The Student Room Group

Muslims: Opinions please

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Lol staying happy is the plan :lol: inshaAllah.

Thank you tho

Haha yeah stay happy & everything will go well:smile: Pm me if you need to :smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha yeah stay happy & everything will go well:smile: Pm me if you need to :smile:

Will do (:

Everyone so nice on here :cry2:
Will do (:

Everyone so nice on here :cry2:

Why you crying for :P
Don't say yes or seem too eager or tell him anything like "yeah I would like to marry you" - the girl is supposed to be modest and mostly quiet. On the first visit you usually don't speak to the boy that much, but just be helpful in the kitchen and mostly just speak to his mum in Urdu. It's best not to be too loud/eager etc on the first meeting and also don't talk to him too much - you should only speak to him if he speaks to you first and asks you questions first. Because if it doesn't work out, you'll feel like an idiot for opening up to him so much on the first meeting. So just be nice, smile, speak to his mum and speak to him only when he speaks to you first, but don't be too chatty because it's just the first meeting.
Original post by Kamran Fazal
First of all ask yourself if you really want to marry at such an early age. You should ask about his job, hobbies and general stuff. Also I'd really advise you to be completely sure of the boy before marrying him i.e meet him like 4-5 times before saying yes.[/QUOTE]

Original post by Ayaz789
Why you crying for :P

I get too emotional :rolleyes:
Don't say yes or seem too eager or tell him anything like "yeah I would like to marry you" - the girl is supposed to be modest and mostly quiet. On the first visit you usually don't speak to the boy that much, but just be helpful in the kitchen and mostly just speak to his mum in Urdu. It's best not to be too loud/eager etc on the first meeting and also don't talk to him too much - you should only speak to him if he speaks to you first and asks you questions first. Because if it doesn't work out, you'll feel like an idiot for opening up to him so much on the first meeting. So just be nice, smile, speak to his mum and speak to him only when he speaks to you first, but don't be too chatty because it's just the first meeting.

Thats what i was thinking!! But everyones telling me if he asks me questions to answer them to a reasonable extent and not too talk crap like i usually do lol. Also if i have qus to ask him but i feel like its too much to fit into one evening of you get me...
I get too emotional :rolleyes:

:console:
Heyy I'm in a similar situation to you except I'm 24. Haven't met any guys yet, I've seen a picture of one and my family are planning to arrange for us to meet. This thread is helpful for me too as I was thinking the exact same thing as you today.
Original post by Ayaz789
:console:

Thank u :hugs:
Heyy I'm in a similar situation to you except I'm 24. Haven't met any guys yet, I've seen a picture of one and my family are planning to arrange for us to meet. This thread is helpful for me too as I was thinking the exact same thing as you today.

Ahhh glad u benefitted (is thatca word or even how u spell it) from my thread :h:
Reply 49
Firstly, Assalam u Alaikum

Basically, i am a 19 year old girl who comes from a Muslim Pakistani family. Very recently ive my family have been looking for a bot for me to get married to. I.e. a rishta.
Ive had a few in the past of people calling the house but no response after that.
Just about a few days ago my mum had spoke to a woman who is looking for a girl for her son. She contacted my mum and they chatted for a while.

That same night she sent pictures of her son and requested mine in return. We sent my pics the next day. Now they called yesterday saying theyd like to come over to "see" me.

On one hand im nervous. Since it is my first rishta visit. Also, my family were saying to me that he will ask me questions and stuff when we speak and if i have questions to ask him i can.

and this is what this post is about.
What kinda stuff can i ask him, without being too much?

Marrying someone you never met. #MassiveCringe #MassiveFacePalm #MassiveRollEyes

I hope you are allowed to shake his hand before signing the contract though.
Original post by Josb
Marrying someone you never met. #MassiveCringe #MassiveFacePalm #MassiveRollEyes

I hope you are allowed to shake his hand before signing the contract though.

El. Oh. El.

Arent u funny.
Original post by ZS1
Relax it's just a joke:lolz:. But seriously though she might need to know when they're going to try for a baby

I know. I was joking with you too. :^_^:

:awesome::awesome::^_^::^_^::^_^:
Find out what his ambitions in life are, what kind of responsibilities does he have, find out more about his job, is he independent? If he is serious about this then it's usually a good sign. Also get to know him properly before you sign the marriage contract.
Original post by RosyPearl
Find out what his ambitions in life are, what kind of responsibilities does he have, find out more about his job, is he independent? If he is serious about this then it's usually a good sign. Also get to know him properly before you sign the marriage contract.

Ohhh my god. A guy is coming to meet me on Sunday for the first time, I'm really nervous. Will he expect me to be nervous, I'm so scared.
Ohhh my god. A guy is coming to meet me on Sunday for the first time, I'm really nervous. Will he expect me to be nervous, I'm so scared.

Lol my rishta was meant to be coming this sunday too, but changed to next week fos they have a wedding :tongue:
Just ask him questions to get an idea of what he's like and if you'll be compatible

For example;

What are your hobbies?
How do you like to spend your free time?
Hopes for the future?
How big is your dick?
What kind of music are you into?
Original post by Lord Samosa
Just ask him questions to get an idea of what he's like and if you'll be compatible

For example;

What are your hobbies?
How do you like to spend your free time?
Hopes for the future?
How big is your dick?
What kind of music are you into?

Okayy thanks, but I would never ask the fourth question.
Lol my rishta was meant to be coming this sunday too, but changed to next week fos they have a wedding :tongue:

So your gonna be his second wife? nice, just a hole for his dick

Oh cool :smile: let me know how it goes. At least we're in the same boat, lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending