagree last years database contained 6 tables, so I think its likely to be similar this year.
I think it likely there will be the following tables:
-Acts
-Rounds
-Establishments
-Students
-Teachers
-Videos

Last years contained 4 tables
yeah originally it had 4 tables but then you had to split the tables up before setting up the relationships, after you had done that you ended up with 6.
Reply 9
The teachers r struggling with this as well
Has anyone sat the exam or started the exam yet? What are your thought on it
Original post by pink4orange
Has anyone sat the exam or started the exam yet? What are your thought on it

The exam is going to be sat in May.
I have some idea's of the tables that may be included:

- Acts
- Rounds
- Judges
- Establishment
- Votes

There may be a results table but this could be put into a query by calculating the amount of votes that have been collected by the judges.
Original post by -ihaveanidea-
The exam is going to be sat in May.
I have some idea's of the tables that may be included:

- Acts
- Rounds
- Judges
- Establishment
- Votes

There may be a results table but this could be put into a query by calculating the amount of votes that have been collected by the judges.

but arent there always 4 tables?
Original post by Hannah139
but arent there always 4 tables?

One of the past papers had 6 tables, can't remember which one though.
Im gonna look through and see

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought last years paper only had 4 tables and only used 1 to many relationships? I don't think it had six as that would mean there was an intersection table?
The tables are dependent on how many marks the question is worth. More marks means more table

Posted from TSR Mobile
Teachers are saying its similar to the June 2013 paper in terms of the scenario.
Reply 18
Yeah it is similar to 2013 exam. I did a mock on that and this works more or less the same way. I dont think there will be a video table and instead there will most probably be a votes tables
Yeah it makes more sense for there to be a votes table. The results could be recorded in a query, where you might have to calculate the total results for each act or establishment.

Latest

Trending

Trending