The Student Room Group

Do you take the bus at night?

Scroll to see replies

I tend to get the train if I'm leaving before the last one goes, but I've got the bus, too, yes. I live quite a distance away from the city centre so taxis are a last resort. :tongue:

It's important to note, though, that I've had guys who present themselves like in that picture make sure I'm looked after and as safe as possible in this kind of scenario. It's almost as if how a person presents themselves does not determine their personality. :holmes:
Out to the N47 and N3 mandem; roll safe, yeah!
Reply 22
Original post by acupofgreentea
I tend to get the train if I'm leaving before the last one goes, but I've got the bus, too, yes. I live quite a distance away from the city centre so taxis are a last resort. :tongue:

It's important to note, though, that I've had guys who present themselves like in that picture make sure I'm looked after and as safe as possible in this kind of scenario. It's almost as if how a person presents themselves does not determine their personality. :holmes:

Yh not stereotyping lol, some groups of uni students have bothered my female friends so not about class all the time. Some people are probably more likely to carry knives etc though, and if in a group it doesn't matter how big you are.. my 6 ft bouncer friends have been roughed up a few times by gangs :eek:
Original post by Sad Beta
Where do you live in Central that people leave you alone at night? (no stalker :P)

Im sure you're not a 5 lol :colondollar:

Most of my journeys are from Shoreditch to London Bridge. So yeah, in that belt, no one approaches you! (Except L-Bridge, quite a few beggars)
Which is slightly frustrating on a night out, if you enjoy meeting new people. If you approach someone, people assume that you're either seconds away from black out drunk, or you're trying to hit on them. Ffs.

Fine, maybe 5.5 to 6 with makeup on. I'm not being harsh or fishing for compliments, I genuinely know what my face looks like lol

Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad

That 6 hour journey from Trafalgar square to St Mary Cray tho.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad

Reply 25
Original post by Another
Most of my journeys are from Shoreditch to London Bridge. So yeah, in that belt, no one approaches you! (Except L-Bridge, quite a few beggars)
Which is slightly frustrating on a night out, if you enjoy meeting new people. If you approach someone, people assume that you're either seconds away from black out drunk, or you're trying to hit on them. Ffs.

Fine, maybe 5.5 to 6 with makeup on. I'm not being harsh or fishing for compliments, I genuinely know what my face looks like lol.

Is it mostly hipsters on your bus? :lol:

I dont think guys mind if girls try to hit on them tbh, but its different from up North yh

OK :colondollar:
after 6pm, i wouldnt ever sit at the top deck of the bus. have had some pretty strange and frightening experiences there.

but altogether, even being downstairs on the bus, you will still encounter weird strange people lmao

if i was with someone or a male, i would probably feel a little more comfortable though.
Reply 27
Original post by AthiaKarim
after 6pm, i wouldnt ever sit at the top deck of the bus. have had some pretty strange and frightening experiences there.

but altogether, even being downstairs on the bus, you will still encounter weird strange people lmao

if i was with someone or a male, i would probably feel a little more comfortable though.

what happened? :eek:
Original post by Another
That 6 hour journey from Trafalgar square to St Mary Cray tho.

The pain is real. Thank Christ I get off before then though!

:lol::lol:
what happened? :eek:

one that freaked me out was when i was at the top, the guy in front turned around and kept staring at me. he started talking in gibberish, so i looked away. then he started reaching out for my face- im quite passive and dont like to create a scene- so i just tried to move lol it was really scary

another time was when a guy behind me kept tapping my shoulder, like constantly. it started to hurt too. again- scared to say anything in case they got violent.

and another time which makes me so sick i dont even want to describe what happened but it resulted in me just getting off the bus and walking home [even more scary was that the person also got off the bus and tried to follow me yikes but i lost them]
Is it mostly hipsters on your bus? :lol:

I dont think guys mind if girls try to hit on them tbh, but its different from up North yh

OK :colondollar:

6.5ft tall hipsters. All of them. They all look so cool, it's kind of intimidating. And then there's little tiny me :lol:

If you approach a guy at any time, he thinks you are trying to hit on him. Which either results in an over-the-top "rejection", or they expect to have sex with you by the end of the night. I just wanna dance. Herein lies the problem.
And, of course, other girls are just too cool to talk to a non-hipster stranger like you. Nuh-uh. They stay in their own circles.
Reply 31
one that freaked me out was when i was at the top, the guy in front turned around and kept staring at me. he started talking in gibberish, so i looked away. then he started reaching out for my face- im quite passive and dont like to create a scene- so i just tried to move lol it was really scary

another time was when a guy behind me kept tapping my shoulder, like constantly. it started to hurt too. again- scared to say anything in case they got violent.

and another time which makes me so sick i dont even want to describe what happened but it resulted in me just getting off the bus and walking home [even more scary was that the person also got off the bus and tried to follow me yikes but i lost them]

Omg sorry some men are pigs :eek: :puke:

IMO bus security is ****
Omg sorry some men are pigs :eek: :puke:

IMO bus security is ****

yeah they are haha but ofc not all men! even waiting for the bus to come something will happen lol
Reply 33
Original post by Another
6.5ft tall hipsters. All of them. They all look so cool, it's kind of intimidating. And then there's little tiny me :lol:

If you approach a guy at any time, he thinks you are trying to hit on him. Which either results in an over-the-top "rejection", or they expect to have sex with you by the end of the night. I just wanna dance. Herein lies the problem.
And, of course, other girls are just too cool to talk to a non-hipster stranger like you. Nuh-uh. They stay in their own circles.

Do you go clubbing in Shoreditch at the electro music gigs then?

Ive never seen a guy reject a girl in an over the top way. Sounds effeminate lol.

Hipster girls can be bitchy :lol:
Reply 34
yeah they are haha but ofc not all men! even waiting for the bus to come something will happen lol

Carry an alarm and pepper spray? :frown:
Carry an alarm and pepper spray? :frown:

i probably should :tongue:
There aren't many night buses round here but they're pretty safe because they pretty much only go between the town and the university so it's almost exclusively drunk students using them. That is if the buses bother to turn up at all.
Just uber it!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roadman. Everywhere.

No, now I drive past the bus I used to run for.
Night buses in Manchester are alright ... fairly reliable, full of drunks but everyone has a laugh with each other.

Quick Reply

Latest