The Student Room Group

when do you study best?

Scroll to see replies

If I forget to take my sleeping pill my brain is most active 10pm-2am so I'll say then.
Reply 121
Original post by Andy98
If I forget to take my sleeping pill my brain is most active 10pm-2am so I'll say then.

ouch! id hate that!

Original post by Souljer
Night when I have no early start I dont like studying in the day tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont neither lol
Original post by shawtyb
ouch! id hate that!

Hence the sleeping pills
Reply 123
Original post by Andy98
Hence the sleeping pills

makes sense haha
Original post by shawtyb
makes sense haha

I am more than a pretty face :tongue:
Reply 125
Original post by Andy98
I am more than a pretty face :tongue:

cant even see ur face haha!
Original post by shawtyb
cant even see ur face haha!

Good, cause I'm not even that pretty :rofl:
The only right answer...

2 days before an exam.

SS
Reply 128
Original post by Andy98
Good, cause I'm not even that pretty :rofl:

same :frown:

Original post by Supersaps
The only right answer...

2 days before an exam.

SS

could be worse :/
At night. I become nocturnal during exam season as I'm most productive between about 9pm and 6am.
Afternoon, after a big meal

Posted from TSR Mobile
definaely at 8pm-12am
Always first thing in the morning.
In the morning/early afternoon, which is annoying since I'm not exactly an early bird :colonhash:
An hour before a deadline. Pathetic, but true.

In March I ended up rewriting half of my essay in the library (needed to go there to print my physical copy) an hour or so before the deadline. After proof reading it, and looking back on the article I had to analyse, I noticed a fault in the article itself and felt impelled to point it out in my essay (essentially, the author misused sources- not by accident but with a purpose, which in History that is heresy). To confirm my claim I even brought a contemporary source (written in Latin) that I partially translated, but got the meaning anyway and I conveyed it in my essay, in a witty paragraph written in 5 minutes. Printed the new essay, with updated referencing an biography in that time. I was impressed and also ashamed.
Spent two weeks of writing and reading for that essay like a retard, and I got the spark of nous right then.
Thanks, Hume.

Aside from that example, in between lectures. I have hours between lectures in some days, and I live pretty far off campus. To save time, therefore, I pack myself a hearty lunch and stay in the library or in other study areas until the next lecture. Either that, or in an ancient forest that's a 5 minute walk away from my library. Only when the weather is merciful, though.
Reply 135
Original post by yoda123
Afternoon, after a big meal

Posted from TSR Mobile

id just want to sleep

Original post by Proxenus
definaely at 8pm-12am

me too

Original post by Mackay
Always first thing in the morning.

urgh no

Original post by blackdiamond97
In the morning/early afternoon, which is annoying since I'm not exactly an early bird :colonhash:

haha i am unfortunatly

Original post by LaMandarine
An hour before a deadline. Pathetic, but true.

In March I ended up rewriting half of my essay in the library (needed to go there to print my physical copy) an hour or so before the deadline. After proof reading it, and looking back on the article I had to analyse, I noticed a fault in the article itself and felt impelled to point it out in my essay (essentially, the author misused sources- not by accident but with a purpose, which in History that is heresy). To confirm my claim I even brought a contemporary source (written in Latin) that I partially translated, but got the meaning anyway and I conveyed it in my essay, in a witty paragraph written in 5 minutes. Printed the new essay, with updated referencing an biography in that time. I was impressed and also ashamed.
Spent two weeks of writing and reading for that essay like a retard, and I got the spark of nous right then.
Thanks, Hume.

Aside from that example, in between lectures. I have hours between lectures in some days, and I live pretty far off campus. To save time, therefore, I pack myself a hearty lunch and stay in the library or in other study areas until the next lecture. Either that, or in an ancient forest that's a 5 minute walk away from my library. Only when the weather is merciful, though.

wow thats cutting it close!
dont think id manage all that in one hour!
dont u get cold?
Original post by shawtyb
same :frown:

Prettier than me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
id just want to sleep
wow thats cutting it close!
dont think id manage all that in one hour!
dont u get cold?

It was, not to mention I felt betrayed by the author of that article, as I was mostly agreeing to his points until I realised that, and I ended up saying "traitor" for a couple of minutes until I decided I can still edit it.

It happens to me many times. I generally tend to be indecisive with my own findings, and interpretations. I just feel that no matter how much I read, I don't know enough to make a valid point, and as I read further after finalising a piece of work, I see where I have faults and I go back to it and edit it.

To avoid that, I'm now forcing myself to just send my essays when I'm done with them, and if I had additions/corrections after that, I just write them in a notepad.

Nevertheless, I got my feedback from that essay, and apparently I even surprised my lecturer with my findings :colondollar:.

Cold? You mean in the forest? If so, no. The weather was lovely recently. I generally go in the forest when I have a relaxed study, and I just have a book that I want to read. It feels nice and soothing to be detached from everything (internet particularly) and just submerge in reading. It's also one of the few places where I don't hear people talking about things that make me cringe, so that's a plus.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 138
Original post by LaMandarine
It was, not to mention I felt betrayed by the author of that article, as I was mostly agreeing to his points until I realised that, and I ended up saying "traitor" for a couple of minutes until I decided I can still edit it.

It happens to me many times. I generally tend to be indecisive with my own findings, and interpretations. I just feel that no matter how much I read, I don't know enough to make a valid point, and as I read further after finalising a piece of work, I see where I have faults and I go back to it and edit it.

To avoid that, I'm now forcing myself to just send my essays when I'm done with them, and if I had additions/corrections after that, I just write them in a notepad.

Nevertheless, I got my feedback from that essay, and apparently I even surprised my lecturer with my findings :colondollar:.

Cold? You mean in the forest? If so, no. The weather was lovely recently. I generally go in the forest when I have a relaxed study, and I just have a book that I want to read. It feels nice and soothing to be detached from everything (internet particularly) and just submerge in reading. It's also one of the few places where I don't hear people talking about things that make me cringe, so that's a plus.

im glad you got good results!
has been here too but i tend to get cold whatever the weather :/
Reply 139
before exam

Quick Reply

Latest