The Student Room Group

Muslim Left 'Bear Grylls the Island' because there were women in Bikinis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Last_Melon
culture shock! kerpow!

OMG TLM. Long time no weirdness.
Original post by Straighthate
wasnt he the pussy that cried on the first day for no reason?
yh im sure he left because hotties were stripping

He left for other reasons.
Original post by DeceitfulDove
OMG TLM. Long time no weirdness.

what's new with you my angel.
Please explain.

I just don't get why a religious person who has beliefs which persist him from doing certain things would eagerly go to an experience which would obviously force him to get his hands dirty.
Plenty of people would have given it a good go, Why even bother applying if you're going to leave that quickly?

& if this is the reason he did leave, I find it very sad.

Original post by sfaraj
well if the person is in a relationship then morals would be dont sexually be attracted im already in a relationship

lol at thinking it works like that.

its like someone who doesnt believe in drinking alcohol would go to a pub or club because they have morals

You could go to the pub for a coke or a meal. Plenty of people do it.
So many muslim threads :///
Terrible reason if I'm honest, seems like a reason to cop out.
Original post by The_Last_Melon
what's new with you my angel.

Oh you know, just another awful break up and struggling with shitty dissertation. You?

Original post by champ_mc99
I just don't get why a religious person who has beliefs which persist him from doing certain things would eagerly go to an experience which would obviously force him to get his hands dirty.

I totally get that, that's what I think, although someone did say he wasn't aware they'd be there which makes sense, I was wondering how you were relating it to vegetarians.
I totally get that, that's what I think, although someone did say he wasn't aware they'd be there which makes sense, I was wondering how you were relating it to vegetarians.

I'm pretty sure drinking your own urine isn't allowed in any religion. :tongue: (He should've known something like this could've come up.)

Bad analogy I guess. Some people who hate animals being killed go to a youtube video showing something like this (e.g. deer hunting) and then complain about the video. Like if you're a vegetarian, why watch the video? (I'm guessing most of these guys aren't vegetarians though.)

Similarly, if you're against drinking your own piss, why go to this experience?
Original post by champ_mc99
I'm pretty sure drinking your own urine isn't allowed in any religion. :tongue: (He should've known something like this could've come up.)

Bad analogy I guess. Some people who hate animals being killed go to a youtube video showing something like this (e.g. deer hunting) and then complain about the video. Like if you're a vegetarian, why watch the video? (I'm guessing most of these guys aren't vegetarians though.)

Similarly, if you're against drinking your own piss, why go to this experience?

Could you imagine if they said ok we have to eat pork tonight it is the only thing we have got.
Original post by k.m.b
The thread title sounds like a Daily Mail headline.

LMAO! Lol
Original post by AperfectBalance
Could you imagine if they said ok we have to eat pork tonight it is the only thing we have got.

Lol ikr. Poor guy would have starved.
I doubt the guy's worried about his religion, lol. His wife doesn't even cover up. He knew what he signed up for when he applied to the programme. He probably couldn't handle it and missed hi family; religion's just his excuse.
Original post by AperfectBalance

That pretty much happened last year with the women's island. One of them was vegetarian and refused to eat it.

This was after they had found two piglets and instead of killing and cooking them they just kept them as pets and cuddled them to sleep because they were 'cute'. Even named them Sage & Onion. Then when they did eventually kill a pig (a different one), instead of doing something like smoking the meat to preserve it they buried it in a metal water container under the soil and ate it the next day when it had gone off, got ill and it was infested with maggots & flies, so they threw away the container, so now had even less water.

I remember they boiled some water in one of them water containers but left the lid screwed on so of course it exploded in one of their faces.

Terrible.
Oh you know, just another awful break up and struggling with shitty dissertation. You?

health is better, social life still awful. enjoying life though.
Original post by Wilfred Little
That pretty much happened last year with the women's island. One of them was vegetarian and refused to eat it.

This was after they had found two piglets and instead of killing and cooking them they just kept them as pets and cuddled them to sleep because they were 'cute'. Even named them Sage & Onion. Then when they did eventually kill a pig (a different one), instead of doing something like smoking the meat to preserve it they buried it in a metal water container under the soil and ate it the next day when it had gone off, got ill and it was infested with maggots & flies, so they threw away the container, so now had even less water.

I remember they boiled some water in one of them water containers but left the lid screwed on so of course it exploded in one of their faces.

Terrible.

#independentwomenwhoneednoman
#womanpower
#womenarejustasgoodateverything
#hashtag
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheBoredOne
Sexual attraction is natural, do you really think once someone is in a relationship they don't find any other girl sexually attractive?

You don't have to drink alcohol if you go to a pub or club? maybe they just want to be social.

but he probs has a family...so bit awkward

bad example- its like a vegetarian/ vegan working in a slaughter house just doesnt work with their beliefs

plus its not that deep fam, if a non-muslim left people would be like ok whatever cool for you bro, but once its a muslim...nope has to be some scientific, biological reason behind it
Original post by Wilfred Little
Plenty of people would have given it a good go, Why even bother applying if you're going to leave that quickly?

& if this is the reason he did leave, I find it very sad.

lol at thinking it works like that.

You could go to the pub for a coke or a meal. Plenty of people do it.

i gave a bad example, its like a vegan/vegetarian working at a slaughter house doesnt work does it?

and so what if thats his reason, so for the entertainment of everyone else he has to go against his beliefs and continue his experience awkwardly, he has as much right to leave the island as someone else despite the reasoning, hes human
Original post by JohnGreek
Looking at women in bikinis, surprisingly enough, may not tempt you to cheat on your partner or whoever you're in a relationship with. You can appreciate their bodies while still remembering that you have to remain loyal in your relationship. Likewise, you can go to a bar, hang out with people who are drinking, and yet refuse to drink yourself.

hes muslim right

so as you may know muslims do not get into relationships unless its marriage, it just works that way okay? meanwhile many scholars and religious sources have stated that it is wrong, haram almost to look at someone of the opposite sex with lust or sexual attraction. although it is completely normal, muslims abstain from such things and thats chill, so people need to stop going wild over his reasons and beliefs hes only human
Reply 39
Original post by sfaraj
but he probs has a family...so bit awkward

bad example- its like a vegetarian/ vegan working in a slaughter house just doesnt work with their beliefs

plus its not that deep fam, if a non-muslim left people would be like ok whatever cool for you bro, but once its a muslim...nope has to be some scientific, biological reason behind it

The non-muslims have families too. But I suppose the kuffars have less morals than Muslims.

If a non-Muslim left because of women in Bikinis, I certainly wouldn't think 'cool bro', I'd think it was embarrasing to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest