The Student Room Group

I dunno why but I feel weird going town alone does anybody else feel the same?

Like I do go alone, but prefer to be with someone

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It fine with someone or alone for me.
Reply 2
I usually have a specific purpose for heading into town, so no, doesn't fell weird at all if I'm alone :cute:
Yeh I kind of would feel weird going in to town alone, don't think I have ever been alone.
Reply 4
Original post by -CarpeDiem-
Yeh I kind of would feel weird going in to town alone, don't think I have ever been alone.

I feel you lol. Like I don't mind going alone, I've been quite a lot of times tbh. It just feels weird all the people looking at you lol

Original post by Alexion
I usually have a specific purpose for heading into town, so no, doesn't fell weird at all if I'm alone :cute:

What purpose? :P

Original post by M14B
It fine with someone or alone for me.

That's good
Doesn't bother me, also this just reminded me there's market in town today!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonbabes
What purpose? :P

To go buy a particular thing, get a haircut, see a movie (yes I do that alone occasionally)... :yep:

same with me I guess. I hate going out by myself to see a film or to eat in a restaurant but otherwise ok
I wouldn't mind going for shopping or like a haircut alone, but something like seeing a movie or going to the pub alone is pretty lame, wouldn't do.
Reply 9
Original post by Alexion
To go buy a particular thing, get a haircut, see a movie (yes I do that alone occasionally)... :yep:

I need to start going to the cinemas alone. I wanna love my own company lol........

I was wondering if you're at uni, what course are you doing??
I need to start going to the cinemas alone. I wanna love my own company lol........

I was wondering if you're at uni, what course are you doing??

Nah, still in Y13 :colondollar: will be doing EE at So'ton tho (hopefully)
Reply 11
Original post by Dinasaurus
I wouldn't mind going for shopping or like a haircut alone, but something like seeing a movie or going to the pub alone is pretty lame, wouldn't do.

True, unless the other person has better fashion sense than me I wouldn't mind shopping alone.
Reply 12
Original post by Alexion
Nah, still in Y13 :colondollar: will be doing EE at So'ton tho (hopefully)

OH MY I just realised I am in year 13 too lol. :tongue:.

Oooooooooo EE stands for Electrical engineering? Interesting...

So'ton?? Never heard of that :colondollar:
True, unless the other person has better fashion sense than me I wouldn't mind shopping alone.

I don't think that usually matters for me, but I'm not the kind of person who browses for shopping. I literally just find, oh this shop sells x item. Go to shop buy item, go home.
I actually prefer going by myself :tongue:

I feel weird too, haha. Especially because I'm usually heading to the mall (shopping centre is what they call it in the UK?), and it feels strange shopping for stuff on my own.
OH MY I just realised I am in year 13 too lol. :tongue:.

Oooooooooo EE stands for Electrical engineering? Interesting...

So'ton?? Never heard of that :colondollar:

Electronic Engineering, yeah :yep:

So'ton is just a contraction of Southampton haha :h:
Original post by BookBird
heading to the mall (shopping centre is what they call it in the UK?)

'Shopping centre' is such a **** term isn't it... 'the mall' sounds so much more exciting :cute:
Reply 18
Original post by Dinasaurus
I don't think that usually matters for me, but I'm not the kind of person who browses for shopping. I literally just find, oh this shop sells x item. Go to shop buy item, go home.

Tbh if I ever say I am going shopping it is usually clothes shopping lol

Original post by AthiaKarim
I actually prefer going by myself :tongue:

If only I was like that! When you walk do you like look at your phone or?? Cuz I do that.. it seems weird walking alone in silence, and people just staring at you

Original post by BookBird
I feel weird too, haha. Especially because I'm usually heading to the mall (shopping centre is what they call it in the UK?), and it feels strange shopping for stuff on my own.

Yeah called shopping centre/ town. Yeah lol

Original post by Alexion
Electronic Engineering, yeah :yep:

So'ton is just a contraction of Southampton haha :h:

Oh right... learnt summt new :colondollar:
Reply 19
Original post by Alexion
'Shopping centre' is such a **** term isn't it... 'the mall' sounds so much more exciting :cute:

If someone said the Mall I would literally have an image of something elegant, classy looking town with many restaurants, and good furniture..

:biggrin:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest