The Student Room Group

Ranking of undergraduate business schools

Hi, I'm unable to find any ranking of undergraduate business schools similar to those published in the US such as the USNW, Bloomberg and Poets & Quants rankings. To gauge international and domestic prestige, should I go by the FT MBA ranking and assume similar quality in undergraduate education, go by the QS Business and Management ranking or if you don't think any of these are reliable, how would you rank them ? (including universities without business schools that offer undergrad management degrees such as LSE, Bristol and Kings).
Original post by AlphonseElric
Hi, I'm unable to find any ranking of undergraduate business schools similar to those published in the US such as the USNW, Bloomberg and Poets & Quants rankings. To gauge international and domestic prestige, should I go by the FT MBA ranking and assume similar quality in undergraduate education, go by the QS Business and Management ranking or if you don't think any of these are reliable, how would you rank them ? (including universities without business schools that offer undergrad management degrees such as LSE, Bristol and Kings).

As always, banks have a targeting system for their FO gigs:

Target: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Imperial (in no particular order, represents c.70-80% of UK intakes)

(strong) Semi Target: Durham, Bristol, Nottingham, Cass, Bath (represents c.12-16%)

(regular) Semi Target: Manchester, KCL, Edinburgh, St Andrews, (maybe) Loughborough (represents c.5-8%)

Then everything else

That's how things play out recruitment wise. As for business schools, they're not really that prevalent at the undergrad level, at least from UK unis (the EU hires on the other hand are pretty much exclusively business students), because banks draw from a wide range of uni
subjects.

I'm assuming FO IB is your aim since you've posted here.. This target system doesn't apply for back office stuff like tech, finance, operations etc

If it's not, a general ranking of strong undergrad business schools in general (although not helpful for IB), can be found on the Complete Uni Guide website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
As always, banks have a targeting system for their FO gigs:

Target: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Imperial (in no particular order, represents c.70-80% of UK intakes)

(strong) Semi Target: Durham, Bristol, Nottingham, Cass, Bath (represents c.12-16%)

(regular) Semi Target: Manchester, KCL, Edinburgh, St Andrews, (maybe) Loughborough (represents c.5-8%)

Then everything else

That's how things play out recruitment wise. As for business schools, they're not really that prevalent at the undergrad level, at least from UK unis (the EU hires on the other hand are pretty much exclusively business students), because banks draw from a wide range of uni
subjects.

I'm assuming FO IB is your aim since you've posted here.. This target system doesn't apply for back office stuff like tech, finance, operations etc

If it's not, a general ranking of strong undergrad business schools in general (although not helpful for IB), can be found on the Complete Uni Guide website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wondering, does it apply for middle office?
Original post by Trapz99
Just wondering, does it apply for middle office?

Yeah, to an extent but not nearly as stringent as FO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Yeah, to an extent but not nearly as stringent as FO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Reply 5
can you pls rank them for msc management ucl, kcl,warwick and cass
Original post by gsbs2
Mate, Loughborough's new generation is at it!

Ikr? They're smashing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ikr? They're smashing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, never knew Lboro was a semi-target. It's my insurance because of lower grade requirements :s-smilie:
Original post by gsbs2
Trust me, they are on a raising prospect. Check where the top pool of talent in Loughborough are interning this summer, heard there's some big company names out there!

Heard that it's really sporty though from the applicant day. I'm not extremely sporty, so I'm not sure I would fit in haha.
Original post by Peppercrunch
Heard that it's really sporty though from the applicant day. I'm not extremely sporty, so I'm not sure I would fit in haha.

It's not that sporty! That's just a stereotype, you'll find people of all sorts there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, heard quite a few Loughborough students are interning at the likes of Lazard and top BB's
Original post by gsbs2
hahahah Lazard is of another league, I doubt someone from Loughborough will ever go there!

American banks have always liked student athletes. Maybe it's a new trend we'll start seeing of sporting universities getting good recruitment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending