The Student Room Group

Do you use coconut oil?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LittleMissMay
So like...wake up, then check messages, swish swish, spit, rinse, health?
And ok I use products simply with coconut oil in them but where do I get the solid raw shtuff?
Hope I'm not a bother. :h:

Yep, pretty much haha!

I get mine from MyProtein.com because I write articles for them, so I get products for free.
Original post by leavingthecity
All depends on your hair type and how thoroughly you wash it out!

What is your hair type?

Did you try this in hot or cold weather?

atm im not sure as im suffering with excessive hair loss and the drs dont know why
tried it about 2 months ago in a desperate bid to help my hair
Reply 42
How long do you leave it in your hair?
Original post by LelouchViRuge
That was nice to know, growing a beard down there to make up for the bum fluff on your chin?

of course it smoothens out the bush to feather like feel.

LOL
Original post by .JC.
Yep, pretty much haha!

I get mine from MyProtein.com because I write articles for them, so I get products for free.

Send me some :colondollar:
Original post by shawtyb
atm im not sure as im suffering with excessive hair loss and the drs dont know why
tried it about 2 months ago in a desperate bid to help my hair

It's very unlikely to help. It's action is to preserve the integrity of the hair you already have. It has a mild anti microbial action and a mild anti inflammatory action that may slightly help you to keep your hair if you had such problems.

Do you have a suspicion as to the root of it? No, I wouldn't recommend coconut oil on it's own for your problem.
It's very unlikely to help. It's action is to preserve the integrity of the hair you already have. It has a mild anti microbial action and a mild anti inflammatory action that may slightly help you to keep your hair if you had such problems.

Do you have a suspicion as to the root of it? No, I wouldn't recommend coconut oil on it's own for your problem.

yea i gave up with it haha
but no idea about it at all, it happens every day but mostly when i wash and brush my hair. literally like heaps and heaps come out
Original post by shawtyb
yea i gave up with it haha
but no idea about it at all, it happens every day but mostly when i wash and brush my hair. literally like heaps and heaps come out

Do you think it's inherited? Have you tried minoxidil? A gp could maybe prescribe it as it's a bit expensive when branded Rogaine.
Yes, the night before i shower. Coconut oil is AMAZING. I would recommend it to everyone. If i wash my hair without massaging it with coconut oil, my hair looks dry and ugly. As a kid, I barely had any hair but it's been around 5 years since I started using coconut oil. My hair is so thick and volumous now and I even get compliments.
you need to have patience and do it the night before you wash your hair. keep on doing it and it will definitely make a difference. I wash my hair about 2/3 times a week and i always massage it the night before.
Do you think it's inherited? Have you tried minoxidil? A gp could maybe prescribe it as it's a bit expensive when branded Rogaine.

its not inherited as its just started. nope and there running more tests
My mum threw out the cooking oil and now uses coconut oil. It's less smelly especially when doing a fry up. I also use it for my hair. I love it.
Original post by shawtyb
its not inherited as its just started. nope and there running more tests

No harm in using something like coconut oil to make your existing hair as healthy as possible. Take all the tests you are offered to establish the underlying condition and focus on diet and lifestyle in the meantime. Best of luck with this. I know what it's like to lose a lot of hair from stress so I really feel for you. Also don't wear any hairstyles that put stress on the scalp and look into silk/satin pillowcases. Stop brushing it if you can.
No harm in using something like coconut oil to make your existing hair as healthy as possible. Take all the tests you are offered to establish the underlying condition and focus on diet and lifestyle in the meantime. Best of luck with this. I know what it's like to lose a lot of hair from stress so I really feel for you. Also don't wear any hairstyles that put stress on the scalp and look into silk/satin pillowcases. Stop brushing it if you can.

yea i am :smile:
i barely brush or wash it cuz of it, i feel like a tramp :/
even the dr said she can see where its thinning :'(
it will grow back wont it?
Original post by shawtyb
yea i am :smile:
i barely brush or wash it cuz of it, i feel like a tramp :/
even the dr said she can see where its thinning :'(
it will grow back wont it?

It's likely to grow back I think given the wide range of reasons that could be causing it. Have you had your thyroid tested?
It's likely to grow back I think given the wide range of reasons that could be causing it. Have you had your thyroid tested?

yea that came back clear
I use argan oil, I got it from aldi too.
Original post by LittleMissMay
What's "oil pulling?"

you swish the oil around in your mouth and it gets rid of the bacteria in a morning and can whiten your teeth :smile:
My friend constantly raves about it and I keep meaning to use it for my broken and damaged hair but never getting round to it. Is it as good as people insist it is?
Original post by fluffpot89
I 'm a little obsessed with it at the moment!

They are currently selling the cold-pressed variety at Aldi for just £2.99

Did a little review here:- http://teddybearpaws1.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/cheap-coconut-oil-for-299.html

My hair is really broken and damaged from bleach so I love using it as an overnight masque and I love making chocolate with it !

does the Alidi stuff work just as good as the expensive stuff? I usually buy mine from Holland and Barrett, and even on offer its somewhere in the reigion og £20 for a big jar.

I love using it on my curly hair, especially if it feels brittle from straightening it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending