The Student Room Group

She's coming to visit me abroad. Does she secretly fancy me?

Hey Student room

I want to know your opinions on this please. I'm not too good at forums so hope you understand what I'm saying.

Okay so I'm currently working on a placement abroad in France for a few months, until November. This was done through my university when I was living in my uni town but moved back to my hometown when I graduated last October, waiting until January for my placement which is only available to certain graduates but I was lucky enough to get one.

Over the time when I was at uni I was best friends with a girl who lived in the same accommodation corridor as me, sharing kitchen and living areas. I made a rule to myself never to have sex or try it on with any girl I'm living with so when I met my friend I told her this. We got to know each other extremely well over the 2 years I lived her (met in my 2nd year), we would hang out like normal friends hook up with other people. What we did have in common was going out on the pull so when we would go out to clubs we would be each other's wing man/woman. It was just a really good girl and guy friendship.

I asked her what she thought of me before, she said thought I was very handsome, if I asked how I looked she wouldn't answer the question, say no or change to how I thought how she looked.

Like I said I moved back to my hometown after uni so I haven't seen her face to face since I left. She would text and Facebook me see how I was. She was really happy for me about my placement in France, she said I won't see much of you this year that she misses me a lot. She asked if she could come see later this summer.

This means a lot to me that she want travel all the way to see me. It got me thinking she has to fancy me, why would travel all way to hang out with a guy. It's just a little box room that I'm renting with the smallest bed, I explained she would have to share, she said she's fine with it.

I do kind of fancy her but I'm so confused if she fancies me or not so I don't want to make a move and ruin our good friendship. I've done it before so I don't want to keep doing it.

I hope you understand this. I would love your advice please. What does she want? Should I try again?
Maybe start some casual flirting to test the water?
She may well do, but we don't know for definite. It may be that she sees you as a friend and so wants to visit you and see Paris at the same time. You may as well go for it and see what happens - you'll never know if you don't try.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey Student room

I want to know your opinions on this please. I'm not too good at forums so hope you understand what I'm saying.

Okay so I'm currently working on a placement abroad in France for a few months, until November. This was done through my university when I was living in my uni town but moved back to my hometown when I graduated last October, waiting until January for my placement which is only available to certain graduates but I was lucky enough to get one.

Over the time when I was at uni I was best friends with a girl who lived in the same accommodation corridor as me, sharing kitchen and living areas. I made a rule to myself never to have sex or try it on with any girl I'm living with so when I met my friend I told her this. We got to know each other extremely well over the 2 years I lived her (met in my 2nd year), we would hang out like normal friends hook up with other people. What we did have in common was going out on the pull so when we would go out to clubs we would be each other's wing man/woman. It was just a really good girl and guy friendship.

I asked her what she thought of me before, she said thought I was very handsome, if I asked how I looked she wouldn't answer the question, say no or change to how I thought how she looked.

Like I said I moved back to my hometown after uni so I haven't seen her face to face since I left. She would text and Facebook me see how I was. She was really happy for me about my placement in France, she said I won't see much of you this year that she misses me a lot. She asked if she could come see later this summer.

This means a lot to me that she want travel all the way to see me. It got me thinking she has to fancy me, why would travel all way to hang out with a guy. It's just a little box room that I'm renting with the smallest bed, I explained she would have to share, she said she's fine with it.

I do kind of fancy her but I'm so confused if she fancies me or not so I don't want to make a move and ruin our good friendship. I've done it before so I don't want to keep doing it.

I hope you understand this. I would love your advice please. What does she want? Should I try again?

I think you are in there!
awww this sounds so romantic !! i am sure that l'amour will blossom for you this time :h:
Reply 5
I'd use you for the free accommodation too
Reply 6
Way I see it there are two likely things:

She gets to see France and not pay for accommodation

She has a thing for you

Probably a bit of both
Reply 7
In Paris there are two lakes which are very well known. One has rowing boats for rent. Go there with her and row away, chat and learn things.
Eat strawberries and drink sparkling white wine. Open your heart and see where it takes you.
Good luck.
She wants ya
Possibly. I recently went to visit a friend abroad who I don't fancy.
Go get her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:wink:
Original post by Andy98
Way I see it there are two likely things:

She gets to see France and not pay for accommodation

She has a thing for you

Probably a bit of both
Bang on the head.

The one, the only Andy.
It depends, if you want more than friendship you could test the waters with flirting and see, but there's also a possibility you could ruin the friendship by making it awkward or more than what it was.
See if she gives any hints,is she sending Good Morning/night messages?Watch a romantic movie with her and observe her behavior.(The last one works pretty well).
Reply 14
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Bang on the head.

The one, the only Andy.

You're welcome :wink:
The cynic in me can't help thinking that if nothing happened after two years of living together it's probably not going to happen now but if you do like her you may as well go for it. It's true that you're risking the friendship but to be honest once you've left uni it's likely you'll drift apart anyway. When you meet her give her a kiss - if she seems surprised explain that this is the done thing in France - and see where things go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending