The Student Room Group

Official Awkward Moment Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nerwen
This couple walked up to my window and decided they were going to stare at me (I am in halls on the ground floor looking into the courtyard). I was just on my laptop on my bed, and when I looked up they were stood there watching me with their faces against the window. They didn't look away when I looked at them, and I didn't know how to handle the situation and so I just started crying (not the best response, I admit). So they just stood at my window and stared at me while I stared back crying, this continued for about 15 minutes until they abruptly walked away.

This was about an hour ago. I don't feel embarrassed, but it was very awkward and I still feel awkward.

That is so strange... and terrifying. :redface:
Reply 21
Original post by TheBoredOne
It's very weird to stare at someone for 15 mins especially when you are looking back, yeah you shoulda told them to f*** off :smile:

I doubt you're the only student who doesn't do the dishes. (not saying you don't though lol)

I think the were stoned if I am going to be completely honest. It didn't occur to me as a thing to do.

It's silly as I had just finished a cup of tea, but I don't like seeming messy.
Reply 22
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
That is so strange... and terrifying. :redface:

I was so busy sobbing about there being a dirty cup in the room, that I didn't even feel awkward until afterwards.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
When someone waves your way and you wave back, then you realise they were waving to someone behind you...

Spoiler

Probably happens to ya all the time

Spoiler

Original post by Nerwen
I was so busy sobbing about there being a dirty cup in the room, that I didn't even feel awkward until afterwards.

I would feel violated not awkward. :eek4: I'm sure they weren't looking at the cup though. :tongue:
Were they people from the university or just random passers-by? :s-smilie:

Spoiler

That awkward moment when you're wondering why that guy's staring at you, take it as a compliment, and then realise you have pen all over your face :colonhash:
Reply 26
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I would feel violated not awkward. :eek4: I'm sure they weren't looking at the cup though. :tongue:
Were they people from the university or just random passers-by? :s-smilie:

Spoiler

People from the university I believe.

Spoiler

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Probably happens to ya all the time

Spoiler

:colonhash:

Spoiler

:colonhash:

Spoiler

Wanna play pinturillo?
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Wanna play pinturillo?

Just replied :yep:
Just replied :yep:

Thnx
When your teacher accidentally almost tripped you up...
Original post by Nerwen
People from the university I believe.

Spoiler

It's great that you had someone to check up on you though, so cute that he knows how to help you. :^_^:

Spoiler

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Stalking someone's Facebook and accidentally liking a picture from 10 years ago.

Been there... :s-smilie:
Original post by TheBoredOne
Discuss all your awkward/embarrasing moments here.

ah no anonymous here, ah no thanks bud.
Reply 35
When my friend was saying about how hot my crush was when all his friends were stood right behind me... I nearly had a heart attack (luckily they didn't know we were talking about him)
Reply 36
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Stalking someone's Facebook and accidentally liking a picture from 10 years ago.

When she was 12yo? :sexface:
Reply 37
When I tried to use a voucher for Burger King at KFC. Damn. :getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest