The Student Room Group

Do AS matter?

Hi guys
One of my AS subjects is Physics, and i'm not doing as well as I would have liked due to teachers being ill. Will my AS in physics count towards my final A2 grade?
Reply 1
No , now it's a separate qualification.
Are you doing OCR or AQA?
Original post by piearescare
Hi guys
One of my AS subjects is Physics, and i'm not doing as well as I would have liked due to teachers being ill. Will my AS in physics count towards my final A2 grade?

Nope, but it will be used to decide your predicted grade if you decided to do it in year 13
It won't contribute to your A2 grade as AS is now a separate qualification. However that doesn't mean you shouldn't bother studying for AS as it might hurt your application when applying for universities. Also AS content is tested in your A2 exams so it's definitely worthwhile to study for them. Your school/institution also use your AS grades to predict your A2 grades, as far as I'm aware your A2 predictions are sent along with your application so it's best to achieve high grades in order to have a stronger application.
No, but they will be going to Uni's and your predicted grades will be based on them
Reply 6
Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad I won't have to resit, but i'll try my best now then!
How much of math Edexcel AS contribute to the A level?
Does an AS matter if you intend to drop the subject in A2, do Universities still look at it?
Original post by Theresexx
Does an AS matter if you intend to drop the subject in A2, do Universities still look at it?

I think they do but don't plan on disregarding it dude it still gets you a grade XD

Quick Reply

Latest