The Student Room Group

What job did you hate the most?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reue
Again; you've no idea what you're talking about. The CT only spend a minority of their time doing actual moderation, theyve plenty of other duties around here.

I get that you think you're having a pop at the man on here, but really you're just coming across as an ignorant fool.

My statement was my own opinion to which you choose to question. I personally think their jobs are trivial and meaningless. You can disagree with that and idrc. Makes you seem like the fool really, trying to get me to justify my opinion.
Reply 21
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
I hated doing street sales.

Haha i see them in town stopping people to ask them to join up for something i always try to dodge them. Would find that hard to do.
Hi there!

Our worst job was probably cleaning the toilets at the caravan park before we started our new venture.

We just wanted to share a great site that can help you make decisions, give you motivation, provide you with planning tools and support your goals.

Check out iGerit, also on FB, TW, INS, PIN & Youbtube.

Completely free of charge & a great way to get you through your exams & next steps.

Used by successful, goal driven people.Thanks everyone.
Original post by Reue
I think it's obvious you've no idea what you're talking about. Please point out a Support Team member who gets paid and works in their offices...

:rofl:

Also, used to do live chat support… that was frustrating.
Probably when I had to work in a stainless steel workshop for like 3 months x 2, God it was so dull and I just hate manual work it really isn't for me at all.

God knows how I got through it.
Reply 25
Original post by iEthan
:rofl:

Also, used to do live chat support… that was frustrating.

Sounds fun :biggrin: what did you provide support for?
Original post by chikane
Sounds fun :biggrin: what did you provide support for?

A web host I used to work for :lol: it was mundane stuff!
One of my part time jobs when i was younger was as a healthcare assistant in a pharmacy. It was the most mind-numbingly boring job. The pharmacy was dead silent so you could hear a pin drop. I mostly just filed repeat prescriptions and served the occasional customer that would come in. The whole day was like watching paint dry.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reue
I expect its no different than working in any other customer services department.

Like retail?

'I hate shopping here' (So why are you here then exactly?)

'Is everything in the sale?' (Most popular question on Boxing Day)

'Do you work here?' (Even though you wear the company t-shirt with your name on it).
Reply 29
Original post by Boreism
Like retail?

'I hate shopping here' (So why are you here then exactly?)

'Is everything in the sale?' (Most popular question on Boxing Day)

'Do you work here?' (Even though you wear the company t-shirt with your name on it).

I hated when it was 5 minutes left to close and more customers would turn up and you have to tell them to leave as it's closing but they still insist saying they need to get something (then get here earlier!!!) or customers who were still paying for their stuff and the shops supposed to shut making us all late to leave.
Original post by chikane
I hated when it was 5 minutes left to close and more customers would turn up and you have to tell them to leave as it's closing but they still insist saying they need to get something (then get here earlier!!!) or customers who were still paying for their stuff and the shops supposed to shut making us all late to leave.

Cleaning up the shop (store recovery they call it) was much harder when people always change their minds and stick the item at a random place where it shouldn't go!

Glad I'm out of that sector now! :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Boreism
Cleaning up the shop (store recovery they call it) was much harder when people always change their minds and stick the item at a random place where it shouldn't go!

Glad I'm out of that sector now! :smile:

Me too i worked at Marks and Spencer and found that a lovely place to work at.
Disliked recovery and hanging clothes, i preferred working on the tills so always tried to stay there.
Would never work there unless its a managerial position.
Reply 32
Original post by sabana
Really bad, I would cry almost everyday. They should have been more supportive I think. I used to get really scared whilst working that I'll do something wrong and get told off. Also they wanted you to do a lot of work for little money and they'd constantly check how much you did. Wasn't worth it. Thanks I love the job I'm in now it's so much more enjoyable and relaxed :smile:

I'm glad you are out of there doesn't seem like a nice environment and your happiness comes first:h: i had supervisors where i worked at primark and in a previous job the management was so horrible all they cared about was targets or numbers and everyone was so unhappy in the end she got dismissed as the company found out she did something inappropriate..
I'm glad you are happy now :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by LiquidGold
One of my part time jobs when i was younger was as a healthcare assistant in a pharmacy. It was the most mind-numbingly boring job. The pharmacy was dead silent so you could hear a pin drop. I mostly just filed repeat prescriptions and served the occasional customer that would come in. The whole day was like watching paint dry.

I can imagine i go to my chemist and there is never anyone in there and its so quiet which is why i liked working in retail as the time goes so quickly but also you always have something to do.
Original post by chikane
Me too i worked at Marks and Spencer and found that a lovely place to work at.
Disliked recovery and hanging clothes, i preferred working on the tills so always tried to stay there.
Would never work there unless its a managerial position.

Mine was worse, I used to work at Primark. Wasn't the best place, but it was either that or stay at home going crazy!
Warehouse operator on packaging production line.
Reply 36
Original post by Boreism
Mine was worse, I used to work at Primark. Wasn't the best place, but it was either that or stay at home going crazy!

Did you read my op? I said I worked for Primark for 2 years on the weekend.
Marks and Spencers was my first temp job before Primark.
Original post by chikane
Did you read my op? I said I worked for Primark for 2 years on the weekend.
Marks and Spencers was my first temp job before Primark.

Oh sorry I didn't read the post I was slightly sleepy when typing!

Which store did you work in? I worked in Sheffield, Birmingham and Nottingham. all about dedication.
Reply 38
Original post by Boreism
Oh sorry I didn't read the post I was slightly sleepy when typing!

Which store did you work in? I worked in Sheffield, Birmingham and Nottingham. all about dedication.

Worked in Coventry but was going to work for Banbury but couldn't due to personal reasons.
Found it awful the supervisors are rude and there is alot of politics certain people are made managers or supervisors and customers would look down at you and mess everything up also having to work bank holiday is annoying too glad im out of there.
Original post by chikane
Morning all :smile:

Wondered whether anyone had a job they really hated or maybe they are currently in one you could share your stories?

Years ago I worked part time over the weekend at Primark and absolutely hated every minute was there for 2 years. It was so messy and busy also having to work in fitting room some days made me want to cry.

So what's yours?

The only part I hate about my job is that I can't listen to music while working because of customers...

So... I often point them to the wrong aisle.

Just kidding...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending