The Student Room Group

I dunno why but I feel weird going town alone does anybody else feel the same?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
'Shopping centre' is such a **** term isn't it... 'the mall' sounds so much more exciting :cute:

Yes, it does :< There are quite a few American terms that I still use....
Original post by Anonbabes
Like I do go alone, but prefer to be with someone

I don't like going out alone. I have anxiety and being near big groups of people make me worse. If I have to go alone and I need to do things, then I will. I hate it. I just listen to music and try to relax.
If someone said the Mall I would literally have an image of something elegant, classy looking town with many restaurants, and good furniture..

:biggrin:

Spoiler

If I'm being honest, the first thing I think of is Coconut Mall from Mario Kart :rofl:

Spoiler

If only I was like that! When you walk do you like look at your phone or?? Cuz I do that.. it seems weird walking alone in silence, and people just staring at you

I rarely have my phone out when shopping/walking around the city centre. I just keep my head down lmao or listen to music with my phone in my coat pocket

And people don't really stare at you, and if they do I just politely smile at them! I prefer going on my own because people annoy me when shopping lmao! At least on my own I can think properly without someone down my ear talking nonsense lmao just cba with it
Original post by FaunaWillow
I don't like going out alone. I have anxiety and being near big groups of people make me worse. If I have to go alone and I need to do things, then I will. I hate it. I just listen to music and try to relax.

I have anxiety too lol and being in the city centre makes it so crazy! I get so nervous when shopping and it's really difficult for me to actually purchase things (idek why). That's why I shop strategically, I only go during the week when it's less busy and in the mornings haha!
Do you find yourself doing the same?
Reply 25

Really? Oh right..

Original post by Alexion
If I'm being honest, the first thing I think of is Coconut Mall from Mario Kart :rofl:

Spoiler

LOOOOL wth

Original post by AthiaKarim
I rarely have my phone out when shopping/walking around the city centre. I just keep my head down lmao or listen to music with my phone in my coat pocket

And people don't really stare at you, and if they do I just politely smile at them! I prefer going on my own because people annoy me when shopping lmao! At least on my own I can think properly without someone down my ear talking nonsense lmao just cba with it

Yeah true.. my headphones broke lol so I just feel weird walking alone
I have anxiety too lol and being in the city centre makes it so crazy! I get so nervous when shopping and it's really difficult for me to actually purchase things (idek why). That's why I shop strategically, I only go during the week when it's less busy and in the mornings haha!
Do you find yourself doing the same?
Yeah anything to do with buying etc I find so difficult. I picture myself being a drunkard standing there trying to do something simple (but I know I don't actually do that) haha. Anxiety sucks. I prefer to go to places when they aren't so busy. Which is well, never. Because it's always busy...
Reply 27
It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just shopping then I'm fine but I'd feel weird going to say a pub or bar on my own.
Yeah anything to do with buying etc I find so difficult. I picture myself being a drunkard standing there trying to do something simple (but I know I don't actually do that) haha. Anxiety sucks. I prefer to go to places when they aren't so busy. Which is well, never. Because it's always busy...

Lmao aww

And same, purchasing items is so difficult I can't understand why. My sisters find it so strange so they usually buy the things I need instead lol
And that's true but in the mornings it's usually so dead and quiet! Unless you're shopping at Primark- which seems to be busy 24/7
Tbh if I ever say I am going shopping it is usually clothes shopping lol

Aah yeah, but generally even with clothes shopping, I just shop for specific pieces.
You suffer from "I need somebody to hold my hand EVERYWHERE" syndrome :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
You suffer from "I need somebody to hold my hand EVERYWHERE" syndrome :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, good one, mate. Not everyone is as socially confident as those who are.
I prefer to go on my own. I can therefore can go into the shops i want to go and spend as little time up there as possible!
I spend most of my time in HMV but no one else likes CD's so id rather go on my own!
I dont think its weird tbh. Some people prefer doing things differently to others.
Plus it gets a bit awkward when my OCD kicks in when im with others. Theres a certain shop i cant go in so i have to wait outside and reject all offers to go in!
But yeah i go on my own because its so much easier tbh.
Reply 33
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ermm... Well I usually go alone... so I don't think that.. I think you suffer from "I like to boost my confidence by trying to bring other people down" syndrome

Original post by FireFreezer77
I prefer to go on my own. I can therefore can go into the shops i want to go and spend as little time up there as possible!
I spend most of my time in HMV but no one else likes CD's so id rather go on my own!
I dont think its weird tbh. Some people prefer doing things differently to others.
Plus it gets a bit awkward when my OCD kicks in when im with others. Theres a certain shop i cant go in so i have to wait outside and reject all offers to go in!
But yeah i go on my own because its so much easier tbh.

It's all probably to do with confidence.. I do go ALONE, but the only thing that I have issues with is I feel as if other people are staring at me... Like other people can pop their headphone in, but mines broke lol. I tend to look down at my phone, but wanna stop that....

Like even at college.. when your there early.. I don't wanna look at my phone 24/7 before lesson.
Reply 34
I actually prefer going by myself :tongue:

Me too - I hate going shopping with other people
Original post by Tw1x
Me too - I hate going shopping with other people

High5 :smile:
Original post by BookBird
I feel weird too, haha. Especially because I'm usually heading to the mall (shopping centre is what they call it in the UK?), and it feels strange shopping for stuff on my own.

Hey what anime is the girl from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ARK_REVISES
Hey what anime is the girl from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki :smile:
I like to go alone or with friends but sometimes when I'm in town alone and see so many people hanging out with friends it gets to me a little as I don't see mine enough :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending