The Student Room Group

IS VAPING HEALTHY & WHY? please answer A.S.A.P

Can someone please explain if whether or not vaping is healthy and why?
Original post by mahmoud786
Can someone please explain if whether or not vaping is healthy and why?

As it contains an addictive substance i would argue it isn't necessarily healthy.
Original post by claireestelle
As it contains an addictive substance i would argue it isn't necessarily healthy.

I thought that you could get "vape juice" (is that what its called? :biggrin:) that didn't contain nicotine, and thus meant it wasn't addictive?

Don't take my word as gospel though, non-smoker so I'm not well versed on the ins and outs of it.
Original post by fr0sr_
I thought that you could get "vape juice" (is that what its called? :biggrin:) that didn't contain nicotine, and thus meant it wasn't addictive?

Don't take my word as gospel though, non-smoker so I'm not well versed on the ins and outs of it.

I've never heard of those (not a smoker either) but i would generally be worried about what was in whatever someone was vaping as they haven't necessarily conducted as many tests on it as they would have on cigarettes.
Reply 4
Short answer, noone really knows...
The fact that at one point noone knew smoking caused cancer would be more than enough to put me off it if I was interested, but I don't see the point in it anyway.
Original post by claireestelle
I've never heard of those (not a smoker either) but i would generally be worried about what was in whatever someone was vaping as they haven't necessarily conducted as many tests on it as they would have on cigarettes.

Alot, if not all flavours you get off of ebay/amazon contain 0 nicotine for legal purposes. You can also go into a shop to get 0 nicotine flavours.

I dont think inhaling anything one shouldnt is healthy. but I smoke/vape so I cant really talk.

Iv been vaping to try and stop smoking. I sort of see it as the best alternative.
We're doing research on vaping and at the moment it isn't looking any healthier than smoking. We have tested nicotine free vape solutions as well and they aren't much different to ones containing nicotine.

On a side note, if you live in London and vape we'd love to hear from you to help with our research :smile:
There really isn't enough evidence about the long-term effects of vaping at the minute. Our lungs are only really designed to inhale air, so any substance other than that is arguably unhealthy. Many e-liquids are also very toxic in contact with skin, so are probably not great to have in contact with your mucous membranes. On the other hand, you aren't ingesting all the tar and carbon monoxide etc., so it's possible that vaping is the lesser of two evils, but to give you a real answer we would need to know more about the actual effects that the chemicals in e-liquids have on the body when inhaled.
Reply 8
“E-cigarettes contain nicotine," he told me, "which can lead circulation problems and heart disease.
"Some have also been found to emit formaldehyde, which is a carcinogenic.”

(source)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending