The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Notts is closer than Bristol. But Notts is closer to Bristol than it is to UCL/KCL/LSE.

How considerable is the difference really? I am leaning towards Bristol atm, but feel like Nottingham is marginally better academics-wise
Original post by dfradkin
How considerable is the difference really? I am leaning towards Bristol atm, but feel like Nottingham is marginally better academics-wise

Not considerable at all. Just go to Bristol if you think you'll like it more.
Can anyone whi has attended a Nottinghan visit day for Law tell me about it? I only just recieved an offer and there are no visit days left and not sure about firming a univeristy i have not seen! Considering firming Warwick over it because of this, is that stupid?
Original post by Cewhite
Can anyone whi has attended a Nottinghan visit day for Law tell me about it? I only just recieved an offer and there are no visit days left and not sure about firming a univeristy i have not seen! Considering firming Warwick over it because of this, is that stupid?

Email them, which is what I did. They'll provide you with a self-guided tour if no students are available. I visited and the campus looks really nice, but I felt like it's a bit disconnected from city life (city centre being only a short bus ride away though).
Original post by Cewhite

I absolutely loved Nottingham on the open day - the campus is lovely and the Law lecture halls are amazing (with plenty of plug sockets, I noted!).

I also visited Warwick, which is really nice. Personally I preferred Notts, but that's just me - I definitely wouldn't recommend declining Nottingham until you have seen it though :-)
Reply 4005
Rejected from Nottingham just now after 6 months, bastards making me wait that long ahah😩😂
Original post by lks97
Rejected from Nottingham just now after 6 months, bastards making me wait that long ahah😩😂

I'm sorry to hear this, what are your other choices? I was rejected too:frown:
Original post by lks97

Haha, me too! Just received my rejection. At least we can put our firm now :smile:
Original post by lks97

Original post by Procaffinator
Haha, me too! Just received my rejection. At least we can put our firm now :smile:

whats your firm if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Amie_U
whats your firm if you don't mind me asking?

Bristol :h: and yours?

I'm still trying to decide between Warwick and Manchester now? any advice? I'd appreciate any
Original post by Amie_U
I'm still trying to decide between Warwick and Manchester now? any advice? I'd appreciate any

Warwick because a) I'm biased, b) employers have a constant presence on campus, c) the campus feel would make for a more bonding experience, with many of the activities/initiatives on campus being mostly student led, d) even though Mancs might have better nightlife overall, there's still loads of choice between Leanington Spa, Campus, Coventry and Birmingham at Warwick.

Ultimately up to you though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Warwick because a) I'm biased, b) employers have a constant presence on campus, c) the campus feel would make for a more bonding experience, with many of the activities/initiatives on campus being mostly student led, d) even though Mancs might have better nightlife overall, there's still loads of choice between Leanington Spa, Campus, Coventry and Birmingham at Warwick.

Ultimately up to you though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!haha isn't it funny how after you given me an advice you said it's up to me. Anyways, I'm not really bent on night live at all, just the fact that the arrangement of the halls affects everything.

You're at Warwick right? Like I'm skeptical about moving out after first year, like how far are the off campus accs; the way they allocate the rooms have made it easier for internationals to be in one building like bluebell( cause who wants to move out) Am I right?

As much as I'm an international student and not much of a party person, I do not want to be in an anti-social place where I would not like. Because it's either the place is party party like rootes etc or too quiet, or shared bathrooms(which I do not really want).

But Manchester offers me the ideal accommodation I'm looking for. You see my point? pls correct me if I'm wrong

Would you have firmed Notts?
anyone else heard from notts?
Reply 4016
Original post by Amie_U

Sorry to hear it! I'll be firming York now I think, not sure about insurance though😩 you?
Original post by dfradkin
Would you have firmed Notts?

No, I've visited both of them and decided that campus life does not suit me. I mean, yeah Nottingham's campus is pretty great but being in the heart of the city of Bristol is just awesome. Apart from that, they are both good unis for law and are somewhat equal in terms of prestige.
Original post by coconuticecream
anyone else heard from notts?

I'm still waiting. Hoping for the best...

What AS grades and LNAT score if you don't mind me asking? I got rejected from Bristol but still waiting on Notts..

Latest

Trending

Trending