The Student Room Group

Guys why is it so weird for you to see your sister...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
He's just being protective. I don't do this if I see my sister chatting to a guy, but each time I've met a bf of hers NGL I've always used a bit of subtle physical intimidation just to send a message like "You do my sister wrong, you're in trouble" :lol: So he might be doing a bit of that.

I do this ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xobeauty
You are so lucky oh my gosh:redface:
What a huge age gap.

Haha yeah, hopefully having a much older big brother can help her in future.
He wants you.
Original post by Hirsty97
Because we're guys and we know what guys are like lol

So what are guys like then?
Original post by WoodyMKC
He's just being protective. I don't do this if I see my sister chatting to a guy, but each time I've met a bf of hers NGL I've always used a bit of subtle physical intimidation just to send a message like "You do my sister wrong, you're in trouble" :lol: So he might be doing a bit of that.

Awww at 'You do my sister wrong, you're in trouble':h:
Original post by BrokenLife

we're good, usually :u:
Intimidating potential boyfriends is hardwired into us for a few reasons. We want the boyfriend to know that our sisters are cared for and they shouldn't dare break our little sisters hearts, and we also want to assess that they have the ability to do the same in standing up for her. It's not something I do consciously but it has been noticed that I become standoffish when my sister talks to guys. Or at least used to. Now I just ridicule them (jokingly, of course; Banter) and appear gregarious and friendly. My sister seems to prefer it so I don't mind busting boyfriends balls like this instead.
My older brother used to be protective like that. If he saw a guy a looking at me he'd shout out something along the lines of ''ay man that's my little sister '' and the guy would get scared lmao.
Original post by BrokenLife
Some are genuine but there's always the proportion that will try to use a girl for sex/generally be disrespectful basically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending