The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ripjonsnow
Im only being sassy to try and match your maturity.

:rolleyes:

Anyway as I said to OP the choice is hers so...you can stop quoting me now.
Original post by LittleMissMay
I'm a female, as is OP. I think my situation is more relevant. How can a guy who's hurt about a female not liking him back tell a female his situation is more relevant than another female's. :nothing:

Read the title "why guy, just why".

Surely you can see why I have submitted my opinion?
Especially since OP is asking guys. (although im sure she is seeking support from any gender)
Maybe he's shy. Or just feels more nervous when there's other people around. :dontknow:
Im only being sassy to try and match your maturity.

considering you said you used to do the same thing as the guy in question, which has also happened to me, how would you recommend making it clear that i'm not one of those 'bitchy' girls or whatever and that if he does confront me I'm not gonna cut him down? He's a really nice guy and i like talking to him but I'm super shy and I think he's shy too, or scared of me :frown: which is why we never talk in person hanging out in groups? thankssssss
Read the title "why guy, just why".

Surely you can see why I have submitted my opinion?
Especially since OP is asking guys. (although im sure she is seeking support from any gender)

"Guys" is unisex mate :rofl:
And since op asked whether to take my advice or yours, I'm guessing she doesn't care about gender as even you mentioned. Which nullifies the rest of your useless post, doesn't it. :lol: Still not sure why you're sticking around squabbling with me. This isn't an advice competition, you've just been insanely antagonising.
Original post by Anonymous
considering you said you used to do the same thing as the guy in question, which has also happened to me, how would you recommend making it clear that i'm not one of those 'bitchy' girls or whatever and that if he does confront me I'm not gonna cut him down? He's a really nice guy and i like talking to him but I'm super shy and I think he's shy too, or scared of me :frown: which is why we never talk in person hanging out in groups? thankssssss

:rofl:

hmm. I was hurt, but I only blamed myself. I think one of the best ways I would have coped is if she got a BF before I expressed my opinions, or when you are alone, casually bring up the topic, let him know you wont share the information with anyone except you too.
One of the things that let me down the most, is that she told everyone and all her friends, and I got singled out from there.
Just keep it between you two, let him know you notice these things and ask if he has any feelings. then just say to him, you are not interested, and just go from there. It will hurt him, but not as much as other people finding out and lowering his self esteem.
"Guys" is unisex mate :rofl:
And since op asked whether to take my advice or yours, I'm guessing she doesn't care about gender as even you mentioned. Which nullifies the rest of your useless post, doesn't it. :lol: Still not sure why you're sticking around squabbling with me. This isn't an advice competition, you've just been insanely antagonising.

Look, i dont care about your drama, iv come here to help op, we dont need another rude person in this world, its better she doesnt take advice from you.
:rofl:

im not even scary which is mainly why i'm so confused that he's shy infront of me but one of the loudest people in his friendship group:giggle: i promise i'm nice:colondollar:
Look, i dont care about your drama, iv come here to help op, we dont need another rude person in this world, its better she doesnt take advice from you.

I wasn't rude until you started badgering me :hand: As long as I'm not rude to her it doesn't matter :u:

im not even scary which is mainly why i'm so confused that he's shy infront of me but one of the loudest people in his friendship group:giggle: i promise i'm nice:colondollar:

Yes! Exactly! They're shy around us but all talkative and popular. So it's confusing because it's like...I know you're NOT shy :colonhash: Then what the hell is it? I say it's cowardice. I mean he's asked me in private of course :colonhash: "what am I gonna do with a pretty lady next to me in class?" And then he has a daughter my age. So I figure he's either insecure about dating at his age, or...he's insecure in general and puts on a show for everyone else but is all exposed in private. So now he has to retreat in a cave and recover this slipped mask. There's only two things to do with a coward and that's play into it and chase them around or ignore them and let them be. As I said the choice is yours, darl.
Why would you initiate a conversation with one particular girl ONLY when you're both alone, and if someone is around you don't talk at all?

I'm not sure about ONLY when we're both alone, depends what you mean by this. If there are other people around but they are too busy or out of earshot then I don't mind initiating a personal conversation to enjoy with her. If there are other people talking to her and such I prefer to just listen or let her be, or by a happy chance the discussion seems to be something I can actually talk about I don't mind chiming in.
[Q spoke="spoke" ="" UOTE="LittleMissMay;64134793"]Listen to me because rip has no idea wtf he's on about.

Anyway as a woman not an emotional guy who's been friendzoned, I say:
ignore him and see if he values your friendship and if he's mature enough to understand that you're upset. If he does not respond then don't embarrass yourself any further. That is the quickest way to know someone cares, by ignoring. If he cares he'll try harder to speak to you. If he's an insecure ego driven prat, he will sulk and ignore you back. Or you can go on trying to get him to speak which may push him away. The choice is yours.[/Q]

Well a day before we broke up for easter He spoke to me when I was alone in the canteen. He said hi (my name) then stood in silence we spoke about random stuff then I dropped the convro. Later that day he heard me say bf but I didn't say I had one. When we finished college he saw me walking with a guy. The next day he ignored my existence, but after the hols said you ok ( name) I said yh whilst avoiding eye contact he asked whether I did anything good during the holiday. .

Ok, the best thing to do its to talk to him about it privately, publicly humiliating him will only lower his self esteem.

Look above
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
I'm not sure about ONLY when we're both alone, depends what you mean by this. If there are other people around but they are too busy or out of earshot then I don't mind initiating a personal conversation to enjoy with her. If there are other people talking to her and such I prefer to just listen or let her be, or by a happy chance the discussion seems to be something I can actually talk about I don't mind chiming in.

Like if nobody we know are around
[Q spoke="spoke" ="" UOTE="LittleMissMay;64134793"]Listen to me because rip has no idea wtf he's on about.

Anyway as a woman not an emotional guy who's been friendzoned, I say:
ignore him and see if he values your friendship and if he's mature enough to understand that you're upset. If he does not respond then don't embarrass yourself any further. That is the quickest way to know someone cares, by ignoring. If he cares he'll try harder to speak to you. If he's an insecure ego driven prat, he will sulk and ignore you back. Or you can go on trying to get him to speak which may push him away. The choice is yours.[/Q]

Well a day before we broke up for easter He spoke to me when I was alone in the canteen. He said hi (my name) then stood in silence we spoke about random stuff then I dropped the convro. Later that day he heard me say bf but I didn't say I had one. When we finished college he saw me walking with a guy. The next day he ignored my existence, but after the hols said you ok ( name) I said yh whilst avoiding eye contact he asked whether I did anything good during the holiday. .

Look above

He probably ignored because he was hurt.
He would hurt less if it were only you two who knew.
hmm. I was hurt, but I only blamed myself. I think one of the best ways I would have coped is if she got a BF before I expressed my opinions, or when you are alone, casually bring up the topic, let him know you wont share the information with anyone except you too.
One of the things that let me down the most, is that she told everyone and all her friends, and I got singled out from there.
Just keep it between you two, let him know you notice these things and ask if he has any feelings. then just say to him, you are not interested, and just go from there. It will hurt him, but not as much as other people finding out and lowering his self esteem.

I'm OP not her
I wasn't rude until you started badgering me :hand: As long as I'm not rude to her it doesn't matter :u:

Yes! Exactly! They're shy around us but all talkative and popular. So it's confusing because it's like...I know you're NOT shy :colonhash: Then what the hell is it? I say it's cowardice. I mean he's asked me in private of course :colonhash: "what am I gonna do with a pretty lady next to me in class?" And then he has a daughter my age. So I figure he's either insecure about dating at his age, or...he's insecure in general and puts on a show for everyone else but is all exposed in private. So now he has to retreat in a cave and recover this slipped mask. There's only two things to do with a coward and that's play into it and chase them around or ignore them and let them be. As I said the choice is yours, darl.

I dunno, you were the one who started with the explicit language:

:rolleyes: Pluck up the courage and keep it there. OP's issue AND MINE are the dudes who DON'T have courage and **** with our emotions because of THEIR insecurities. Have us thinking ALL ALONG it's US when it's simply HIM being a sheep. :colonhash:

Look above

What
I'm OP not her

apologies, I didnt mean not to respond :P Just saw the notification and catching up.
apologies, I didnt mean not to respond :P Just saw the notification and catching up.

You said he ignored cuz he was hurt but y

I was referring to this:
"The next day he ignored my existence, but after the hols said you ok ( name) I said yh whilst avoiding eye contact he asked whether I did anything good during the holiday. . "

After reading it in more detail (I was confused with the quotes being slightly messed up),
He was probably just hurt. The sooner you let him know the better, but the best thing to do is to keep it between you two as best as you can (dont let this info leak out of the friend group)

Latest

Trending

Trending