The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP1 Thread - 20th May, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Acrux
How many papers did you do for C1/2 S1 and FP1 and the UMS that followed?
If you dont mind me asking

I did about 6/7+ papers for each module, I think. Something like that.
Original post by Acrux
How many papers did you do for C1/2 S1 and FP1 and the UMS that followed?
If you dont mind me asking

His results are here and he did about 5-6 for each. I know because he's said this so many times before. :laugh:
Reply 102
Original post by Zacken
I did about 6/7+ papers for each module, I think. Something like that.

No solomon papers?
Original post by Acrux
No solomon papers?

Nu-uh, just regular ones. Never got the point of doing worksheets/madasmaths papers/solomon papers/etc... just the bare essential ones and then off to do interesting maths. :yep:
Reply 104
Original post by Zacken
Nu-uh, just regular ones. Never got the point of doing worksheets/madasmaths papers/solomon papers/etc... just the bare essential ones and then off to do interesting maths. :yep:

Fair enough.
Thanks
Original post by Acrux
Fair enough.
Thanks

Probably not the most useful advice for exam prep. :tongue:
Reply 106
Original post by Zacken
Probably not the most useful advice for exam prep. :tongue:

agreed
Hi, does anyone have any solutions or worked answers for the crash maths coordinate systems worksheet please? Would be really helpful :smile:
Original post by economicss
Hi, does anyone have any solutions or worked answers for the crash maths coordinate systems worksheet please? Would be really helpful :smile:

I've just started one and will finish it off tomorrow for you.
Original post by kingaaran

Don't you have revision of your own? :tongue: Extremely kind of you, I must say.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Don't you have revision of your own? :tongue: Extremely kind of you, I must say.

Yeah which is why I decided to stop and finish it off tomorrow.

Might do an M3 paper now I think...

Thanks so much! :smile:
Yeah which is why I decided to stop and finish it off tomorrow.

Might do an M3 paper now I think...

Try an IAL, those are always fun!
Try an IAL, those are always fun!

I'm still on January 2006 - gonna finish the earlier ones first, because I need all the practice I can get with this module :tongue:

Your document doesn't load. What paper is it?
Your document doesn't load. What paper is it?

Sorry, June 2015 IAL :smile:
Sorry, June 2015 IAL :smile:

It's not on spec for the UK syllabus since you don't need to know how to turn it about any given angle.

However, the matrix (cosθsinθsinθcosθ)\begin{pmatrix} \cos \theta & -\sin \theta \\ \sin\theta & \cos\theta \end{pmatrix} is the matrix which rotates any matrix through an angle θ\theta about O. You'd use this matrix to find Q\mathbf{Q}.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LelouchViRuge
I want to wish everyone the best of luck for this module. Looking back at discussions from a few years ago, I've noticed a pattern. The people who score low in this module regard this module as 'easy' and never practice it. Hence, they end up with this being the module they scored lowest on. Stupid right? Don't make that mistake.

I have given you everything you need to score high on this module. Use it to your advantage, so you're not having to retake modules next year. Again, Good luck everyone!

Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the Exam Directory Thread which you can find here. Use that thread to find discussions on your other exam papers, and do let me know if you spot any that aren't on the list. Good luck with this exam! :h:
Anyone want to have a go at these? Spoiler solutions!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending