The Student Room Group

Shocking video shows school worker punching autistic boy after racial remark

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LittleMissMay
Don't let him get away with it because they're physically inferior? That's like saying, she called me the n word and told me to die on my mum's grave-but she's shorter than me so ok, I'll ignore it. Wtf?

But he is mentally inferior, that is a massive difference and you can't equate it to being physically inferior. Even if he wasn't autistic the fact he is 10 makes him also mentally inferior.
Original post by Jebedee
But he is mentally inferior, that is a massive difference and you can't equate it to being physically inferior. Even if he wasn't autistic the fact he is 10 makes him also mentally inferior.

Yea I'm saying violence is conditional. If the person has been told over and over not to do something and they still do it and only if you really do feel they should learn this thing, then what other options have you got? I mean there's punishment, see if that works. I agree with you halfway that the victim shouldn't have been hit but I disagree it's simply for being disabled. So I'm not saying hit the guy either, I'm saying special treatment for being disabled I am against. Do you know of racist blind people? They should be dealt with even still.
Yea I'm saying violence is conditional. If the person has been told over and over not to do something and they still do it and only if you really do feel they should learn this thing, then what other options have you got? I mean there's punishment, see if that works. I agree with you halfway that the victim shouldn't have been hit but I disagree it's simply for being disabled. So I'm not saying hit the guy either, I'm saying special treatment for being disabled I am against. Do you know of racist blind people? They should be dealt with even still.

I used to work with a 70 year old woman who used to spout some really racist stuff regularly, despite being asked to keep a lid on it. According to your logic I should have popped her one in the mouth to teach her a lesson?

Here's an option, be a grown up and understand that some people can't be changed by reason or force. No one is asking you to agree with whatever a person is saying if you don't like it.

That kid I'm sure has parents and what image will this give them of black people? How about other parents who have children with special needs? Your attitude if held by enough people would result in a race war and if that happened I don't see black people coming out as the victor. So even if you can't let a slight go from a logical perspective, perhaps try and let it go from a survival perspective.
Original post by Dinasaurus
Don't hate Dalek, he's a living legend on this site, you should learn some respect.

lol such a spicy response

this thread is great
Original post by StrangeBanana
lol such a spicy response

this thread is great

This guy will probably get a field's medal, he is a TSR legend.
Original post by Jebedee
I used to work with a 70 year old woman who used to spout some really racist stuff regularly, despite being asked to keep a lid on it. According to your logic I should have popped her one in the mouth to teach her a lesson?

Here's an option, be a grown up and understand that some people can't be changed by reason or force. No one is asking you to agree with whatever a person is saying if you don't like it.

That kid I'm sure has parents and what image will this give them of black people? How about other parents who have children with special needs? Your attitude if held by enough people would result in a race war and if that happened I don't see black people coming out as the victor. So even if you can't let a slight go from a logical perspective, perhaps try and let it go from a survival perspective.

I literally said violence isn't the answer and there are other methods just as if not more effective.
By your logic turn your cheek to horrible things because of physical condition.
Original post by Dinasaurus
This guy will probably get a field's medal, he is a TSR legend.

because that's what field's medals are awarded for :tongue:
I literally said violence isn't the answer and there are other methods just as if not more effective.
By your logic turn your cheek to horrible things because of physical condition.

Words are not "horrible" things, they are a very minor infraction regardless of content.

And yes, if that physical condition is being a child, having a mental disorder or being elderly or any combination of them then yes, either counter it with words or walk away.

Words should NEVER lead to violence.
Original post by Jebedee
Words are not "horrible" things, they are a very minor infraction regardless of content.

And yes, if that physical condition is being a child, having a mental disorder or being elderly or any combination of them then yes, either counter it with words or walk away.

Words should NEVER lead to violence.

I have been saying this whole time that words are minor. I even literally said that and shouldn't lead to violence, did you forget? :lolwut:
Also I said horrible things, if I specifically meant words I would've said that. I even clarified that I mean special treatment for condition...(hate repeating myself but here we go) is wrong. End of.
I have been saying this whole time that words are minor. I even literally said that and shouldn't lead to violence, did you forget? :lolwut:
Also I said horrible things, if I specifically meant words I would've said that. I even clarified that I mean special treatment for condition...(hate repeating myself but here we go) is wrong. End of.

You said what other options has one got rather than hitting someone, sounds like a pro-violence comment to me but oh well.
Original post by Jebedee
You said what other options has one got rather than hitting someone, sounds like a pro-violence comment to me but oh well.

Did you read the rest I mean...
Did you read the rest I mean...

I did yeah and I wouldn't call it privilege that you're not meant to hit them. It is the difference between a dignity society and an honour society.
Original post by Jebedee
I did yeah and I wouldn't call it privilege that you're not meant to hit them. It is the difference between a dignity society and an honour society.

Well I pointed that out to you to make sure that you weren't saying the disabled or physically vulnerable deserve special treatment. As long as they're able to at least understand feelings and right and wrong which 90% of them are ok, then they need to be dealt with accordingly. I never said violence. I did understand the violence, I did not agree or condone it. I understand it. But I feel when it comes to words and discipline there are more effective methods. I can't repeat this anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending