The Student Room Group

What shall I do?

Hello TSR,

I have shot myself in the foot. I have left everything too late. I am currently doing A2 Maths, Physics and Computing. I have barely learnt the content, I just did my mocks and failed all of them.

I am stressing immensely. I haven't don't practice for Maths, and haven't learnt the content for Computing yet. Physics I work hard but am getting nowhere.

Would 2 months left to the exams be enough to improve or shall I give up?
It's not too late.

If you work about 6 hours a day, not including breaks, you can do really well.

Know all the content? Start with exam papers, mark, see where you went wrong and set that as a target for the next paper you attempt. If otherwise, try and cover all content as soon as possible. Understand it to the best of your ability and do past papers.

2 months is enough.

Don't give up, keep going! You can do it. :jumphug:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by herbertrebi
Hello TSR,

I have shot myself in the foot. I have left everything too late. I am currently doing A2 Maths, Physics and Computing. I have barely learnt the content, I just did my mocks and failed all of them.

I am stressing immensely. I haven't don't practice for Maths, and haven't learnt the content for Computing yet. Physics I work hard but am getting nowhere.

Would 2 months left to the exams be enough to improve or shall I give up?

Yes it's enough time. You should create a revision plan (timetable or whatever works for you), and start doing past papers. I would recommend using Physics and Maths tutor (it has lots of notes, and practice questions), ExamSolutions (Maths tutorials), AKLectures and even Boundless.

What I usually do is I get a blank paper, go through my books all over again, then go on to YouTube to watch tutorials and bullet point key points. I then take a 10min break and do questions for 30mins or longer.

More resource links for Physics here
Reply 3
Original post by undercxver
It's not too late.

If you work about 6 hours a day, not including breaks, you can do really well.

Know all the content? Start with exam papers, mark, see where you went wrong and set that as a target for the next paper you attempt. If otherwise, try and cover all content as soon as possible. Understand it to the best of your ability and do past papers.

2 months is enough.

Don't give up, keep going! You can do it. :jumphug:

Spoiler

I will do past papers as soon as possible once I've read through the content. And for your friend wouldn't he have had 8 exams? Thats 18 weeks of revision.
I will do past papers as soon as possible once I've read through the content. And for your friend wouldn't he have had 8 exams? Thats 18 weeks of revision.

Whoops, I didn't word that so well.

So suppose his exam started 14th of May, he started revision on the 1st of May and just worked his way through like that.
Reply 5
Original post by kkboyk
Yes it's enough time. You should create a revision plan (timetable or whatever works for you), and start doing past papers. I would recommend using Physics and Maths tutor (it has lots of notes, and practice questions), ExamSolutions (Maths tutorials), AKLectures and even Boundless.

What I usually do is I get a blank paper, go through my books all over again, then go on to YouTube to watch tutorials and bullet point key points. I then take a 10min break and do questions for 30mins or longer.

More resource links for Physics here

I will start doing maths past papers and follow ExamSolutions, for Physics Ill try doing what your doing and see if it works. Thank you.
Reply 6
Whoops, I didn't word that so well.

So suppose his exam started 14th of May, he started revision on the 1st of May and just worked his way through like that.

Wow. That is impressive. Then again Maths is just practice (which I haven't done), Chemistry was probably the hardest.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow. That is impressive. Then again Maths is just practice (which I haven't done), Chemistry was probably the hardest.

Yeah, he told he he did approximately 14 papers a day.

40 mins doing a paper

10 mins marking

10 mins break

Then a long break if he needed one.

Don't remind yourself that a subject is hard, tell yourself you can do it!

My motivation is opening that envelope on results day. :colonhash:
Reply 8
Yeah, he told he he did approximately 14 papers a day.

40 mins doing a paper

10 mins marking

10 mins break

Then a long break if he needed one.

Don't remind yourself that a subject is hard, tell yourself you can do it!

My motivation is opening that envelope on results day. :colonhash:

Literally ridiculous. I only have 3 maths exams, so I have access to about 30 papers or so. If I did 6 a day (following that plan as I have done papers in 40 minutes before) thats 5 days for maths. Thing are seeming more promising now. It's just Physics that worries me the most. Computing I can cram :colondollar:
Literally ridiculous. I only have 3 maths exams, so I have access to about 30 papers or so. If I did 6 a day (following that plan as I have done papers in 40 minutes before) thats 5 days for maths. Thing are seeming more promising now. It's just Physics that worries me the most. Computing I can cram :colondollar:

Which maths exams are you doing? Is it Edexcel?

It might seem ridiculous but it's such an effective method, you just got to get your head stuck into it. Don't forget breaks though because they are key.

Omg no don't consider cramming at such a stage where you have plenty of time to revise. :no:

Physics is about past papers to right? Not too sure how that will work.

I suggest you make a study timetable and follow that. Or if you can't stick to a timetable like me then make a to-do list for each week and be sure to complete it before the week is over. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest