The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Higher Requirements for Insurance than Firm

I 100% want to go to my firm uni because I do not want to move out of my home town, but I need to make both a firm and insurance choice. If I do not get into my firm choice then I will most likely be getting into my insurance choice, however I do not want to and would rather go through clearing to get into my firm choice uni. Ive heard that if you do get into your insurance uni you need to ring them up to release you and then only you can go into clearing. Can I avoid this situation by putting an insurance choice with the same/higher requirements as my firm so if I do not get accepted into my firm I will not get accepted into my insurance which means I can immediately go through clearing?
HELP?
Original post by TSR_01
I 100% want to go to my firm uni because I do not want to move out of my home town, but I need to make both a firm and insurance choice. If I do not get into my firm choice then I will most likely be getting into my insurance choice, however I do not want to and would rather go through clearing to get into my firm choice uni. Ive heard that if you do get into your insurance uni you need to ring them up to release you and then only you can go into clearing. Can I avoid this situation by putting an insurance choice with the same/higher requirements as my firm so if I do not get accepted into my firm I will not get accepted into my insurance which means I can immediately go through clearing?
HELP?

No, you dont need to have an insurance at all. Withdraw from the other 4 choices and just have a firm. Getting released into clearing wont be anyone's priority to sort for you on results day so isnt worth the stress if you dont want to go there. But also your firm will get a few days to decide if they want you and whether to offer you an alternative course, so if its a no when you look on track unless you go for a priority remark there is no point in contacting them.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
No, you dont need to have an insurance at all. Withdraw from the other 4 choices and just have a firm. Getting released into clearing wont be anyone's priority to sort for you on results day so isnt worth the stress if you dont want to go there. But also your firm will get a few days to decide if they want you and whether to offer you an alternative course, so if its a no when you look on track unless you go for a priority remark there is no point in contacting them.

Thanks for the reply, but basically i've recieved all 5 offers and im ready to make my firm and insurance choice. My firm choice requires 300 points but with no specifc grades, my insurance also requires 300 points but with a Grade B in one of my subjects. Therefore, if I do not get into my firm choice, I will most likely not get into my insurance choice, which means the clearing option will be available for me. So should i just do it this way?
Because my third option which I was thinking of putting as my insurance is an alternative offer with lower requirements so i dont want it happen where i get into there and i have to ring up to be released in order to go through clearing which is why im ruling out that option.
As well as this, you know how you said withdraw from the 4 other unis how do I go about doing this? Can I do it on track, and tbh i dont think i want to do that :/ lol im quite confused with all of this.
Original post by TSR_01
Thanks for the reply, but basically i've recieved all 5 offers and im ready to make my firm and insurance choice. My firm choice requires 300 points but with no specifc grades, my insurance also requires 300 points but with a Grade B in one of my subjects. Therefore, if I do not get into my firm choice, I will most likely not get into my insurance choice, which means the clearing option will be available for me. So should i just do it this way?
Because my third option which I was thinking of putting as my insurance is an alternative offer with lower requirements so i dont want it happen where i get into there and i have to ring up to be released in order to go through clearing which is why im ruling out that option.
As well as this, you know how you said withdraw from the 4 other unis how do I go about doing this? Can I do it on track, and tbh i dont think i want to do that :/ lol im quite confused with all of this.

Well if they are the same then you could still get into one as its a possibility one could have more people miss offers than the other so there's a chance of getting in still if you miss your grades. So if you are happy with going to your firm and insurance then stick with that plan :smile:
Reply 4
Well if they are the same then you could still get into one as its a possibility one could have more people miss offers than the other so there's a chance of getting in still if you miss your grades. So if you are happy with going to your firm and insurance then stick with that plan :smile:

But thats the thing I do not want to go to my insurance, the reason why I thought
I would do it this way is so I can just automatically be rejected by my insurance uni and be put into the clearing process.
Is it possible to just make a firm choice even if it is a conditional offer?
Original post by TSR_01
But thats the thing I do not want to go to my insurance, the reason why I thought
I would do it this way is so I can just automatically be rejected by my insurance uni and be put into the clearing process.
Is it possible to just make a firm choice even if it is a conditional offer?

Ah I get you, yes it is :smile: just decline the other 4 offers :smile:
Reply 6
Ah I get you, yes it is :smile: just decline the other 4 offers :smile:

How do I decline the other offers though? Do i do that on track? If so, how?
Original post by TSR_01
How do I decline the other offers though? Do i do that on track? If so, how?

Yes on track.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending