The Student Room Group

Is a 9 year age gap too big?

A few months ago I met a woman who is 9 years older than me and is a mum to a 5 year old, I'm she's 31, we hit it off straight away we and both admitted that we have a connection when we talk. She was married at the time and I quickly realised that I really like her but I never said anything. Anyway just after Christmas she told me that her and and husband had seperated but they only stayed together over Christmas for the sake of the kid and I was kind of there as a shoulder to cry on and I noticed after that the way she talked to me changed, she was getting flirty and giving me compliments about the way I look which she hadn't done before.

In the past few months we haven't spoken as much do to us both being really busy but when we have spoken she's said she's missed talking to me, we also live nearly 2 hours away from each other so meeting up isn't easy so we speak on skype and Facebook and things like that.

What should I do? Should I tell her that I like her even though there is such a big age gap?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I vote go for it
Reply 2
I wouldn't tell her you liked her, I may be captain sceptical here but it could be she's just looking for a bit on the side.
Unfortunately for you most people who say they only stayed with their partners for the kids sake continue to do so.
Reply 3
who is 31 you or her?
Reply 4
Original post by jmcwitch
I wouldn't tell her you liked her, I may be captain sceptical here but it could be she's just looking for a bit on the side.
Unfortunately for you most people who say they only stayed with their partners for the kids sake continue to do so.

They have separated now though, her husband has moved out.
Reply 5
Original post by M14B
who is 31 you or her?

She's 31 I'm 22
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
She's 31 I'm 22

Of course 100% your choice but I would not go for it.
Reply 7
Original post by M14B
Of course 100% your choice but I would not go for it.

Can I ask why not?
Reply 8
Can I ask why not?

Different levels of maturity and life experiences
age is not an issue honey
gizelle xox
Original post by M14B
Different levels of maturity and life experiences

Maybe we have different life experiences but she has admitted that she thinks I'm rather mature she says I act like someone who is in my late 20's.
They have separated now though, her husband has moved out.

Has he actually or is she just telling you that? I'm probably sounding like an Arse here but people lie
Reply 12
Maybe we have different life experiences but she has admitted that she thinks I'm rather mature she says I act like someone who is in my late 20's.

You asked for opinions.
This is my opinion which may well be wrong in this specific case.
Original post by jmcwitch
Has he actually or is she just telling you that? I'm probably sounding like an Arse here but people lie

He has moved out.
Original post by Gizellefriel
age is not an issue honey
gizelle xox

So you think I should tell her? I would like to make a go of things but I am bothered about what she and others might think about the age gap.
Go and play step-daddy then.
9 years is a big difference. She's got a kid and your probably just out of uni or something. You need someone who you can live your 20s with whilst they are young too and shes gone past that stage. Anyone who says 'age isnt an issue' is deluded.

The oldest i would go for is 26 or 27 but that is pushing it
Your story resembles Miranda Kerr and Evan Spiegel's story.They both have a big age gap too.In my opinion start some casual flirting to test the water. If the result's positive then definitely go for it!
Can anyone else offer any advice or opinions?
I think you're getting yourself into a messy situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending