The Student Room Group

Official Awkward Moment Thread

Discuss all your awkward/embarrasing moments here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had the runs, run to the toilet and did not make it.
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
I had the runs, run to the toilet and did not make it.

I want details bro

where were you? why you got the runs? did anyone see you bro?
When someone waves your way and you wave back, then you realise they were waving to someone behind you...

Spoiler

When you smile at a stranger and they don't smile back because they think you're some creep when you're actually just trying to be really nice.

Oooo, and when you hit your leg or arm on a table and you apologise to it :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Stalking someone's Facebook and accidentally liking a picture from 10 years ago.
Reply 6
When you walk towards the auto doors of a huge store and realize you're trying to enter through a door meant for exiting. And then you've got to act like you're reading some poster on the door :lol:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Stalking someone's Facebook and accidentally liking a picture from 10 years ago.

Embrace the awkwardness and like them all.
It's like this thread was made for me. :lol:
When someone just starts crying in front of you and you don't know what to do...
I used to attend a local music group and at some point was the only person there under 30. Someone (not me!) had bought in a bloody Westlife song. I was asked in front of everyone if I knew it and did I know who sung it. She clearly hadn't heard the conversation between me and someone else who was rather stunned to discover I had not heard "I'm yours" - Jason Miraz...

Having one of your friends walk up to you, he says hello and you don't recognise him. It happened again 5 days later...
Reply 11
Original post by Tiger Rag
I used to attend a local music group and at some point was the only person there under 30. Someone (not me!) had bought in a bloody Westlife song. I was asked in front of everyone if I knew it and did I know who sung it. She clearly hadn't heard the conversation between me and someone else who was rather stunned to discover I had not heard "I'm yours" - Jason Miraz...

Having one of your friends walk up to you, he says hello and you don't recognise him. It happened again 5 days later...

Really? "I'm Yours" isn't that old - I remember it and I'm under 20
Holding the door open for someone far away and forcing them to run over.

Pulling a door that says “push” and vice-versa.

When your server says, “Enjoy your meal!” and you reply, “Thanks, you too!”

Grabbing a pole on public transportation but then holding someone else’s hand.

Saying goodbye to someone then realizing they’re going the same way as you.

The convos that be like...

A: “How’re you?”

B: “Doing well! How about you?”

A: “Good, thanks. You?”

Typing out a text/email in a rush and sending it to the wrong person.

When you talk to someone and your voice is gross and croaky because that was the first time you spoke all day.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kiiten
Really? "I'm Yours" isn't that old - I remember it and I'm under 20

Until I went home and looked it up, I'd never heard it. But I had by that point been introduced to 30s Jazz.
Original post by ForestShadow
Holding the door open for someone far away and forcing them to run over.

Pulling a door that says “push” and vice-versa.

When your server says, “Enjoy your meal!” and you reply, “Thanks, you too!”

Grabbing a pole on public transportation but then holding someone else’s hand.

Saying goodbye to someone then realizing they’re going the same way as you.

The convos that be like...A: “How’re you?” B: “Doing well! How about you?” A: “Good, thanks. You?”

I thought I was the only one :lol:
Original post by ravioliyears
I thought I was the only one:lol:

Im the server as well :lol::lol: been on both ends
Reply 16
This couple walked up to my window and decided they were going to stare at me (I am in halls on the ground floor looking into the courtyard). I was just on my laptop on my bed, and when I looked up they were stood there watching me with their faces against the window. They didn't look away when I looked at them, and I didn't know how to handle the situation and so I just started crying (not the best response, I admit). So they just stood at my window and stared at me while I stared back crying, this continued for about 15 minutes until they abruptly walked away.

This was about an hour ago. I don't feel embarrassed, but it was very awkward and I still feel awkward.
Reply 17
Original post by Nerwen
This couple walked up to my window and decided they were going to stare at me (I am in halls on the ground floor looking into the courtyard). I was just on my laptop on my bed, and when I looked up they were stood there watching me with their faces against the window. They didn't look away when I looked at them, and I didn't know how to handle the situation and so I just started crying (not the best response, I admit). So they just stood at my window and stared at me while I stared back crying, this continued for about 15 minutes until they abruptly walked away.

This was about an hour ago. I don't feel embarrassed, but it was very awkward and I still feel awkward.

closing the curtains woulda been the best?
Reply 18
Original post by TheBoredOne
closing the curtains woulda been the best?

Yeah, my partner said the same thing when he got back from the shops (he also thought I should have just told them to f*** off). It just didn't occur to me as a thing to do at the time, all I could think about was how there was a mug and the table and I didn't want them to think I was dirty and that I don't do my dishes.
Reply 19
Original post by Nerwen
Yeah, my partner said the same thing when he got back from the shops (he also thought I should have just told them to f*** off). It just didn't occur to me as a thing to do at the time, all I could think about was how there was a mug and the table and I didn't want them to think I was dirty and that I don't do my dishes.

It's very weird to stare at someone for 15 mins especially when you are looking back, yeah you shoulda told them to f*** off :smile:

I doubt you're the only student who doesn't do the dishes. (not saying you don't though lol)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest