The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
IBP and then the "constant" part cancels out to zero.

Any idea on how to do part (f)?
Original post by KINGYusuf

Sure, I'll get back to you in an hour and a half - have to go out right now.

AQR is a straight line so what does tell you about AQ QR ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, does anyone know if there are Solomon worksheets for S1 and S2 ?
Original post by Danllo
Hi, does anyone know if there are Solomon worksheets for S1 and S2 ?

Papers yes, worksheets no.
where is everyone up to in their maths revision past paper wise?
Original post by jamessmith15
where is everyone up to in their maths revision past paper wise?

Done all standard past papers, about to move onto the Solomon ones and do extra worksheets on vectors and integration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blackdiamond97
Done all standard past papers, about to move onto the Solomon ones and do extra worksheets on vectors and integration

Posted from TSR Mobile

is that for all the units, C3 C4 and m1
Original post by jamessmith15
is that for all the units, C3 C4 and m1

C3 and C4, yes. I do S2, and I've only just started papers on that module
Why can't I use the reverse chain rule on (x^2+3)^2 but I can with (x+3)^2 ?
Original post by thad33

Derivitive inside the bracket is a constant ie 1. Derivitive inside beacket of first one is 2x which you can't divide by using reverse chain rule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33

The rule holds when your integral is of the form af(x)f(x)ndx\int a f'(x)f(x)^{n} \, \mathrm{d}x.

Man this isn't even A Level Mathematics ??
Hey guys, I'm really struggling with maths, I just sit there in class and in class I understand it but when I do it myself I really don't get it.
I don't know how and where to start my revision. Last year I didn't work hard enough and I got a D, however I'm retaking a few modules.

What is the best way for revising for maths? At this point shall I just do past papers and learn the content like that? Will that help me achieve at least a C this year?

Thank you in advance
Original post by 06052008
Hey guys, I'm really struggling with maths, I just sit there in class and in class I understand it but when I do it myself I really don't get it.
I don't know how and where to start my revision. Last year I didn't work hard enough and I got a D, however I'm retaking a few modules.

What is the best way for revising for maths? At this point shall I just do past papers and learn the content like that? Will that help me achieve at least a C this year?

Thank you in advance

Do one paper. Decide which topics you're not very confident on and go back over notes, online resources etc to increase your understanding. Do another paper. Repeat until your exam.
image.jpgOnly for students aiming for 75/75. Will upload answer in 10 mins, soz for handwriting

A is the point where the tangent meets the X axis
(edited 8 years ago)
thank you!
Somebody check my working please, This question was posted way earlier, when I hadn't studied By parts.

Attempted it now: Would integrating ln^2(x) be expected in C4 though?

Also someone throw me a nice, By parts question. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SaadKaleem

Yep, that's fine. Now do

Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle [br]\begin{equation*}\int_0^{2\pi} e^x \cos mx \, \mathrm{d}x = \frac{\alpha}{\beta m^2 + \gamma}(\zeta e^{2\pi} - \mu) \end{equation*}

Where α,β,γ,ζ\alpha, \beta, \gamma, \zeta and μ\mu are constants to be determined.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Yep, that's fine. Now do

Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle [br]\begin{equation*}\int_0^{2\pi} e^x \cos mx \, \mathrm{d}x = \frac{\alpha}{\beta m^2 + \gamma}(\zeta e^{2\pi} - \mu) \end{equation*}

Where α,β,γ,ζ\alpha, \beta, \gamma, \zeta and μ\mu are constants to be determined.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending