The Student Room Group

Is Smoking CLASSY?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fr0sr_
Because the working class are stereotypically uneducated and thick. and thus it doesn't seem to hit home that they're literally paying to die early, or have a less healthy life.

Erm what are you talking about? The working class are not like that at all. You're talking about lower/underclass.

Anyway people from all classes smoke so idk what you're talking about.
I get why you might think it is... Probably the way it's represented in films and things they make it a bit dark and dirty/sexy.

But no rub your eyes mate it's gross.
Reply 22
Original post by M14B
Salary under say £50,000

Most would consider that very much middle class.
Original post by M14B
Non white collar job
Salary under say £50,000

You're unbelievable you conservative pillock!
Original post by GeorgeB16
You stupid breeder - don't be so stereotypical !

Never said that it was true, merely that it's the stereotypical view of many.
Original post by fr0sr_
Never said that it was true, merely that it's the stereotypical view of many.

Don't try and reverse this around, you wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't agree with part/all of it
Original post by GeorgeB16
Don't try and reverse this around, you wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't agree with part/all of it

I'm not.
I agree with it in part, but maybe not in it's entirety. :biggrin:
Reply 27
If it's a cigar - yes.
smoking is a mug's game
no you Should never smoke if you want to intoxicate your body which can kill you. E cigarettes actually have half of the bad stuff normal cigarettes have and if you do shisha that is really bad for you as well it's actually worse than normal cigarettes
Original post by Novascope
Erm what are you talking about? The working class are not like that at all. You're talking about lower/underclass.

Anyway people from all classes smoke so idk what you're talking about.

Yes they are, and no I am not. - They, of course would be included if we're being pedantic about it.

Of course they do, but I guess even rich people can be idiotic too - The majority of wealthy people I know don't smoke though.
Original post by fr0sr_
Yes they are, and no I am not. - They, of course would be included if we're being pedantic about it.

Of course they do, but I guess even rich people can be idiotic too - The majority of wealthy people I know don't smoke though.

No they're really not. Because I would be considered working class and I'm definitely not "uneducated and thick." I go to university and I work. Everyone I grew up with and went to school with were working class and many are incredibly intelligent and talented.

Sounds to me like someone's got a little superiority complex... "The majority of wealthy people I know." Yeah sure...
No they're really not. Because I would be considered working class and I'm definitely not "uneducated and thick." I go to university and I work. Everyone I grew up with and went to school with were working class and many are incredibly intelligent and talented.

Sounds to me like someone's got a little superiority complex... "The majority of wealthy people I know." Yeah sure...

If you actually read what I said above instead of jumping to conclusions, I didn't say that I agreed with the statement entirely, so I've never said that ALL x class are "uneducated and thick" - maybe this supports my statement?

Not at all, I'm far from working class, though. :h:
Original post by fr0sr_
If you actually read what I said above instead of jumping to conclusions, I didn't say that I agreed with the statement entirely, so I've never said that ALL x class are "uneducated and thick" - maybe this supports my statement?

Not at all, I'm far from working class, though. :h:

Hmm you never said ALL but you also never said SOME or A FEW. So it sounds like you are making a generalisation. Otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered commenting on your ignorant post :h:

Yeah I'm sure you are darling.
Hmm you never said ALL but you also never said SOME or A FEW. So it sounds like you are making a generalisation. Otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered commenting on your ignorant post :h:

Yeah I'm sure you are darling.

It may be a minor generalisation, but it's not an incorrect one. :u:

Sure am, someone seems a tad bitter. :h:
Original post by fr0sr_
It may be a minor generalisation, but it's not an incorrect one. :u:

Sure am, someone seems a tad bitter. :h:

It very much so is an incorrect one.

No I'm not bitter. I just don't tolerate people who are so far up their own arse and think they know everything. The way you're speaking is as if you believe only the middle and upper class are able to be educated and intelligent. If you had an ounce of intelligence you'd know that's not true.

You may be born into a middle/upper class, but it doesn't automatically come with common sense (your case) :h:
Ew.
I'd say the only kind of smoking that has any kind of class left is cigars.
Other than that no.

When someone says 'smoking' I don't picture Audrey Hepburn and a cigarette holder pinup.
I picture blokes with rough voices hiding in the rain desperate for a fag, or some hipster 'rebellious' student trying to badly form a rollie in their neon get up.

No I'm not bitter. I just don't tolerate people who are so far up their own arse and think they know everything. The way you're speaking is as if you believe only the middle and upper class are able to be educated and intelligent. If you had an ounce of intelligence you'd know that's not true.

You may be born into a middle/upper class, but it doesn't automatically come with common sense (your case) :h:

PRSOM

Now who's making generalisations? :wink: We've only had one little conversation? :wink:
You're reverting back to your working class pleb-tier roots with those sort of statements, Novascope. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest