The Student Room Group

What is your learning style? (Quiz)

Poll

What's your learning style?

Hi Everyone! :wavey:
Do you learn Visually, Aurally, Textually or Kinesthetically?

As we're in the midst of endless revision, it might be a good idea to see which learning methods are best for you! Take the quiz here to see if you should be making mind maps and charts, talking through everything out loud, writing all the notes you can or revising with your friends. Maybe you're a mix of two, or maybe you think it's all a load of old rubbish? Does knowing your learning style help or hinder your studying? And if you've only just found out what type you are, will you use it to help revise?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have a very strong read/write learning preference apparently.

My scores were:

•Visual 2
•Aural 3
•Read/Write 10
•Kinesthetic 1
Reply 2
Original post by aarora
I have a very strong read/write learning preference apparently.

My scores were:

•Visual 2
•Aural 3
•Read/Write 10
•Kinesthetic 1

Wow that's a really strong preference! My aural preference was only like 2 points above everything else.
Reply 3
Original post by Fox Corner
Wow that's a really strong preference! My aural preference was only like 2 points above everything else.

It's quite accurate. I've always learnt through reading at home rather from listening to teachers or looking at pictures and flow charts etc. Even when I make notes they have to be really thorough and detailed, I can't do the whole simple bullet points thing.
Reply 4
My scores were:

Visual 2

Aural 4

Read/Write 9

Kinesthetic 2

So I have a strong read/write learning preference.I agree. :smile:
multimodel gr8

Visual 8
Aural 3
Read/Write 8
Kinaesthetic 6

it says "some people with a multimodal preference need to have the same material presented in several of their modes in order to really learn it, while others can effectively learn using any single one of their multiple preferences." which is soo true i usually find it takes me twice as long to get things compared to others :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by jawsontheflooor
multimodel gr8

Visual 8
Aural 3
Read/Write 8
Kinaesthetic 6

it says "some people with a multimodal preference need to have the same material presented in several of their modes in order to really learn it, while others can effectively learn using any single one of their multiple preferences." which is soo true i usually find it takes me twice as long to get things compared to others :frown:

At least those two learning styles kind of go well together! Making lots of written notes and then putting them into a mind map seems logical :tongue:

Visual 13

Aural 12

Read/Write 16

Kinesthetic 13

I think whatever method I prefer really depends on what I'm learning... :beard:
My scores were:
Visual 6
Aural 5
Read/Write 2
Kinaesthetic 12

I'm past the stage now where I'm going to be doing a lot of revision but I think it's important to be aware of how you learn best to help you generally in life. I don't think these learning styles are the be all and end all, but I think they can act as a good suggestion. I think my style has changed over the years, I definitely used to learn best through reading information, whereas now I have a more practical career I seem to get kinaesthetic results on these tests.
Original post by Fox Corner
At least those two learning styles kind of go well together! Making lots of written notes and then putting them into a mind map seems logical :tongue:

Yeah it just it takes ages to do it so you can remember it all !
Original post by Charlotte49
My scores were:
Visual 6
Aural 5
Read/Write 2
Kinaesthetic 12

I'm past the stage now where I'm going to be doing a lot of revision but I think it's important to be aware of how you learn best to help you generally in life. I don't think these learning styles are the be all and end all, but I think they can act as a good suggestion. I think my style has changed over the years, I definitely used to learn best through reading information, whereas now I have a more practical career I seem to get kinaesthetic results on these tests.

I definitely agree! I think it can be really helpful to know your learning style but it's not like you can't learn in other ways too
I ve done one of those tests before, apparently i m multimodal but being dyslexic and dyspraxic i normally stick to very visual stuff and audio.
Visual: 4
Aural: 4
Read / Write: 9
Kinaesthetic: 7

i have a multi-modal learning preference R/K

Spoiler

I got:

Visual 6

Aural 9

Read/Write 9

Kinesthetic 9

Visual 8

Aural 3

Read/Write 5

Kinesthetic 6

Multimodal

tbf I hate written explanations
Visual 13
Aural 8
Read/write 9
Kinaesthetic 12

You have a multimodal learning preference. (VARK)

I think this is true to me, I like to learn/revise in different ways to make it more interesting!
Visual 7
Aural 7
Read/Write 6
Kinesthetic 7

hrmph
'multimodal' ugh

I wanted a decisive answer :{
My scores were:

Visual 8
Aural 7
Read/Write 9
Kinaesthetic 5

I'm a very large mixture :biggrin::biggrin:
Your scores were:

Visual 9
Aural 7
Read/Write 9
Kinesthetic 11
You have a multimodal learning preference. (VARK)

Wooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Visual 8

Aural 6

Read/Write 3

Kinesthetic 9

You have a multimodal learning preference. (VAK)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending