The Student Room Group

UCAS track change???

2 April 2016, 22:01Your application for your firm university has been changed. Please view the choice to check the change.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
I clicked on it and nothing has changed. Once you firm a uni can they withdraw the offer? I thought not but I'm worried about what this change in my offer is. But UCAS track is not working until tomorrow.
Original post by yasmin221b
I clicked on it and nothing has changed. Once you firm a uni can they withdraw the offer? I thought not but I'm worried about what this change in my offer is. But UCAS track is not working until tomorrow.

Sometimes you get update emails when you firm/insure choices I presume it's that.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Sometimes you get update emails when you firm/insure choices I presume it's that.

do you know when we firm an offer?
Reply 4

I got that update email yesterday evening shortly after I had made my decisions. So I think this is a different update but no idea what? Do you know if they can change your course/withdraw their offer once you've firmed?
I got that update email yesterday evening shortly after I had made my decisions. So I think this is a different update but no idea what? Do you know if they can change your course/withdraw their offer once you've firmed?

They can change it but they can't withdraw it normally unless it was a genuine mistake or they had less applicants so couldn't run the course. It could just be the UCAS email updates messing up.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. There is a chances I think where a University might make your offer unconditional I've heard this happening as firm shows commitment but don't know details about it with regards to a UCAS email. I doubt any uni would withdraw an offer or change it without giving you advance notice or talking to you about it. All you can do at this point is wait till tomorrow(or just keep refreshing it). Go through the UCAS page and see if the terms of the offer are the same and if something small night have changed but even if tomorrow you can't find anything maybe just email your uni's admissions department. Try not to worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
They can change it but they can't withdraw it normally unless it was a genuine mistake or they had less applicants so couldn't run the course. It could just be the UCAS email updates messing up.

Okay thank you it is a highly subscribed course so they definitely have plenty of applicants but yeah could just be a mistake. Will have to see.
Reply 8
Original post by Questioner1234
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. There is a chances I think where a University might make your offer unconditional I've heard this happening as firm shows commitment but don't know details about it with regards to a UCAS email. I doubt any uni would withdraw an offer or change it without giving you advance notice or talking to you about it. All you can do at this point is wait till tomorrow(or just keep refreshing it). Go through the UCAS page and see if the terms of the offer are the same and if something small night have changed but even if tomorrow you can't find anything maybe just email your uni's admissions department. Try not to worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thank you! Made me feel a bit better. It 100% won't be an unconditional because it's Imperial. I guess I will just have to wait like you say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending