The Student Room Group

Mouse in kitchen. I'm ready but need a bit of support...

I've had a mouse in my kitchen for a week. I'm terrified. I got to B&Q for their opening and bought a pack of 2 mouse traps which I promised myself I would do tonight.
I know this might make me sound like a complete WIMP but I am so scared/nervous.
Earlier I put a little bit of peanut butter (suggested best bait to put in traps) on the side of range cooker which has since vanished so I know it/they like the taste.
Please don't take the *iss out of me as I am really quite scared. I dunno why. It's not like I'm 'squeamish'. I've seen two post mortems and been involved - 65 yr old guy and 8 day old baby.
I'm just feeling very tense and heart beating fast. I need to set the two traps with peanut butter before I go to bed. It's gone 0020 now but I want to do it and go to bed by 0100. Just need a little support please. PLEASE don't reply to this and take the mickey out of me or maker feel worse than I do already.
Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Do it and get it over and done with. Are they humane traps?
Reply 2
Just kill it. Talking about it online won't get rid of it.
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies. I know chitty chatting about it won't sort the problem. I was just looking for a bit of a boost to help/support me.
I could have posted 'Anon' but chose not to.
Yeah, that completely exposes me as a person who is having a bit of a difficult time and if I say that I'm really emotional right now (very tearful) I don't think that makes me a bad or weak person but hey ho. 👀
Original post by Drez999
Thanks for the replies. I know chitty chatting about it won't sort the problem. I was just looking for a bit of a boost to help/support me.
I could have posted 'Anon' but chose not to.
Yeah, that completely exposes me as a person who is having a bit of a difficult time and if I say that I'm really emotional right now (very tearful) I don't think that makes me a bad or weak person but hey ho. 👀

Mice aren't my favourite things but they're actually quite cute. Just do it quickly and get it done, then go to bed in the knowledge the situation has been dealt with.
[video="youtube;dHwPYze5M9s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwPYze5M9s[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm sorry to hear this. :smile: <3 You don't sound like a "wimp" at all, I'm sure nobody here thinks that, dw. :h: If it's of any reassurance, I'm scared of mice too and if I were in your situation I wouldn't be able to deal with it one bit so you're actually being quite brave rn. Well done. :smile:

Good luck! - You can do it. :biggrin:

Just breathe.. then launch. O_O :eek2:

Keep telling yourself that it's probably more scared of you than you are of it. :yep:

Edit: Let us know once you've sorted it out! We believe in you. :five:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by PurplePixie96
Mice aren't my favourite things but they're actually quite cute. Just do it quickly and get it done, then go to bed in the knowledge the situation has been dealt with.

Thanks. I know you are right in what you say.
I have no idea why I'm so pensive. I know it is logical and sensible to just get on with it but very (stupidly?) strangely I'm nervous about setting the traps.
If I was on 'the other side' I would probably be thinking (if not actually saying) get a grip ya f*in idiot! Lol 😎
Reply 8
Scream, shout, jump, do whatever you have to to calm down your nerves.
Reply 9
Original post by Anon_98
I'm sorry to hear this. :smile: <3 You don't sound like a "wimp" at all, I'm sure nobody here thinks that, dw. :h: If it's of any reassurance, I'm scared of mice too and if I were in your situation I wouldn't be able to deal with it one bit so you're actually being quite brave rn. Well done. :smile:

Good luck! - You can do it. :biggrin:

Just breathe.. then launch. O_O :eek2:

Keep telling yourself that it's probably more scared of you than you are of it. :yep:

Edit: Let us know once you've sorted it out! We believe in you. :five:

Wow.
Thanks.
That's boosted me.
Can't believe I'm crying like a 5 year old left at school for 1st time. Lol
I'm gonna log off and try and breathe properly and hopefully crack on.
Thank you ❤️😎
Why don't you call the exterminators or whatever they're called. The guys who deal with pests
Original post by Mr Hyde(r)
Why don't you call the exterminators or whatever they're called. The guys who deal with pests

The... the mods? :K:
Original post by Drez999
Wow.
Thanks.
That's boosted me.
Can't believe I'm crying like a 5 year old left at school for 1st time. Lol
I'm gonna log off and try and breathe properly and hopefully crack on.
Thank you ❤️😎

I'm so glad I managed to help! :'33

I don't blame you for crying tbh. :hare:

You're most welcome. - sounds good. Goodnight, hope you sleep well after taking care of things. :'3
Do you have housemates who cna do it or live alone? get a friend who isnt scared to come and do it for you. Id suggest you really need to find out whats attracting them and where they are getting in becayse killing one or two wont do any good if they keep coming back. Ratatouille
Reply 14
No idea if Mssr le Mousey Mouse had any eyes on me nor that I was just doing a reccy in kitchen. Don't care. I was brave (for me) and placed the two traps in optimum places.
The scene is secure. As am I now.
I'm in lounge room secure. Heart beating fast but I'm cool. Ish!!!!
Turned TV up loud cos I don't want to hear anything if the melting peanut butter is gobbled. Phew. I'm a bloody wimp! 😎
:rofl:
You're definitely not a wimp, because I usually call wimps mouses.

You're a sissy
Reply 17
I've just come back from kitchen. The little beautiful grey mouse is dead in the trap. Tiny little man. Tiny eyes. Just hope he died quickly. I'm pleased I don't have to worry any more. Or be uber stressed. That makes sense and is logical for me. What isn't is me feeling guilty and crying warm silent rivers.
And there was me thinking I was a 'butch guy'. Hmmm😎
Reply 18
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
You're definitely not a wimp, because I usually call wimps mouses.

You're a sissy

Define 'sissy' please matey.
Original post by Drez999
I've just come back from kitchen. The little beautiful grey mouse is dead in the trap. Tiny little man. Tiny eyes. Just hope he died quickly. I'm pleased I don't have to worry any more. Or be uber stressed. That makes sense and is logical for me. What isn't is me feeling guilty and crying warm silent rivers.
And there was me thinking I was a 'butch guy'. Hmmm😎

That mouse wasn't gangster if he got caught so quick.

Quick Reply

Latest