The Student Room Group

Do you take the bus at night?

coming back from a nite out?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What is this?
Reply 2
When getting a night bus, it's usually full of equally semi-drunk people who are all equally too broke to just uber it back to their homes. I doubt anyone in that picture even passes the age limit to get into a club!

(Or is this genuinely what night buses are like outside of central?)
Reply 3
Original post by Another
When getting a night bus, it's usually full of equally semi-drunk people who are all equally too broke to just uber it back to their homes. I doubt anyone in that picture even passes the age limit to get into a club!

(Or is this genuinely what night buses are like outside of central?)

there are guys like that in clubs round my area :banana:

Are night buses in Central london safe? :eek:
Reply 4
Original post by Sad Beta
coming back from a nite out?

yes
Reply 5
Hmmm

Fine if you're a guy. Wouldn't fancy sitting on that top deck if I was a woman. :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by stefano865
Hmmm

Fine if you're a guy. Wouldn't fancy sitting on that top deck if I was a woman. :redface:

lol no :tongue:
Reply 7
there are guys like that in clubs round my area :banana:

Are night buses in Central london safe? :eek:

Good grief. You'd be hard pressed to get into even a bar wearing that in Central!

Certainly safer, the streets are pretty good too. You don't find kids roaming around in massive gangs like this.
Reply 8
lol no :tongue:

Why not?

They might take the piss if you were alone but what else?
Reply 9
Original post by Another
Good grief. You'd be hard pressed to get into even a bar wearing that in Central!

Certainly safer, the streets are pretty good too. You don't find kids roaming around in massive gangs like this.

So night buses are safe for women? All my uni friends get taxis :yep:

I feel unsafe being a skinny guy tbh with hoodies :nope:
Just walk straight down head held high no eye contact, if someone talks make polite conversation, don't give them any reason to try anything and that includes allowing them to think you're a wimp they can slap around for entertainment.

If you do get into a fight smack the leader right in the face. Once the big guy goes down the rest just give up.
Reply 11
Why not?

They might take the piss if you were alone but what else?

Getting roughed up/mugged :lol:

the bus driver aint gonna step in :teehee:
So night buses are safe for women? All my uni friends get taxis :yep:

I feel unsafe being a skinny guy tbh with hoodies :nope:

I've never gotten a night bus on my own, it just seems like a daft thing to do (I fall asleep quite easily)

But even with just one other friend, sure it's safe. More often than not though, I don't want to bother with finding a bus stop and waiting half an hour for the damn thing to arrive, so I just get an uber home

I'm a tiny skinny girl. The wonderful thing about this place is, no one cares and everyone leaves you alone :lol:

It's also probably worth noting that my face is 5/10 so no one tries to hit on me
Getting roughed up/mugged :lol:

the bus driver aint gonna step in :teehee:

True.

Maybe I'm naive having grown up in a safe and pretty affluent area of the country.

So are you really saying that being robbed and beaten is an inevitability of sitting on that top deck?
Depends on how you carry yourself.

If you look like an easy target then...:redface:
Reply 15
Original post by Another
I've never gotten a night bus on my own, it just seems like a daft thing to do (I fall asleep quite easily)

But even with just one other friend, sure it's safe. More often than not though, I don't want to bother with finding a bus stop and waiting half an hour for the damn thing to arrive, so I just get an uber home

I'm a tiny skinny girl. The wonderful thing about this place is, no one cares and everyone leaves you alone :lol:

It's also probably worth noting that my face is 5/10 so no one tries to hit on me

Where do you live in Central that people leave you alone at night? (no stalker :P)

Im sure you're not a 5 lol :colondollar:
Reply 16

So are you really saying that being robbed and beaten is an inevitability of sitting on that top deck?

Don't be stupid :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by Kyx
yes

where do you live?
Reply 18
where do you live?

Birmingham
Don't be stupid :rolleyes:

I'm not. :rolleyes:

I still think it depends hugely on how confident you look.

Quick Reply

Latest